hard candy Celebrate: Hard Candy debuted at #1 8 years ago

Holy_Water

Sorry - not a milestone i would celebrate - her albums have been downhill since this one ? this is the album where she followed what other artists were doing(Hell even Duran Duran used Timberland and JT before her in 2007 ??) rather than using producers no -one had used commercially before(Orbit and Mirwais)

^ Rebel Heart is her best album since Confessions though. HC isn't a bad album, it's pretty decent and Madonna has also used big name producers in the past along with unknowns. Nike Rodgers for LAV and Bedtime Stories cone to mind. Even Patrick Leonard was pretty well known as a rock producer before True Blue.

And Madonna had worked with Timberlake and Timberland BEFORE Duran Duran did. DD hired then in the summer of 2007 to complete their album and their album was released in November 2007.Madonna had already worked with those 2 and was basically done HC by the summer of 2007 2nd she performed at Live Earth. In fact HC was originally supposed to come out at October/November 2007 but Madonna wanted a spring 2008 release.

Sorry - not a milestone i would celebrate - her albums have been downhill since this one ? this is the album where she followed what other artists were doing(Hell even Duran Duran used Timberland and JT before her in 2007 ??) rather than using producers no -one had used commercially before(Orbit and Mirwais)

MDNA and Rebel Heart aren't any different though and her discography has more "following what other artists were doing" than not, see Reggie Lucas and Nile Rodgers already. Don't forget before William Orbit, ROL was meant to be a Nellee Hooper album with a bit of Babyface, Rick Nowels & Robert Miles but then Hooper wanted more credit so Madonna ended up using someone who had remixed her seven years ago already!

Poor choice for singles and only 2 music videos to promote the album... if she released Devil wouldnt recognized you after 4 minutes with some sexy dark video I belive it would be more memorable than it is now.

MDNA also had poor choices for singles... Rebel Heart needed MORE singles to be released, but somehow Madonna isn't into making music videos...

Poor choice for singles and only 2 music videos to promote the album... if she released Devil wouldnt recognized you after 4 minutes with some sexy dark video I belive it would be more memorable than it is now.

MDNA also had poor choices for singles... Rebel Heart needed MORE singles to be released, but somehow Madonna isn't into making music videos...

She made 2 good videos for Rebel Heart(LFL & GT) but i agree before this her last decent video was probably either Hollywood or Die Another Day - her tour videos have been better than her commercial ones too(BS, DAD, Paradise, JML, NKM and Iconic)