4. I'm Breathless

5. True Blue, Madonna, Like a Virgin

6. Music

7. Rebel Heart

8. Erotica

9. American Life

10. MDNA

11. Bedtime Stories

#5 for me is different. I first listened to Madonna when I was 3 and my parents used to play all 3 cassettes until Like A Prayer came out. So I have equal love for them :)

1. American Life

2. Music

3. Confessions On A Dancefloor

4. MDNA

5. Ray Of Light

6. Erotica

7. Like A Prayer

8. True Blue

9. Like A Virgin

10. Madonna

11. Rebel Heart

12. Hard Candy

12. Bedtime Stories

Your 12 it taking over, soon the population.  :Madonna001:

01 Erotica

02 Music

03 Ray of Light

04 Madonna

05 Rebel Heart

06 American Life

07 Confessions on a Dancefloor

08 True Blue

09 MDNA

10 Hard Candy

11 Like a Virgin

12 Like a Prayer

13 Bedtime Stories

• 11 months later...

14: Hard candy. Just dreadful. Mainly because it is less a Madonna album and more Madonna and Friends. Very few tracks where someone else doesn’t pop up to sing or do an annoying crap rap. I could happily never listen to this one again.
Best Track: The Devil Wouldn’t Recognise You.

13: MDNA. While a vast improvement on Hard Candy it all sounds a bit samey and there is little new on offer. It’s like a load of left over tracks that weren’t good enough to be on Confessions or Hard Candy. While Gimmie All Your Lovin’ is infectious and catchy, the lyrics could have come from a 5 year old.
Best Track: Masterpiece

12: American Life. Possibly the beginning of the end. As with rebel Heart the best tracks are the ballads where effects are minimal. Nobody Knows Me has some good lyrics but ruined by the production and effects. I’m So Stupid may be her worst track ever. But Nothing Fails, Easy Ride and X-Static Process are lovely.
Best Track: Nothing Fails

11: Music. I remember loving this at the time but I guess on release it was more unique than it now feels. Because the sound has been replicated on every subsequent album. So now tracks like Nobody’s Perfect and Impressive Instant have lost their edge somewhat. Also I think the 3 singles are the worst 3 tracks on the album. Don’t Tell Me has since grown on me while the Dance remix of What It Feels Like For A Girl is better than the album version.
Best Track: Impressive Instant

10: Erotica. What is good about this album is that every track has something different about it. We also have the last remains of that 80s feel with Deeper and Deeper and Bad Girl. Rain is absolutely gorgeous too. However there are an awful lot of filler tracks like Waiting and Words that drag it down a little.
Best Track: Bad Girl

9:Madonna. AKA the First Album. While a good first album 50% of it is repetitive filler. It’s a little short compared to later albums with only 8 tracks. But ignoring the dull Everybody and Physical Attraction, we have the fabulous Burning Up, Borderline, I Know it and Holiday.
Best Track: I Know It

8: Bedtime Stories. RnB was getting a lot of attention in the mid-90s so this felt like Madonna jumping on that bandwagon, however it’s actually one of her better collections of songs. While there are obvious attempts to reach this RnB audience with I’d Rather Be Your Lover and Survival, there are some beautiful ballads like Take a Bow and Love Tried to Welcome Me. Bedtime Story and Human Nature are about as dance as the album gets, which is not very much and remain the stand out tracks.
Best Track: Human Nature

7: Rebel Heart. While a lot better than other recent efforts it is still hampered by outside interference by other artists. Sadly as the demos have revealed the album sounded a lot better before the famous names got involved. Therefore the best tracks are ballads like Joan of Arc, Messiah, Rebel Heart, Ghost Town and Devil Prey. Living for Love is her best single since Get Together. While crap like Illuminati, Body Shop and Bitch I’m Madonna ensure this manages to have unsatisfying moments. Though I can forgive Holy Water for the lyric “Bitch get off my poleâ€, which I try to use in everyday conversation as much as possible.
Best Track: Ghosttown

6: Like a Virgin. One of the ultimate examples of a fun pop album. Sadly it trails off at the end with three underwhelming tracks the rest are all good numbers. Material Girl is great fun as is Dress You Up. The title track might seem overrated now but thanks to lots of different interpretations still manages to feel fresh.
Best Track: Material Girl

5: I’m Breathless. Probably the most fun album. I wish she’d do another one like this but it’s all about the money. The closest we’ve come since is B-day song on MDNA. However that pales into significance with the likes of Hanky Panky and Back in Business. Plus the delightfully bonkers I’m Going Bananas- what’s not to love. Plus it finishes with possibly the greatest pop song of all time.
Best Track: Vogue

4: Confessions on a Dancefloor. A momentary light at the end of the tunnel as Madonna started to disappear down a tunnel of electronic effects. This harkened back to her roots with dance pop. The first three tracks alone are an absolute joy, though Future Lovers and I love New York stand up to the most re-listening. After this it all gets a bit samey with the exception of Isaac which is unlike anything else on the album.
Best Track: Sorry

3: True Blue. Pop maturity for Madonna with tracks about pregnancy and um… tropical islands. Of course it’s full of fun joyous pop with tracks like Open Your Heart and Where’s the party. Live to tell was her first good ballad. I always feel like the 4 tracks on the Who’s That Girl soundtrack belong on this album. They feel like an extension of everything here and Causing a Commotion is superb.
Best Track: Open Your Heart.

2: Ray of Light. This was my favourite for a long time but I may have listened to it too much. Each track has strengths and there isn’t a bad one among them. There are upbeat dance tracks like Skyfits heaven, Ray of Light and Skin, while it offers some beautiful ballads like The Power of Goodbye, Frozen and Drowned World. There are even brushes with an indy vibe with Swim and Candy Perfume Girl.
Best Track: The Power of Goodbye.

1: Like a Prayer: As Mary Poppins would say practically perfect in every way. While the pop vibe remains throughout each track offers something different. Only one I’m not keen on is the duet with prince, but as she recycled the lyrics for Hung Up I have come to appreciate it more. Promise to Try is an emotional tear jerker while the title track and Express yourself will go down in history as two of the best singles of all time.
Best Track: Oh Father