Madonna to Honor Prince at Billboard Awards with live performance

Yung Rapunxel

Twitter is destroying her tbh. Seems to be the same silly "opinions" from the same silly people. 

I can't believe people actually wanted some kind of high energy extravaganza. People's taste levels on the floor at this time.

The same M haters on Twitter were thrashing her even b4 the tribute performance

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yung Rapunxel

Madonna will pay tribute to Prince with a live performance at the Billboard Music Awards this month. Billboard and Dick Clark Productions told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Madonna will honor Prince at the May 22 show. Specific details about the performance weren’t revealed. The Billboard Awards will air live on ABC from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Ludacris and Ciara will host the show, which will include performances by Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Pink, Demi Lovato and Justin

groovyguy

Excellent piece      Madonna’s Only Wrongdoing Is That She Is Still Alive http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/madonnas-only-wrongdoing-is-that-she-is-still-alive_us_57435497e4b09f28cf5a02ba When Madonna honored Prince at last night’s Billboard Music Awards, I thought to myself, there is no other artist more suitable to honor the music and art of the tragically deceased Prince. After all, Madonna’s close relationship with Prince is well known and documented (check their duet- Love Song

Fighter

I don't care who Prince nor Madonna is. I don't care if they're legendary or sacred. Or part of the "trinity of pop"   The only thing I care about is that A HUMAN BEING put their heart and soul to tribute another human being, A FRIEND. So if we feel compelled to spew hateful opinions we need to re-evaluate our values because it is plain disrespectful.   It's not the decent thing to do.   This isn't the Superbowl, nor one of her shows. This is a tribute from a friend to a friend.   Grow t

Some of you will never be pleased...  Prince was her friend and PEER, not her idol.  What she chose was appropriate to how she felt about him, unlike the way she grew up listening to David Bowie records etc.  I don't think she could have chosen any other song.

Exactly! Her Bowie tribute was her fangirling, this was about a friend. :) 

And honestly I feel like her vocals were very strong. She even did those fast notes with no autotune this time. 

All I didn't like was the ugly S&S hair but w/e

I feel like the performance did end a bit awkwardly or a bit anticlimatic. But for the most part it was beautiful.

I feel like that was because they didn't know what to do with Stevie Wonder after they got him on the stage.  I preferred the first part but the entire thing was beautiful.

And thank God, that Gucci outfit was gorgeous and not the mess of a Macklemore Grammy suit.

Hate Madonna all you want. I was there. I saw how emotional she was during the tribute, she put her heart into the performance.

Chris Tanasoff â€@ChrisTanasoff  1h1 hour agoThe global media praise for Madonna's tribute is making the haters SEETHE! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

I feel like that was because they didn't know what to do with Stevie Wonder after they got him on the stage.  I preferred the first part but the entire thing was beautiful.

And thank God, that Gucci outfit was gorgeous and not the mess of a Macklemore Grammy suit.

I think the end was a bit too repeated

Ending should've had something more, like maybe some confetti or some shit. Like it was raining :) i know cheesy but at least it creates a bigger effect. It was very abrupt how it ended and everyone was like welp good night.. lol I think people were left wanting more, is the main problem

I think confetti would have been cheesier and then people would say she was being disrespectful, blah blah.  She cut it off at the right point.

I'm just so thankful that the stupid award show actually didn't run over or worse, run closing credits or shit over her performance.  That last spot is so nervewracking!

If you read my previous posts then you guys know that I want some spectacular dance heavy performance from Her.

But you know what? I will eat that opinion.

Madonna is right! (again!!!!!)

Tribute should be done this way. it was Perfection!! PERFECTION!!!

Posted Image

When the moment we can see that purple chair and purple outfit arms..

I thought that "Oh.. Prince is that you?!!!" in brief moments!

That was just simple but perfect epic and very emotional entrance and Genius opening for prince tribute!!

And about song choice.

Think about "Nothing compares to U".  

Beside The fact that that song written by Prince himself, just think about song itself.

Think about lyrics!

It's been seven hours and fifteen days Since u took your love away

I go out every night and sleep all day Since u took your love away

Since u been gone I can do whatever I want

I can see whomever I choose I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant

But nothing I said nothing can take away these blues

`Cause nothing compares Nothing compares 2 u

It's been so lonely without u here

Like a bird without a song

Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling

Tell me baby where did I go wrong

I could put my arms around every boy I see But they'd only remind me of you

I went to the doctor and guess what he told me Guess what he told me

He said, "Girl, you better try to have fun no matter what you do."

But he's a fool

`Cause nothing compares Nothing compares 2 u

All the flowers that u planted, mama In the back yard

All died when u went away I know that living with u baby was sometimes hard

But I'm willing to give it another try

Nothing compares Nothing compares 2 u

It was perfect tribute song (which written by Prince himself!!) for how much Madonna miss him, and whole world miss him now!

I just... I'm crying now.. because Madonna done it so beautifully and perfectly.

I can feel her pain and her emotions.. This is The Best performance of 2016.

Period.