Discuss-New Contract News vs. New Album News

LUKESAVANT

Obviously I don't know you as a person but your statements are so hysterically ignorant. Your questions were all discussed to death 10 years ago in multiple forums and media.

Yeah they were and I just believed it all as everyone else did and didn't look into it. I decided to do my own research and as I stated there was a confidentiality clause. Arthur Fogel, Michael Rapino and Madonna and her team have never said one word about the terms of the contract. Not one word, and Arthur and Michael were interviewed by Billboard several times and never gave any details at all, not one iota.

The only info that was leaked and never denied was the three album deal and the fact it was a 10yr 360 deal and Michael Rapino said this year that Madonna's album portion of her contract was sold back to Interscope. So it may have been discussed 10 years ago, but it was all speculation. So the ignorant comments are those that assume they know anything about what was in the contract.

If Billboard, WSJ, Fortune and Forbes aren't telling you anything and the players involved are not either and there is a confidentiality clause, then why do we assume we know the terms? NYP said three tours, ticketnews said four, some say S&S was two tours other say it was one. We know nothing. Plus there are plenty on this forum that probably never knew anything about the deal, since we were discussing the deal (That's what the thread is about) I put what I found here.

I am not sure what you think is ignorant exactly. 

I really don't believe that certain boxes and rules and regulations apply to our Queen.  Regardless of whether she is with Live Nation, Warner, or some unknown label that was just developed yesterday, she will continue making music.  We ALL know this.  As long as she keeps going, which is the obvious thing that we all want her to do, who truly cares who she's with or what terms she came to with some company that, truly, we don't give two shits about?

Now, as far as news coming out in regards to a new album, I wait patiently.  (But not too patiently, like the rest of you I'm ready for new material already!)

Yeah they were and I just believed it all as everyone else did and didn't look into it. I decided to do my own research and as I stated there was a confidentiality clause. Arthur Fogel, Michael Rapino and Madonna and her team have never said one word about the terms of the contract. Not one word, and Arthur and Michael were interviewed by Billboard several times and never gave any details at all, not one iota.

The only info that was leaked and never denied was the three album deal and the fact it was a 10yr 360 deal and Michael Rapino said this year that Madonna's album portion of her contract was sold back to Interscope. So it may have been discussed 10 years ago, but it was all speculation. So the ignorant comments are those that assume they know anything about what was in the contract.

If Billboard, WSJ, Fortune and Forbes aren't telling you anything and the players involved are not either and there is a confidentiality clause, then why do we assume we know the terms? NYP said three tours, ticketnews said four, some say S&S was two tours other say it was one. We know nothing. Plus there are plenty on this forum that probably never knew anything about the deal, since we were discussing the deal (That's what the thread is about) I put what I found here.

I am not sure what you think is ignorant exactly.

It was your earlier post about you not being able to find any evidence that she was signed to a touring deal. It was announced that she had signed a 360 deal with Live Nation so it's kind of obvious it was a touring deal as Live Nation is a company that handles touring. For example if you sign to Sire, it's obvious that it's a recording deal.

Make sense?

I really don't believe that certain boxes and rules and regulations apply to our Queen.  Regardless of whether she is with Live Nation, Warner, or some unknown label that was just developed yesterday, she will continue making music.  We ALL know this.  As long as she keeps going, which is the obvious thing that we all want her to do, who truly cares who she's with or what terms she came to with some company that, truly, we don't give two shits about?

Now, as far as news coming out in regards to a new album, I wait patiently.  (But not too patiently, like the rest of you I'm ready for new material already!)

I personally like the business side to be honest. It is interesting to me. My focus has always been more about the music, but I can't deny a curiosity about the other aspects of her career.

It was your earlier post about you not being able to find any evidence that she was signed to a touring deal. It was announced that she had signed a 360 deal with Live Nation so it's kind of obvious it was a touring deal as Live Nation is a company that handles touring. For example if you sign to Sire, it's obvious that it's a recording deal.

Make sense?

Yeah I get what you are saying, I actually was stating that we don't know the terms of the touring contract not that she didn't have one. Which is why there has been so much conflicting info and speculation.

I get 360 encompasses everything and wasn't saying she didn't have a touring deal as part of that, but there has been no legitimate nor specific info about what the terms are. Which is what I was referring to. 

Again I assumed like everyone because so many people were stating with authority that she had to do four tours for LN, that this was stated somewhere legitimate and it is not.

It was widely reported in the media in 2007. Not that the media is always right but it was coming from respected outlets, not tabloids. There was also a press release.

