Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

If people wanna compare, let's look at:

#2 Rebel Heart - Madonna (56 y.o. and more than 30 yrs career)#2 Kiss me once - Kylie#2 Beyoncé - Beyoncé#2 The truth about Love - Pink#10 Cheek to Cheek - Lady Gaga#14 Me. I am Mariah - Mariah Carey#28 Lotus - Christina Aguilera#34 Britney Jean - Britney Spears#41 A.K.A - Jennifer Lopez

It must be the Illuminati.Seriously, the promo has been widely publicized. In every counrty she visited, she made the headlines, at least in the entertainment/culture segments. Mojo, Rolling Stone, Billboard, Pitchfork... She gave long, exclusive interviews to TV, radio. Plus there was the Brits incident. I don't know where you think that regular people didn't get RH was out.The hardcore fanbase might have shrunk through the years, but I see a lot of people here that bought several editions, including myself.First week figures are still critically declining. Taylor Swift is an exception, but look at what Gaga or Timberlake used to sell and what they scored with their latest efforts. Not even talking about Mariah and Celine Dion who barely sell shit.Adult buyers, Madonna's main target, didn't necessarily rush to the store for it. They probably downloaded the unmastered version that has been floating around for months, and will purchase it eventually or offer it. You know, there are a lot of casual fans, those who like one or two specific Madonna albums, and are always curious about her. But they won't care about what remix or which bonus track. They download on iTunes and that's it.As for kids, they just don't buy music anymore. They use Youtube or Spotify, that's it. In Europe, many mobile carriers and banks bundle music streaming services with their subscriptions, so the young audiences never have to decide to spend any money on a specific artist. But RH tracks will fall into their ears, through shares and playlists. Lots of RH songs were played during The Voice, last saturday in France, for example. The album is everywhere.But then comes the tour. Shows sold out in minutes, multiple shows already added, another intercontinental leg to be announced. Lots of cash coming in. Lots. Of. Cash.So yes, there has been a lot of mess around her. But who knows she wasn't messy herself? I'm not pointing fingers, but as the recording process is more and more documented, we learn that it has involved a lot of people. It gave birth to a diverse (for some, confusing) album, but it also opened breaches for leaks. Things are not always as simple as they seem.Pinpointing a mythical black sheep is the easy way. Madonna's carreer has always been made of struggles and triumphs. The RH era comes with more ageism, more Internet craze (leaks included), more conspiracy theories, and in the end, more music than ever.This is fascinating.And financially, I don't know here again where you get the idea of a disaster. She will be fine.It is an industry, but it's also art. The launch of RH is not the greatest marketing operation, but the legend continues. The Erotica/Sex controversy helped her build her throne, as much as Ray Of Light's acclaim. She came, she saw, she conquered. The rest is just drama.

Maybe that's true within Europe, but it's not in the US.  I hate to break it to you, but most people don't scour the entertainment blogs or news as regularly as fans do who know she has a release coming out.  People have talked to me about Madonna falling at the Brits, Madonna flashing her ass at the Grammys, on TV we've seen her talking about her kids, etc. but she hasn't had a performance in the US except for the Grammys which was long ago by now already.

Print interviews are read by almost none of the general public.  If it's not an artist that already interests me, I don't even click on random articles about other celebrities.  Even during release week, none of the US links mentioned that there was an album out March 10 except the reviews.  I saw tons and tons of headlines about Madonna said this about [insert controversy] but none of it focused on the music.  Again this goes back to reviewing Madonna the personality instead of the music.

No one said that Madonna herself was not messy or there wasn't a lot of chaos around the production.  It's obvious there was.  It's equally obvious that there has been a lot of mind-boggling incompetence or outright sabotage going on for SO much to keep going wrong, things that don't happen to any other major artist today.  It shouldn't be surprising when people question what on earth is going on.  It has nothing to do with conspiracy theories, so being dramatic doesn't help your argument either.

I don't doubt Madonna the touring force will be just fine.  Financially, I don't know what the hell Interscope/Universal was thinking with the messiest album release ever, with 1000 different versions and now random EPs popping up here and there.  I can't tell you how many people I've seen post they'll just wait until the mess clears before they pick one finalized, best version to purchase because there is NO official, accurate information.  The Queen and Autotune Baby tracklist is still up on madonna.com.  No, she did not sell absolutely nothing, so that is a plus, but there were also many unnecessarily lost sales due to confusion and miscommunication all around.

