Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Sorry people, I go off topic just for a moment because I don't mean to open a new thread just about this shit, but I'm really hateing it (and at the same time afraid of the bad publicity wich could come over)

http://m.nydailynews.com/madonna-feuds-guy-ritchie-custody-son-article-1.2474807?utm_content=bufferde5f6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

she's gorgeous in the photo by the way, kinda Ray of Light era with some botox around

i have started to wonder whether any of this is actually real...

but there's a topic on this already:

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/5591-rocco-ritchie-custody-battle/

Madonna's "Rebel Heart" was named by PopCrush as one of the best 12 albums of 2015!

http://popcrush.com/12-best-albums-of-2015/#photogallery-1=13

'Rebel Heart', Madonna

Didn't she warn you? Don't ever tell Madonna to stop. Superstition ain't for everyone, but even non-believers will likely admit that it is undeniably eerie how Madge's Rebel Heart, her 13th (gasp!) studio album, was so endlessly plagued with bad luck: From the entire album leaking in demo form to the backwards fall down a set of stairs heard 'round the world at the 2015 BRIT Awards, Madonna seriously took a few heavy hits. And yet, she kept her word: "I'm gonna carry on."

The Queen of Pop spent years reinventing herself, so she owed it to herself to finally take a step back and pay homage to her genuinely #iconic legacy: From the early '90s throbbing House of "Living For Love" to her self-referencing "Bitch I'm Madonna" and "Veni Vidi Vici," this is a joyous record that pays tribute to the recurring themes of her sizable body of work — namely self-empowerment, endurance and, of course, sex — while still looking toward the future with all of its on-trend production from the likes of Diplo, MNEK and Blood Diamonds.  It's sonically diverse, irreverent, #unapologetic, occasionally embarrassing and frequently triumphant, making Rebel Heart one of the most authentically "Madonna" records that Madonna's recorded in years. â€” Bradley Stern

All things considered, the Rebel Heart era has been pretty great! :)

2015 Year End Mentions

Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour received the Music Nation Award as the best concert of the 2015!

Rebel Heart was the #11 best selling US album for 2015
Grammy performance was most watched moment of the show. 
Living for Love won as best dance song, best pop performance song & song of the year at The Music Nation Awards 2015!

Madonna extended her record for the most #1's on Dance Club Songs (46), with B**** I'm Madonna (Feat. @NICKIMINAJ). With her 46 leaders on Dance Club Songs, @Madonna has the most #1's ever by an artist on a singular Billboard chart.
French website mcm.fr named Madonna's "Rebel Heart" as the 7th best album of 2015. #RebelHeart
Rebel Heart managed to be the #4 best-selling international female album of 2015 in Brazil.
36 Best Selling Album WW 

Attitude's top 2015 albums - #6

Rolling Stone @ # 45 on Top 50 albums & #6 on Top 20 Pop albums, 

Spin's Pop Albums @ #21

Digital Spy's best albums of the year @ #10

AP's top albums of 2015 @ #5

One of PopCrush's best albums of 201512 

LFL was on Slant's 25 best singles. 

LFL was #11 on Billboard Japan Radio Songs of the Year 2015

Posted Image

Posted Image

RollingStone Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Albums of 2015:

#2 @Madonna's #RebelHeart Congratulations!!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/readers-poll-the-10-best-albums-of-2015-20151230/madonna-rebel-heart-20151230

Posted Image

The Queen of Pop went trap and EDM for her latest, which had a rough launch due to an early leak of several tracks. Despite the setback, Rebel Heart was a strong turn for Madonna and had her teaming up with Diplo, Avicii, Kanye West, Travi$ Scott and Ariel Rechtshaid, to name a few, and getting guest features from the likes of Chance the Rapper, Mike Tyson and Nicki Minaj. The album not only gave Madonna a space to experiment with multiple genres at once, but she also assessed her own identity and iconography, as best showcased on playful single "Bitch I'm Madonna."

The Best Songs of 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/arts/music/the-best-songs-of-2015.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=2

The music critics of The New York Times share their picks for the best songs of the year.

Music Critic Jon Pareles

7. Madonna "Unapologetic Bitch"

Another of Madonna's precise self-branding phrasing almost seems to sing itself over a reggae track, while she gives herself the last sneering last word on a breakup.