I can't find anything about her terms for touring from any legitimate source, but if you happen to come across anything I would be happy to see it as I am curious. I realise you probably have no interest in hunting around though, so no worries if you don't.

Arthur Fogel and Michael Rapino were interviewed extensively at the time, as the 360 deal was big news and many artists ended up signing 360 deals after Madonna. However Arthur Fogel called the press release a leak, and only a confirmation that Madonna signed was supposed to be released, not the terms of any part of her deal, the confidentiality clause was stated to mean no one could disclose the terms of the deal.

Maybe some press got their hands on details and the four tours part is right, but no one in LN or Madonna's camp ever confirmed that, otherwise they would have been violating the terms of the contract. The only legit info to come out was the WSJ stuff I posted at the very beginning. Not to say that details you read are not true. 

I think I get what me1981 is saying. Yes we have the 360 10 year deal and we know about the advancements Madonna gets right away but I have even asked that we never knew the fine print about her touring part. We only assume that three albums would reasonably mean 3 tours but it's never really stated only assumed. Just like how fans go with the theory that the 2009 leg of the Sticky & Sweet Tour was part of what she owed to Live Nation when Billboard interviews and articles and reports state that MDNA Tour was the second tour in the deal but the album itself was her first.

I think I get what me1981 is saying. Yes we have the 360 10 year deal and we know about the advancements Madonna gets right away but I have even asked that we never knew the fine print about her touring part. We only assume that three albums would reasonably mean 3 tours but it's never really stated only assumed. Just like how fans go with the theory that the 2009 leg of the Sticky & Sweet Tour was part of what she owed to Live Nation when Billboard interviews and articles and reports state that MDNA Tour was the second tour in the deal but the album itself was her first.

Yeah exactly. I guess I didn't explain myself too well. I also heard after S&S Leg II Live Nation renegotiated the terms of her contract and that is where the four tours came up. Which may explain (though not confirm) the discrepancy of some saying three and others saying four.

Well I guess I have just about exhausted the subject, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

alright ! If wikipedias right all of the show from RHT were sold out, she did more shows than the Confessions Tour but still made less money. I don't understand

Because the economy changes.

Im hoping she goes with a better label that pushes her songs like they should of been to radio. The problem is the ageism though plus the younger generation that consumes music don't get her which irks me as they all lick up Michael Jacksons ass.

They listen and watch M Jackson hits from 80s and 90s when he was in his 30s...

Nothing else relevant exsist...with Madonna there is a huge catalog and she is stil making records. But she is now older, and

MJ is "frozen in time".  If he was alive today nobody would listen to his music, and would be described as a freak and child molestor as he was labeled in 2000's til his passing.

Nobody cared about Prince's post-1994 except for a moment in 2004 and yet his 1980s singles and albums have been constantly revered and Madonna never had that amount of acclaim due to the nature of pop music.

MJ's Off The Wall was always celebrated as one of the best albums of the 1970s long before he passed away.

Its just my guess.... 

but due to these election results here in America I get the feeling once the music comes back into focus for her whether a directing gig occurs or not... We may get a full on Revolution of Love/American Life-ish type album.  And it may potentially be universally better received. People are not nearly as patriotic right now with our new president.  Madonna is fucking pissed.  It will probably come through in the music.

Its also my guess....especially if France also has its own "Brexit referendum" 

That all artists touring sales will be down a while... just my guess, I could be wrong on this.  But the world is becoming darker and more skeptical.  We shall see, the population may actually surge for more artistic expression...  Only time will tell.

Its just my guess.... 

but due to these election results here in America I get the feeling once the music comes back into focus for her whether a directing gig occurs or not... We may get a full on Revolution of Love/American Life-ish type album.  And it may potentially be universally better received. People are not nearly as patriotic right now with our new president.  Madonna is fucking pissed.  It will probably come through in the music.

Wouldnt be surprised if she changes her plans.  :thinker: but the future is a big question mark for the world as a whole atm.

I would like to see her work with one producer for the next album ? RH was spoilt by too many people and to me wasnt a cohesive album ? Reminded me of Bedtime Stories - I miss the days when she worked with producers who were unknown ? Since HC she has worked with people we know and used a tired sound Timbaland, Pharrel, Diplo, Avicci, Kanye West etc

i dont see a retrospective on the cards(Although i would love one - she has so much back catalogue that needs releasing and remastered - tours on bluray, a proper hd mastered greatest hits videography, unreleased songs etc)