When did you see Madonna the first time and....

Voguerista

....do you remember the feeling of what it was like (in person)?

I saw her at Brixton. I'll never forget seeing her that first time. There was something so special and radiating about her. Her skin was flawless and it kind of sparkled. There was this unexplainable and powerful feeling. Just breathtaking. I'll never forget it.

....do you remember the feeling of what it was like?

Of course i do . it was a magical moment :hearteyes: when i was 8

First time i saw her was in her music video " Drowned World . Substitute for Love " in Egyptian airport on TV

I Didn't know her i tald my mother " she looks beautiful " and i asked her who's she ? she tald me about her

after i saw her Music Video " FROZEN " I Become a fan <3

BTW My mom was a Madonna fan <3

First Music Video: Borderline - I fell in love with her cos' she looks so beautiful, sexy and cool and looks like a major star.

First First Live Concert: Blond Ambition Tour [July 20th-22nd, 1990] - Saw her 3 nights at Wembley Stadium. Absolutely mind blowing.

First Intimate Promo Gig: American Life Promo at Tower Records, NYC [April 23rd, 2003] Amazing. She sounded so awesome live. The clips on YT does not do justice to her live vocal.

Blond Ambition Tour. I saw her the night before she cancelled. She had laryngitis and rough vocals the night she performed. I remember thinking how tiny she was.

I thought Rebel GIrl meant the first time we saw her live? Maybe I'm wrong?

We had MTV pretty early on, so I remember seeing her videos Lucky Star and Borderline being played a lot. I really didn't pay much attention to whom she was at the time. I remember when Material GIrl (the song) came out, I didn't believe it was her real name. My sisters were fans. I was obviously intrigued because I kept asking "who is this Madonna?". It wasn't until early '85 that I realized she was the same gal from the Lucky Star and Borderline videos. Though, that's when she started becoming a huge phenomenon.

First time I saw Madonna live was during her first ever show in Santiago, Chile in Dec 2008... There were over 32°C so I easily got a sunstroke. I remember crying because of this, when I saw her ENORMOUS stage I got so pale I had to leave my position near the tip of the catwalk. Very frustrating but it was my life what was put at risk :Madonna008: I soon recovered (a bit) just before the start of the show

The second time I saw her was in Dec 2012 in the same city, under HEAVY rain, very unusual for Santiago's weather conditions in Summer. My whole body was wet, my balls were almost frozen because of the wind :Madonna023:

So, in conclusion, I luckily have had the opportunity to mesmerize myself with her presence in two different but equally EXTREME occasions.

#revolutionoflove lmao

That's correct...I meant when you first saw her live....and then after everyone replied with videos, etc, that was a fun idea too.  

oh sorry  :done:

ok first time I saw her live was like from 2 blocks away in the Sticky & Sweet Tour. Her voice was destroyed by that time of the tour. She also looked too skinny.

Frankly I loved it and it made me a fan of hers again, but I didn't have a great impression of where she was in her life at that time. Shortly after she started looking happier and then on S&S Part II she was like a different person, but I didn't see that one! lol

How so? If anything, I think he tours only get better. Certainly, I have other tours that were my favorites, but there are parts of MDNA that were just absolutely greater than anything she's done before. The whole LIKE A VIRGIN/LOVE SPENT segment was just gorgeous. I also loved the whole front section especially Gang Bang. I was glad to see that she was able to put her idea for video on stage.

She is a much better live singer than she used to be. I think Who's That Girl Tour probably was one of her worst vocals, but who cared at the time. She had a lot of great music back then as well.

The first time I became aware of M was when I was a wee tot watching 'EVITA' with my mum. I was obsessed with 'Buenos Aires'. My first video that I remember watching was Ray of Light, which I was able to catch on MTV one day. My first concert was Sticky and Sweet, and I loved every minute of it. Then for MDNA I was able to sit even closer and it was one of the best experiences of my life so far.  

• 8 years later...

Who's that Girl Tour in Pontiac, MI (Detroit) and I was a scared little boy!  I was fifteen year old kid.  I left early, with my mom, as we did not understand encores or the fact that she had not sang Who's that Girl at the Who's that Girl Tour.  We waited for her to leave the arena and after awhile a security guard told us that we were standing at the wrong gate.  I was wearing a homemade tee-shirt, declaring my love for the Queen and I was deeply upset that we had left early.   HAHA  We moved reluctantly and waited at another gate as I did not want another disappointment .  She sang four more songs while we waited , including Can't Stop (I believe) before she emerged.  When I saw her, I charged down  an embankment and stopped 25 feet from her and remained perfectly still.   I was stunned.  She was wearing a long skirt, a ruffled top and had a wet head.  I stood, paralyzed, until she called out to me.  "  You don't think that it's me".  I approached after she signaled to me.  She said again, "You really don't think it's me"?  I replied.... "On TV, you are so big and sexy".  She said "thanks a lot" before preceding to to hug me.  Eventually, my mother and I were sitting in the backseat of a car with her for a few moments. She told me that Sean was in jail but I met a few siblings and her dad.   She then quizzed me to determine that I was a "legitimate fan" and I passed.  Toward the end, she kissed my cheek and told me  that I was a cutie.  I guess that I forgave my mom for making us leave early and changing tickets to not to sit next to two hairy men in wedding dresses.  HAHAHA      

My earliest memory is dancing along to the "Open Your Heart" video.

First music I ever bought on my own was "Bedtime Stories" on cassette.

First live experience was DWT at Madison Square Garden. She did "You'll See" instead of "Gone". Best live vocal I have ever heard from her. The pop from the crowd when she sang the first line felt like everyone in the room was a die hard stan.

First promo gig was the American Life performance at Tower Records NYC. Slept outside 2 nights. It was terribly organized. Long story short (too late!), if you were in front of the line to see her perform, you were then at the end of the line for the signing. Extra people were let in. Got almost to the entrance when it was announced she had left. People were in SHAMBLES. I was too for all of 2 seconds. BUT she touched my hand during "Hollywood". Looked right into my eyes several times. Absolutely beautiful. Tiny. And I will forever be greatful to have seen/heard "X-Static Process" live. So gorgeous. AND this was the first time she sang "Like A Virgin" in a decade. So I didn't get a sig but I probably just would have ugly cried and made her feel weird so 10/10.

My first concert with Madonna was Blond Ambition in Sweden.

It felt wierd to suddenly be where SHE was, to know that the dancing little person on the stage far away from me was MADONNA, to feel the same sun as her, and to breathe the same salty air...

Magical. Surreal. Fantastic.

Oh gosh, my first time seeing her in person was Madame X in Philly at the Met. It was genuine and warm (well it was hot temperature wise but she was kinda under the weather that night). The way she made the theatre swell with color and motion was breathtaking. My one complaint, and it’s more of an expected atmosphere with theatres, no one was standing or moving much. It felt like we were treating the thing like a play and being respectful instead pouring energy back into her. But peer pressure you know, I sat until Liek A Prayer before being active outside clapping and singing. I’d redo that night if I could. 

I don’t even remember what I first saw her on. I think maybe it could’ve been Frozen on MTV? I was born in 97 so I would’ve had to have seen it a couple years later for me to remember but if not that, then 4 Minutes on YouTube. Everything before then had to just been hearing the songs and knowing I loved the Immaculate Collection as a kid in my moms car.