Madonna to Honor Prince at Billboard Awards with live performance

Yung Rapunxel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=278&v=Ej9hqglHTLY

Wendy Williams, who bashed Madonna plenty of times in the past calling her â€œold, stupid, dumb and desperate†once, took a stance and defended Madonna…

Oh really Prince people?Who do you think is worthy?There are three people in the trinity of greatness in music as far as pop stars that are age appropriate… and two of them are dead: Michael, Prince and Madonna.That’s it!

We say a lot about Madonna here on the show, and we will continue to, but I think Madonna is perfect for this. Who do you want?Miguel?Elton John?Aretha Franklin?Oh let me guess… Lady Gaga?Janelle Monae?Madonna? (public cheers)

I like all the people that I mentioned, but let’s be fair and talk about a tribute.Prince and Madonna have a long history!He appeared twice on her “Like a Prayer†album and they dated in 1985…Then they fought for years after the dating, but recently made up.

So, again, petitioners, please have several seats.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yung Rapunxel

Madonna will pay tribute to Prince with a live performance at the Billboard Music Awards this month. Billboard and Dick Clark Productions told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Madonna will honor Prince at the May 22 show. Specific details about the performance weren’t revealed. The Billboard Awards will air live on ABC from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Ludacris and Ciara will host the show, which will include performances by Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Pink, Demi Lovato and Justin

groovyguy

Excellent piece      Madonna’s Only Wrongdoing Is That She Is Still Alive http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/madonnas-only-wrongdoing-is-that-she-is-still-alive_us_57435497e4b09f28cf5a02ba When Madonna honored Prince at last night’s Billboard Music Awards, I thought to myself, there is no other artist more suitable to honor the music and art of the tragically deceased Prince. After all, Madonna’s close relationship with Prince is well known and documented (check their duet- Love Song

Fighter

I don't care who Prince nor Madonna is. I don't care if they're legendary or sacred. Or part of the "trinity of pop"   The only thing I care about is that A HUMAN BEING put their heart and soul to tribute another human being, A FRIEND. So if we feel compelled to spew hateful opinions we need to re-evaluate our values because it is plain disrespectful.   It's not the decent thing to do.   This isn't the Superbowl, nor one of her shows. This is a tribute from a friend to a friend.   Grow t

"really beautiful" and "intimate": ok, you killed me now

JUST IN 3 DAYS  :om:

"Get Ready To Cry"

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/bbma/7377479/billboard-music-awards-sneak-peek-madonna-britney-and-more-major-moments?utm_source=twitter

Billboard Music Awards Sneak Peek: Madonna, Britney and More Major Moments to Expect

Madonna Celebrates Prince

After the death of Prince in April, the BBMA producers began discussing a tribute to the multitalented artist, which led to conversations with Madonna's team. Although the details of Madge's performance are under wraps, Bracco says it will be "intimate." "She has been very involved in how it will be presented," he says. "It will be one of the emotional highlights of the show."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=278&v=Ej9hqglHTLY

Wendy Williams, who bashed Madonna plenty of times in the past calling her â€œold, stupid, dumb and desperate†once, took a stance and defended Madonna…

Wow even Hater like Wendy admit that there's the only one choice it's Queen of pop Madonna!

Although it's not exactly my favourite Prince song, I have a feeling M will sing Nothing Compares 2 U. Would be good if she gave us a bit of Love Song to make it extra special. As long as she stays away from Purple Rain... although it could be a medley? Ahh, can't wait to find out what she's up to! :thinker: