You'll See Vs. Ghosttown

Headless.Headphones

44 members voted

1. 1. Fav?

• You'll See
    • Ghosttown

To me these two songs are the pinnacle of generic Madonna, two ballads that could have been done by any other act. While You'll See sounded very "current" due to David Foster's omnipresence in the mid-90s, Ghosttown always felt "late" since it imitates the Ryan Tedder sound popular in the late 2000s. It should have been a bonus track on Celebration or something, same time when Leona Lewis' Happy was released.

I'll go with You'll See because of her gorgeous vocals on it.

• 5 months later...

So hard to pick. I mean, both are great tunes and each one gives me different emotions. Both represent strength with one letting go and the other clinging to the significant other.

I'll go with 'You'll See' because its message suits my mood more nowadays, and it has a more complex structure.

I like both songs but I voted for You´ll see cause it helped me through a difficult time in my life. My parents separated that year and we moved to another town where I was very lonely in the beginning. Listening to that song always gave me strength.

• 3 weeks later...