Madonna Carpool Karaoke

Future Lover

It's interesting because my hubby said she seemed quite tense, that she always seems tense and then he said he couldn't hear her sing, that she actually didn't seem to sing. But she did, maybe some parts she didn't, but most of the time she did. I thought it was great. And wow she can really move, even in a small space in a car loool - those leg movements (!!) and I loved it when Corden tried to do the same thing - he's really funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was what it was intended to be, silly and fun. I really don't get why some people was expecting a high level performance inside a car. She did some funny moves in that limited space, lol. And come on, she don't have Adele's vocal abilities, they're two different types of artist, I don't see the point in comparing them.

yeah I dont get the expectations for this segment either  :confused:

I thought it rocked!

I didn't see nervous or on edge or anything like that at all. I think that's how she is and that's her sense of humour/humor which is witty and a bit sarcastic. I thought she was true to herself personally. She's said before about people not getting her sense of humour, but I have the same type of humour as her so I get it.

I could hear her too. OK it wasn't very loud, but she's singing with James Corden who, to be fair to him, really goes for it when he sings. And he's done stage shows (I think) so he's got that kinda natural show-offy, belting it out sort of performer voice.

The DCFMA bit was great. I think she did it in a kind of parody of herself, but I saw flashes of the training she undertook for Evita still being there. If she chose to sing it in a more serious way (not on Carpool Karaoke, but maybe at a show like TOAC), it would have been quite stellar I think.

Anyway, like others have said, she was on there for a bit of a laugh, to sing along a bit to her old, most well known hits, and not to give a tour worthy show in the car.

i was really looking forward to this and i love her but...no. this was not enjoyable to me. it makes me angry that i have to admit that i also think she didn't look like she enjoyed herself. something was up...and she wasn't bitchy in the sense of "funny", more like just...bitchy obnoxious. something's up with her (rocco?)...

and, for sure, i did not expect her to come up with a lavish "performance". it didn't look like she enjoys doing the sing-along thing.

He sang over her. It was sort of stupid. And frankly he sounded awful. Very Lady Gaga. Loud is not always good. I wish we could filter her voice out of his awful falsetto.

And yes...She is a total cunt. All the time. Has been since the beginning. That's why we loved her. I guess it's hard for people to see that in an older woman because we expect people to soften as they mature. But that's Madonna. A paradox, and totally oblivious to expectations of her. She is sort of ridiculous, but isn't that what's fabulous about her still being so contemporary? 

I must have watched a different show. Cos I don't see her pretending to be having fun. Nor does she seem uptight. I do see her being playful though & pretending to be bitchy but all in good fun. And the Madonna I know & luv has always been good @ turning things & question on the host. Guess I have a different sense of humor but since I get her humor, it's a good thing 4 me.

Same here groovyguy, I loved it and found her to be quite relaxed and a lot of fun.

It's just the usual bunch of pressed gays on here who complain about the editing of a two minute promo, that think M should stop making records and complain about carpool karaoke which was nothing more than a bit of light hearted fun. We should be greatful that she even did it considering we are in between eras right now.

He sang over her. It was sort of stupid. And frankly he sounded awful. Very Lady Gaga. Loud is not always good. I wish we could filter her voice out of his awful falsetto.

And yes...She is a total cunt. All the time. Has been since the beginning. That's why we loved her. I guess it's hard for people to see that in an older woman because we expect people to soften as they mature. But that's Madonna. A paradox, and totally oblivious to expectations of her. She is sort of ridiculous, but isn't that what's fabulous about her still being so contemporary?

Your spot on Alibaba ðŸ‘

Oh, yes, yes!! there was a moment when I was waiting unconsciously for the trumpets to sound, lol. So someone else noticed :D

I forgot that! I thought she was gonna sing over the album version too. If she sings EY on tour or in a show again she deffo should base it on the album version. Those horns need to be heard.