Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

oooh ok i keep the demo version hehe :-)

the acoustic version is good for her tour to play a calm song with her gitar

but for the album i really need avicii :cry: (some one has her mobile number ? so i can call her and tell her that)

im gonna slap that bitch to the beat (do it)

ppfff mdna i played so hard in my cabrio last summer

wow i loved it so much the beat and everything

They're not going to sound that similar...all of Avicii's typical sounds have been removed. In fact, only 3 of all the songs she wrote with him made it onto the album. She hired him because she liked his music, but I assume she wasn't satisfied with the result because a lot of it ended up sounding pretty much the same and not really very different from what she had done before. Apart from that she wasn't able to work with him any further due to his health problems. She then reached out to Diplo who she seemed to have a better working relationship with and from then on the album went into a completely different direction that clashed with Avicii's production a lot.

I meant something else... Avicii has his typical music style. Madonna's known him and his music before. Although Avicii's past collaborations sound similar (there are the commonalities between all the songs he had written/produced for many artists), she decided to work with him. Both RH and WAOM sound like they were polished and at very final stage (which means she wanted them to sound like this on the album). These 2 songs in their form (I mean the versions that leaked) were almost ready to be on the album. They were very Avicii, but at the same time very Madonna. I doubt she decided to change them just because of Avicii's health issues or "going into completely different direction". This album with or without Avicii is gonna be a compilation of different styles and moods, so I don't think these 2 potential reasons mentioned above were the cause of erasing Avicii's production. But it's only my guess.

I meant something else... Avicii has his typical music style. Madonna's known him and his music before. Although Avicii's past collaborations sound similar (there are the commonalities between all the songs he had written/produced for many artists), she decided to work with him. Both RH and WAOM sound like they were polished and at very final stage (which means she wanted them to sound like this on the album). These 2 songs in their form (I mean the versions that leaked) were almost ready to be on the album. They were very Avicii, but at the same time very Madonna. I doubt she decided to change them just because of Avicii's health issues or "going into completely different direction". This album with or without Avicii is gonna be a compilation of different styles and moods, so I don't think these 2 potential reasons mentioned above were the cause of erasing Avicii's production. But it's only my guess.

It will be more cohesive than you think. There are two main genres and production styles present on this album: One half of the song is very Urban/Hip-Hop/Dancehall the other half is more orchestral/industrial/organic sounding.

It will be more cohesive than you think. There are two main genres and production styles present on this album: One half of the song is very Urban/Hip-Hop/Dancehall the other half is more orchestral/industrial/organic sounding.

Ok. We'll see. But a little bit of Avicii wouldn't be a sin ;-)

P.S. I admire your english. For me it takes forever to write a logical and error free sentence :-)

She should have mixed and mastered all the tracks she recorded, various versions and put them on Itunes so people would make their own album BUT even then people would still be bitching anyway. :smile:

One's trash is others treasure. We probably all don't agree on what are Madonna's best songs and albums because her catalog is so rich and varied and we all love her for different reasons so all these infos are subjective until we get the album and can make our own subjective opinion on it.

She should have mixed and mastered all the tracks she recorded, various versions and put them on Itunes so people would make their own album BUT even then people would still be bitching anyway. :smile:

One's trash is others treasure. We probably all don't agree on what are Madonna's best songs and albums because her catalog is so rich and varied and we all love her for different reasons so all these infos are subjective until we get the album and can make our own subjective opinion on it.

+ 100000000000000000

from madonnarama:Standard Version [14 tracks]France – €16,49 – 9 March 201501. Living for love02. Devil pray03. Ghosttown04. Unapologetic bitch05. Illuminati06. Bitch I’m madonna07. Hold tight08. Joan of arc09. Iconic10. Heartbreakcity11. Body shop12. Holy water13. Inside out14. Wash all over meDeluxe Version [19 tracks]France – 15.99€ – 9 March 2015Germany – €20.97 – 10 March 2015Germany (clean) – €28.15 – 10 March 2015 (import)UK – £14.99 – 9 March 2015UK (clean) – £19.99 – 10 March 2015 (import)USA – $15.99 – 10 March 2015USA (clean) – $11.88 – 10 March 2015Australia version with bonus postcards HERE (only while stock lasts)01. Living For Love02. Devil Pray03. Ghosttown04. Unapologetic Bitch05. Illuminati06. Bitch I’m Madonna (feat. Nicki Minaj)07. Hold Tight08. Joan Of Arc09. Iconic (feat. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson)10. HeartBreakCity11. Body Shop12. Holy Water13. Inside Out14. Wash All Over Me15. Best Night16. Veni Vedi Vici (feat. Nas)17. S.E.X.18. Messiah19. Rebel HeartExclusive FNAC France Edition [21 tracks]France – 17,99€ – 10 March 201501. Living for Love02. Devil Pray03. Ghosttown04. Unapologetic Bitch05. Illuminati06. Bitch I’m Madonna07. Hold Tight08. Joan of Arc09. Iconic10. HeartBreakCity11. Body Shop12. Holy Water13. Inside Out14. Wash All Over Me15. Best Night16. Veni Vidi Vici17. S.E.X.18. Messiah19. Rebel Heart20. Bonus Remix 0121. Bonus Remix 02Japanese Version [20 tracks]01. Living for Love02. Devil Pray03. Ghosttown04. Unapologetic Bitch05. Illuminati06. Bitch I’m Madonna07. Hold Tight08. Joan of Arc09. Iconic10. HeartBreakCity11. Body Shop12. Holy Water13. Inside Out14. Wash All Over Me15. Best Night16. Veni Vidi Vici17. S.E.X.18. Messiah19. Rebel Heart20. Bonus TrackVinyl LP [19 tracks]France – €26.73 – 9 March 2015Germany – €34,99 – 10 March 2015UK – £45.99 – 10 March 2015 (import)USA – $32.99 – 10 March 201501. Living For Love02. Devil Pray03. Ghosttown04. Unapologetic Bitch05. Illuminati06. Bitch I’m Madonna (feat. Nicki Minaj)07. Hold Tight08. Joan Of Arc09. Iconic (feat. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson)10. HeartBreakCity11. Body Shop12. Holy Water13. Inside Out14. Wash All Over Me15. Best Night16. Veni Vedi Vici (feat. Nas)17. S.E.X.18. Messiah19. Rebel HeartSuper Deluxe Box [25 tracks]To be confirmed…Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2015/01/27/rebel-heart-promo-goodies-pre-order-links-details-and-more/#ixzz3Q2jvbFWe

I'm not afraid of Diplo's team versions... I simply loved Devil Pray and Illuminati!!!!

But I really hope that the new version of Rebel Heart doesn't kill the vibe of the demo version. It was such a powerful song.

The "devil's" part after the chorus and before the second verse in DP sounds so lame for me...