Discuss-New Contract News vs. New Album News

LUKESAVANT

Hello All!

As technically the Rebel Hear era is still in effect until the Blu-Ray/DVD of the tour is released/expected late this year, and conventional knowledge that Madonna has satisfied all 3 Interscope Records per that contract, and new outlets detailing Madonna is now a free agent....

One thought is:

Shouldn't we get more news in the next 12 months that detail a new recording deal whether with Live Nation or with a major label before we start to hear of Madonna back in the studio for the follow up to Rebel Heart?

Another thought is:

Depending on Madonna's new music, she could use it to shop for a new deal with unheard new Material to get a new deal/label behind the new project.

What are your thoughts?

-Lukesavant

Both sexism and ageism

At its finest. I agree on the promotion for the record she made a much better effort which was good. She will need to continue it in order to have further album success as singles are not going anywhere due to the radio programmers being sexist and ageist. She will need to really promote the tour too as the Tour sales were down hugely from MDNA. I think she needs to approach the next album like she did with the MDNA Tour and Album Bundle as that gave her a huger sales reach in the US plus its a great way of getting the consumers buying the tickets integrated with the newer music.

Since she signed that contract she released MDNA and Rebel Heart. There is another album, i think.

Yeah her last album for Warner's contract was Celebration. She sign her 360 deal with live nation in 2007 for a ten year contract that includes 3 new album (so far we had MDNA 2012 and Rebel Heart 2015) so she has to release another album till the end of her contract

Both sexism and ageism

Incorrect. Paul McCartney had a new album out, it was ignored by radio and commercially. 

It's neither - the music buying public are young, they relate to people their own age, radio is going to play music for their demographic to which Madonna and other artists in that age bracket are not.

Incorrect. Paul McCartney had a new album out, it was ignored by radio and commercially. 

It's neither - the music buying public are young, they relate to people their own age, radio is going to play music for their demographic to which Madonna and other artists in that age bracket are not.

There's a few exception. J.Lo is 46 and her music is still on radio

There's a few exception. J.Lo is 46 and her music is still on radio

With her single in July peaking at No. 72 on the billboard charts. She also has a MASSIVE hispanic/latino following.

My point is, we all including Madonna need to accept that this is the way of the world, by protesting agism and sexism isn't going to change the minds of the current music buying public.

Madonna is still highly successful and highly relevant and will always be. 

Yeah her last album for Warner's contract was Celebration. She sign her 360 deal with live nation in 2007 for a ten year contract that includes 3 new album (so far we had MDNA 2012 and Rebel Heart 2015) so she has to release another album till the end of her contract

Does MDNA World Tour count as one of the three albums? If it does, she's had her 3 albums with LN.LN will either extend her contract or drop her.

don't believe the live albums/compilations count, for LN albums are an excuse to tour, so every studio album has a tour attached to it.

The full details we'll never know but as far as I know there's still one album and one tour to come, and according to the contract it should be within two years. don't really think that will happen though

I thought Rebel Heart Tour was the last tour she had on her touring contract, but Rebel Heart is not the last album she has on her albums contract. I think that's the reason why Interscope didn't let her release it as a double album. Why else would they not let her?

At this point I'm hoping for some professionalism. I can't blame sexism, ageism or anything like that for how poorly she is presented to the world and subsequently recieved. The releases are unprofessional, her site is poor af, her social media non existent (other than her lovely instagrams which I have warmed up to), and the release schedules are a mess and affect her commercial performance very negatively. I'm not sure if it's Interscope's fault, but I would like her to be on a different record label, so I can then confirm whose fault it is.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-signs-three-album-deal-with-interscope-20111214

It seems as though there's one more record for Interscope. MDNA was the first. 

As far as promotion goes, forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think Live Nation does record promotion, right? They do concert promotion and merchandise and stuff. So i feel like Interscope pays for record promotion. But since theres not really money coming in from records anymore it comes out of her set 1 Million per record from Interscope. Which would explain the sub par videos/promotion. Which would also explain why an artist would want to do the Super Bowl. One big album promotion and call it a day. I don't see this model changing anytime soon. Unless she partners with Apple and they pick up the tab for making videos which would bring in Apple Music subscribers as an exclusive. Im not sure, but I think thats how Drake and Frank Ocean did their new video/movies. Personally, I think this would make the most sense and she could do video albums like iamamiwhoami and Bey through Apple Music. They pay for her videos/video album in exchange for a 2 week exclusive of the album and the sole keepers of the videos/video album. Does she even need physical copies ?

Hello All!

As technically the Rebel Hear era is still in effect until the Blu-Ray/DVD of the tour is released/expected late this year, and conventional knowledge that Madonna has satisfied all 3 Interscope Records per that contract, and new outlets detailing Madonna is now a free agent....

One thought is:

Shouldn't we get more news in the next 12 months that detail a new recording deal whether with Live Nation or with a major label before we start to hear of Madonna back in the studio for the follow up to Rebel Heart?

Another thought is:

Depending on Madonna's new music, she could use it to shop for a new deal with unheard new Material to get a new deal/label behind the new project.

What are your thoughts?

-Lukesavant

Did I miss count while starting this post?!?!?    :smile:  :thinker:  :angel:

I stand corrected (and I should have known.... :confused: )

But yes, one more album is still to be delivered.  I think the RH era was a breathe of fresh air from the dark MDNA period. I also hope this same upbeat energy continues on the next album.  

What I am preparing myself for and I hope I don't get skewered for this comment, but I am curious what we will get from Madonna in her 60s.  This is literally around the corner... I know even in her 60s Madonna could dance circles around other pop contemporaries and princesses. I really hope the world and media will stop attempting to retire her.