Favorite Madonna album?

love_profusion

Favorite Madonna album?  

77 members voted

1. 1. Favorite Madonna album?

My gosh, it's a tie between American Life and Confessions. Confessions is definitely the most nostalgic album for me, since I followed the entire era from the beginning to end. I still remember waiting for the new singles to be released so I can listen to the remixes. All of those club remixes will have a special place for me, and I refuse to remove certain ones from my phone, no matter how much space they are taking up! Also, The Confessions Tour is definitely the best tour I have ever listened to - especially the officially released DVD/CD; the vocals, live band and mastering are all stellar! But American Life is what initially made me a fan. I remember hearing Hollywood back in the day when I was like 6 years old and instantly falling in love with it. With this album too I loved the club mixes, but those came later after I started to get into club music with Confessions. I honestly cannot choose. Oh and, of course, there are the gems that are Ray of Light and Erotica, both of which I later got into and made me into the superfan that I am today :)

I guess if I had to choose I would pick Confessions.

• 1 year later...

True Blue but it was a tough choice - it was the first album(Cassette believe it or not) and was my introduction to an artist that i have followed my whole life since the beginning of 1987 - its still my favourite era of hers - the tour, the videos and of course the WTG film which i still watch to this day :)) if i could go back in time it would be to this year and i would love to have seen her perform at Wembley in 87 too(I was too young at the time :(((  )

I am so very pleased to see how much AL is loved on this board; I thought that I was amongst the minority in appreciating its beauty.  My top three albums:

1.  Music (probably always will be)

2.  Like A Virgin (it has to be here; it is the album that started it all for me)

3.  American Life (really, what's not to appreciate?)

It's impossible just pick one for me. Because every Madonna album is so unique and amazing.

so this is the only way for me

Level AAA++ Group : Like a Prayer, Confession on a Dance floor, Ray Of Light, True Blue, Like a Virgin

Level AAA Group : Music, Erotica, American Life, Rebel Heart, MDNA, 

Level AA+ Group : Hard Candy, Bedtime Stories, Madonna.

Well I just realized that I can't pick just one my the favorite album but I can usually can pick my the least  favorite album.

That's Bedtime stories. I only really love secret from that album. 

Am I the only person in the world who actually likes the American Life rap? :-o

No not just you my friend!

I really love the American life rap! and that choreography from M/V!!!!! That's so cool! 

I just don't understand that why so many people hate that rap. 

No no, I love it

No not just you my friend!I really love the American life rap! and that choreography from M/V!!!!! That's so cool! I just don't understand that why so many people hate that rap.

Thank you!! There was all this fuss at the time about it being embarrassing, but come on, she's not a rapper and it's not her trying to be a serious rapper. The lyrics are clever and she's poking fun at herself a bit. It's a bitnof fun that's not to be taken so seriously IMO. :-P