• 2 weeks later...

Rebel Heart (Japan Tour Edition) [CD+DVD] [Limited Release] [Japan Bonus Track]

Japan tour edition of "Rebel Heart" release from Madonna additionally includes a Japan only bonus track and a bonus DVD with four music videos, including one for "Bitch I'm Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj." Japanese original release (subject to change). Features cover artwork different from ones of "Rebel Heart (Japanese edition)" and "Rebel Heart (super deluxe edition)." *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle E

---> http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICS-9152

Posted ImagePosted Image

Japanese Edition

CD
1. Living For Love
2. Devil Pray
3. Ghosttown
4. Unapologetic Bitch
5. Illuminati
6. Bitch I’m Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj
7. Hold Tight
8. Joan of Arc
9. Iconic feat. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson
10. HeartBreakCity
11. Body Shop
12. Holy Water
13. Inside Out
14. Wash All Over Me
15. Best Night
16. Veni Vedi Vici feat. Nas
17. S.E.X.
18. Messiah
19. Rebel Heart
20. Living For Love (Dirty Pop Remix)

DVD
・Living For Love
・Ghosttown
・Bitch I’m Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj
・Bitch I’m Madonna (Sander Kleinenberg Remix) feat. Nicki Minaj

Totally did not expect Kanye to have produced "autotune baby".. :lol:  still doesn't change how much i love it though.. meanwhile, i'm struggling with whether or not Rebel Heart is my fav album by M. (now that i've had a few months to really soak it in)

I am not surprised considering the baby crying North West...

where did this info come from?

I was merely sharing what was discussed on social media & other fan sites in early January.

At the time, some Twitter accounts were saying that Rebel Heart, 25, Purpose were the albums most leaked with 20 millions in free download each. For me 20 millions sounds toó over-estimated.

This was also discussed on UKMix chart forum where some say it's all BS estimations while others say that by using specific codes within a web page, Google provides a service that can track clicks, web traffic, etc. & that while it´s not totally accurate, some torrent sites publish their data, and on freaktorrent you can get an idea of what the movies, tv shows or music that is being downloaded the most for the week!

Madonna: 6 Mini LP Reissues & "Rebel Heart" Japan Edition

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/madonna_japanminilp_160105

Six masterpieces of Madonna will be out as Japanese original cardboard sleeve reissues on February 3, 2016. Each mini LP artwork faithfully replicates its original US LP design, including original label and originally included items (subject to change). Each obi replicates the one included its Japanese edition.

This Madonna mini LP reissue series features the following albums "Madonna," "Like A Virgin," "True Blue," "Like A Prayer," "You Can Dance," and "The Immaculate Collection."

Probably a live video recording of the RHT with an extra documentary as bonus (I'm sure she's preparing something special this time: they're filming a lot backstage). Who knows, maybe next autumn and then... then we'll have to wait until the next music project, about two years I'm afraid.

I hope this time she's going to make some featuring or special soundtrack track in the meanwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

MADONNA INTERVIEW : GALA (FEBRUARY 19 2015)