#2 Rebel Heart - Madonna (56 y.o. and more than 30 yrs career)#2 Kiss me once - Kylie#2 Beyoncé - Beyoncé#2 The truth about Love - Pink#10 Cheek to Cheek - Lady Gaga#14 Me. I am Mariah - Mariah Carey#28 Lotus - Christina Aguilera#34 Britney Jean - Britney Spears#41 A.K.A - Jennifer Lopez

Oh I LOVED  this post, really appreciated it   :Madonna036:

If people wanna compare, let's look at:#2 Rebel Heart - Madonna (56 y.o. and more than 30 yrs career)#2 Kiss me once - Kylie#2 Beyoncé - Beyoncé#2 The truth about Love - Pink#10 Cheek to Cheek - Lady Gaga#14 Me. I am Mariah - Mariah Carey#28 Lotus - Christina Aguilera#34 Britney Jean - Britney Spears#41 A.K.A - Jennifer Lopez

Are you on ATRL? I saw this almost exact post in the HDD thread.

yes but she won't reach Pink's and Beyonce's sales. I'm still hopeful she can get a soft hit with Ghosttown or Bitch I'm Madonna and here's hoping her team will get their shit together. Interscope clearly can't be bothered with her its sad.

Thankfully there's still a few months left until the tour and they can try to relaunch the album in some way, because this era has had way too much drama, and drama drives people away from the music. She needs to come hard with a single. Take the bull by the horns which is ironically what she didn't do with LFL.

Thanks groovy guy for that postEven if this album isn't a smash, nothing will take away from the fact t h at she's the biggest selling female artist ever in the UKAnd was THE top selling female act in the UK for 3 CONSECUTIVE decadesWhat more do you guys want?She's doing fine

Thanks groovy guy for that postEven if this album isn't a smash, nothing will take away from the fact t h at she's the biggest selling female artist ever in the UKAnd was THE top selling female act in the UK for 3 CONSECUTIVE decadesWhat more do you guys want?She's doing fine

this !

It's a bit exhausting to have to rehash this on a constant basis, in this day and age when, if a singer doesn't sell 3.000.000 copies on the first day, his/her career is over. 

This album is done. Only reason it did this well is because of the pre-order numbers and front-loaded sales. So now maybe we can accept the album for what it is and try to enjoy it and enjoy the tour. I guess people just aren't interested in her at the moment or whatever. So this album will be strictly a fan album.. lol :pop:

exactly 

we are in 2015....not in 1998 anymore ;)

Thanks groovy guy for that post

Even if this album isn't a smash, nothing will take away from the fact t h at she's the biggest selling female artist ever in the UK

And was THE top selling female act in the UK for 3 CONSECUTIVE decades

What more do you guys want?

She's doing fine

with Rebel Heart, Madonna extended her lead as the biggest selling female artist of the 21st century in UK, with cumulative sales of 7,653,480 million copies.

and just for the record, there's not 1, not 2, not even 3 ... but 5 Madonna albums charting on the Top 100 of iTunes UK!

Posted Image

I got the super deluxe edition :)

My tracks in order of most favourite below

1. Beautiful Scars (This in my opinion is the best song on the whole album - I love it <3)2. Living For Love3. HeartBreakCity4. Devil Pray5. Body Shop6. Hold Tight7. Borrowed Time8. Joan Of Arc9. Unapologetic Bitch10. Inside Out11. Addicted12. Rebel Heart13. S.E.X.14. Wash All Over Me15. Holy Water16. Messiah17. Ghosttown.18. Graffiti Heart.19. Bitch I'm Madonna.20. Illuminati.21. Best Night.22. Iconic.23. Veni Vedi Vici.

And to conclude, you really tend to draw conclusions from what you read (or what you don't read, WTF) and what people told you. Things do not revolve from your point of view.

We are all part of a bigger scheme.

No, they only revolve around your point of view and your selective reading comprehension.  But I'm done debating this with you.  It wasn't addressed to you anyway, yet again you chose to quote two of my posts instead of Fighter's many other posts saying exactly the same.

:Madonna051: