Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Sam is the male Adele right now! He has a lot of radio support and a recent big winner of Grammys and Brits awards.

A #2 behind the current it thing is nothing to sneer at. After more than 30 years in the game she can still debut in the top 2. And seriously for an album that's been out since December in various forms and states, it's really not bad. Ultimately what matters is that she has given us an amazing album in Rebel Heart. Let's just celebrate, enjoy the album and look forward to the RH tour!

AMEN.

Very probably yes. :lol:but MDNA wasn't bad, Rebel heart just has more ballads and more songs :tongue:

To me, MDNA felt more like an album than Rebel Heart does. Rebel Heart feels very thrown together and I feel like if she just released it later like she was planning to, it would have been better. Also, I feel that the production on Rebel Heart is awful. A lot of the songs sound like demos. And why is the song Rebel Heart so distorted and weird sounding?

To me, MDNA felt more like an album than Rebel Heart does. Rebel Heart feels very thrown together and I feel like if she just released it later like she was planning to, it would have been better. Also, I feel that the production on Rebel Heart is awful. A lot of the songs sound like demos. And why is the song Rebel Heart so distorted and weird sounding?

:Madonna021:

Am I the only one who like MDNA more than Rebel Heart?

No. I love MDNA. I haven't played Rebel Heart for two days. Yet yesterday I listened to MDNA and American Life. MDNA has a terrific vibe, it flows really well and is actually still current and fresh sounding. I can even tolerate GMAYL because as it's the only weak track on the album, it isn't too bad to listen to. The extremely strong run of tracks from 1-12 is unbeatable, and I'm a Sinner for me remains one of my all time favourite Madonna songs. Rebel Heart has some terrific songs but many of them take so long to get to! 

MDNA wasn't a bad album by most artists' standards, but it was sonically generic and lyrically vapid.  It could have been sung by anyone.  Other than the tour experience, the album is unmemorable and I almost never listen to it.

I enjoyed Hard Candy but didn't love it compared to Confessions.  Falling into the MDNA abyss really made me nostalgic for Hard Candy though and for when things were still upbeat, if not carefree like Confessions.  It's understandable the way it turned out, being her divorce album and when she couldn't care less about making music, given her focus on W.E.  I went to the MDNA tour as a fan, but I wouldn't take any casual fan to it.

Rebel Heart is back to being more hopeful and has something for everyone, though it is a more mature album, despite the fun songs thrown in.  I love the production, as it's forward thinking for once in a long time.  It's sonically cohesive and interesting in terms of lyrics and subject matter and a throwback to many of my favorite M eras.

I live in the UK and im pretty devastated she only achieved number  2 :(( it was like when Beautiful Stranger and Ray Of Light only reached No.2 in the singles chart - i was pissed because they should have been No.1 guaranteed - i think the UK  have not been supportive of her at all the last  few years - im pretty sure that Ghosttown will be ignored too no matter how good the video is - i mean to open up behind Sam Smith is pretty embarrasing - his album has been out for ages now so who is still buying it ? Very depressed fan right now :((

I'm not sure how she is doing in the US but im sure that will be another disappointment - i heard she was competing with a TV show soundtrack ????

I think we have to consider that the days of massive selling albums are long gone. No one is likely to sell over 20 million again. No one is likely to sell 10 million very often either. Multi-million sellers are largely long gone. We had the bar set so high by Madonna from her past successes that everything she does hereon in is going to be classed as a flop by comparison. That is the wrong way to look at things. Pop music is a fickle world full of here one minute, gone the next artists. Madonna is unique in the fact that she is still making pure pop music 30 years after her debut. No one in the history of pop has ever done that, nor will they likely do so in the future. If Madonna sells 2-3m copies per album, that is still twice as many as most other current pop stars. We shouldn't expect collossal   sales figures from her because they're never going to come. Music is something available to hear 24/7 these days. It is readily available, there's no anticipation. There's always expectancy. When Sam Smith is stacking shelves in a supermarket in a few years time, Madonna will be on TV trying to get us to come to her sit down comedy tour after completing another album! Let's not be too expectant - or harsh. It is unfair and unjust.