View Here: http://madonnaextreme.blogspot.co.uk/…/madonna-interview-ga…

Your children are quite grown up by now. Did they help you choose the songs for “Rebel Heart�
Yes, for many years now we do that together. I played them every song and asked them for their opinion on the sound and the lyrics.
How was their feedback?
They liked many songs right from the beginning. Sometimes though they opposed to my decisions – which always lead to discussions. I had to watch out for them not to undermine me. My kids know exactly how to influence me.
Who’s your biggest fan in the family?
David loves my music. He is really into the faster tracks and dances around in the room.
And who is your biggest critic?
Lola, definetly. Of all my kids, she is the one closest to me. She knows exactly what she wants. Just like me (laughs).
Lola turned 18 in October and now studies dance, music and theatre in Detroit. How hard was it for you to let go of your first child?
When she moved out of my house, in autumn, it was the hardest day of my life. I was destroyed. Even when my long-term relationships ended I did’t feel the pain I felt in that moment. It almost tore the heart out of my chest.
How long did it take for you to get used to this new situation?
I didn´t get used to it just yet. I miss my daughter every day. Lola is like my soulmate. She is a part of me and so it feels like losing an arm.
Posted Image
As a mother, are you scared of many things?
Yes. I really annoy my children with that. I am very caring and overly protective. I can be a real mother-hen and I don´t like the thought of Lola dancing the night away in clubs without me having the possibility to control at what hour she returns to home.
But isn’t it normal for a young woman to test herself?
Yes, of course. I was even worse at that age (laughs). But it is a sad fact, that we live in a crazy and scary world. Every year it seems to get worse. There are so many freaked out people out there. That is why I am often very scared for my kids.
Is your family complete now or could you imagine adopting another child?
No, I have my hands full raising four children. But I still take financial care of the orphans in Malawi, trying to provide them with education. The children in Malawi in some ways feel like mine anyways.
What is the greatest misconception people have about Madonna?
Oh well, there are plenty. One, for sure is that I am not vulnerable. Some people honestly think that I am never neither sad nor depressed, exhausted and that I never suffer from a broken heart. They think of me as bigger than life. Or they believe that I am cold-hearted and calculating. But you know what? I hate this question (pours tequila and hands it over).
Hold on for a second: you said I had to drink for every stupid question.
Well, I extend it with another category: annoying. Cheers. Drink it up!
And where is the salt and the lemon?
We didn´t have enough money for that (laughs)

Posted ImageYour answer to the question about misconception shows that you are also a vulnerable person. “Rebel Heart†shows this part of your personality. Have you grown softer in the last years?
In some ways, yes. But even 25 years ago I already was romantic and sensitive. The other part of me will always be a rebel.
​How do you handle the hostility directed at you?
Sometimes I am very hurt, when I read the hateful and nasty comments people make about me on the Internet. I think it’s shocking how mean and vicious some people could be. Even more, since it’s a very cowardly behavior. Those people would never say the mean things to my face, if they met me in the streets.
You really read the nasty comments about you?
Every now and then, yes I do.
Why do you hurt yourself this way?
Because, I am a very curious person. And luckily, there are not mainly nasty comments, but a lot of positive things. For me it’s exiting to see what my fans are thinking. And, concerning the haters: I should have grown a very thick skin by now, since I have always been critisized. Some people think I am an invulnerable superwoman. But I am not. Some offense directed at me really go under my skin and hurt me. After all, I am just a normal woman.
Why do you think you polarize as much as you do?
In many cases it’s enviousness. Many people just can´t bear the fact that I am still there. And I am a woman who pushes peoples buttons, who scandalizes and polarizes. Many people are put off by that. That´s what I don´t understand: Why do people put so much energy in dealing with someone who they think is terrible.
Since 31 years you are a part of the “pop-circusâ€. Are there moments in which you feel exhausted and wonder if you should carry on?
No, I love my work. I have too many ideals, plans and creativity to stop now.
Are you sometimes sad by seeing how time flies?
Yes, sometimes I really feel sad, but foremost nostalgic. I miss the good old days, in the beginning of my career. I was friends with so many great artists – Warhol, Haring, Basquiat. I experienced the upcoming of the Rock Steady Crew and the Graffity-Scene. New York was so full of life, we all pushed each other. Nothing was censored, everything was new, unique and exsessive. It was a wonderful time. Nowadays many things have become very nice and boring.
But your life remains exiting: In November you will start a new world tour.
To perform live in front of my fans is the greatest thing for me. But on the other hand it is also a huge effort. That´s why I train so much. I need to be super fit to be able to give my best every evening for months.
What do you say to people who think you are too old to participate in the Pop-Business and who think that you generally don´t behave age-appropriate?
I only have one answer to that… (pushes the button which is standing on the table next to her. A squawking voice exclaims: “Two words – one fingerâ€)
“F*ck you†and the middle finger? There it is, Madonna`s rebellious side!
Yes! I am sick of this age-racisms in our society. Should women over 50 just vanish from the public? Is there a law saying that we can’t be adventurous and experimental after that? That we are not allowed to feel sexy and celebrate sexuality after we have turned a certain age?
No, but many people think it is embarrassing to be sexy in a offensive way after a certain age.
That is not my problem. I never followed rules and I love pushing people´s buttons. If you don´t like it; don’t watch, don´t listen.