The leaks that had been happening since before December hasn't helped and morw than likely a lot of casual people have stuck with that onlinw., but number 2 is still great Erotica didnt go to number 1 and that's one of her best and iconic albums.The era is still early and we need her in the UK again promoting GT when Britain Got Talents live show starts

I think we have to consider that the days of massive selling albums are long gone. No one is likely to sell over 20 million again. No one is likely to sell 10 million very often either. Multi-million sellers are largely long gone. We had the bar set so high by Madonna from her past successes that everything she does hereon in is going to be classed as a flop by comparison. That is the wrong way to look at things. Pop music is a fickle world full of here one minute, gone the next artists. Madonna is unique in the fact that she is still making pure pop music 30 years after her debut. No one in the history of pop has ever done that, nor will they likely do so in the future. If Madonna sells 2-3m copies per album, that is still twice as many as most other current pop stars. We shouldn't expect collossal   sales figures from her because they're never going to come. Music is something hear 24/7 these days. It is readily available, there's no anticipation. There's always expectancy. When Sam Smith is stacking shelves in a supermarket in a few years time, Madonna will be on TV trying to get us to come to her sit down comedy tour after completing another album! Let's not be too expectant - or harsh. It is unfair and unjust.

yes ok....but with this album madonna probably will not reach 1.5 million copies

I've been a fan since 1990 and i learned long time ago to give 0 fucks about all this stuff. I just care about her music and about her art and the ways she chooses to represent it - videos, tours, photoshoots... - as i said before: Top10s, selling and all that means 0 to me and it's not representative at all of a work of art's quality.

it's the same for me....I don't give a shit about sales

I just said how it's ridiculous that mdna sold more than rebel heart

I've been a fan since 1990 and i learned long time ago to give 0 fucks about all this stuff. I just care about her music and about her art and the ways she chooses to represent it - videos, tours, photoshoots... - as i said before: Top10s, selling and all that means 0 to me and it's not representative at all of a work of art's quality.

I care only to the extent that M still has the motivation to put out the quality and quantity of music she has and the effort she's put into the promo this time.  I can't blame her if it's disheartening to see so little results for all that she has put in this time.

I care about the tour's success to the extent that we can get extra shows, etc. but again all of these things only affect the core fans who are willing to actually go purchase her material.

All of the demo leaks were seen mostly by serious fans searching for them after the initial waves, but the final super deluxe leaking so early and being spread ALL over was the nail in the coffin for sales.  That, the undershipped physical discs, and continued massive confusion over versions available did not help things at all.

Rebel Heart is way more melodic than MDNA, even in the "wall of sound" songs you can see a basic melody inside. MDNA has few chorus power, most of them are just the song title repeated (GAYL, Some Girls, I'm A Sinner, Gang Bang, SuperStar etc). Really feels like an album with little time of composition.

And all this bad feeling about the sound is because we've listened all the demos first, I really doubt if we listened the album versions and then the demos people would still feel this way.

Rebel Heart is way more melodic than MDNA, even in the "wall of sound" songs you can see a basic melody inside. MDNA has few chorus power, most of them are just the song title repeated (GAYL, Some Girls, I'm A Sinner, Gang Bang, SuperStar etc). Really feels like an album with little time of composition.And all this bad feeling about the sound is because we've listened all the demos first, I really doubt if we listened the album versions and then the demos people would still feel this way.

I never listened to the demos. My first time hearing the album (other than the ones released on iTunes) was on March 10th. I had nothing to compare the songs to and still don't.

Rebel Heart is way more melodic than MDNA, even in the "wall of sound" songs you can see a basic melody inside. MDNA has few chorus power, most of them are just the song title repeated (GAYL, Some Girls, I'm A Sinner, Gang Bang, SuperStar etc). Really feels like an album with little time of composition.

And all this bad feeling about the sound is because we've listened all the demos first, I really doubt if we listened the album versions and then the demos people would still feel this way.

both albums are imperfect and all over the place and with some bad production here and there but at least RH has music in it.  Give me RH any day over MDNA...

No matter when i heard the demos if before or after, it would still be a fact that there's no comparision between for example inside out demo with inside out album version, the latter sounds like it was made in 2 hours...

both albums are imperfect and all over the place and with some bad production here and there but at least RH has music in it.  Give me RH any day over MDNA...

No matter when i heard the demos if before or after, it would still be a fact that there's no comparision between for example inside out demo with inside out album version, the latter sounds like it was made in 2 hours...

I was a little disappointed by the final version of inside out, they made it "darker", which doesn't suit the song and the beautiful lyrics imo. But even that, and even the dreadful holy water has better production than half of MDNA's songs.

I was a little disappointed by the final version of inside out, they made it "darker", which doesn't suit the song and the beautiful lyrics imo.

Me too. The demo was definitely better, but I can listen to it.

Hold Tight is the only song I can't listen to anymore. They absolutely ruined it in my opinion.