Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

• 4 weeks later...

Free D/L: Special remix of Madonna Living For Love by DirtyPop

A limited release of The Dirty Pop Part 2 remix of Madonna’s “Living for Love†is now temporarily available.

The remix was previously only available for DJ as a promotion.

This DirtyPop podcast was originally planned to be available only til 12-26 as a limited time promo.

Also a remix of George Michael’s Careless Whisper is now available.

Itunes: http://goo.gl/RnRoVL
Podomatic: http://goo.gl/YeHQy4

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Madonna Reflects On Low Sales Of ‘Rebel Heart’ Album

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/09/madonna-reflects-low-sales-rebel-heart-album/

Published: Tuesday 19th Sep 2017 by Sam

Even the most successful careers are plagued by challenges.

This is a reality that Pop empress Madonna is well-acquainted with.

One of her more public setbacks came with the release of her most recent album, 2015’s ‘Rebel Heart.’

The ‘Living For Love’ led set was rocked by a series of catastrophic leaks prior to its arrival – with both demos and full songs hitting the net.

It defied the odds to open at #1 on the pure sales tally in the US, but was the first casualty of the chart’s embrace of streaming and had to settle for a #2 on the final Billboard count after being bested by the SPS figure of the ‘Empire’ soundtrack. To date, it’s only sold 240,000 copies — in total.

Internationally, the project fared even worse.

Now, the 59-year-old is opening about why…

Speaking to French publication Le Parisien, Madge was asked point-blank about the so-so sales of ‘Rebel’ in the region.

Peep the excerpt:

Your last album sold only 50,000 copies in France. Did that disappoint you?

What disappointed me most of all was that someone had hacked and broadcast my songs on the Internet when they were not finished.

This had a huge effect on sales. But I’m very proud of this album …

Are you preparing the next one?

I work, I meet musicians, I discuss my ideas with producers. I am at the very beginning of the process.

Kudos to the interviewer for “going there†and props to Madonna for not being phased by it.

Far too often the stock response to a flop is to pretend it never happened, almost as if its commercial underperformance is synonymous with quality – which, a lot of the time, just isn’t the case.

Still, it’s no doubt easy to stand by the era when its tour grossed $169.8 million and extended Madonna’s record as the highest-grossing solo touring artist to… $1.131 billion.

Album sales are steadily declining, I don't think Rebel Heart's sales were catastrophic considering everything, plus the horrible press she got leading up to the album did not help matters. 

Let's hope if any future music leaks she will remain calm and not react to the leaks on instagram which only helped publicize them...and that she won't change any tracks last minute also lol.

I love that she says she's in the early process of new music. 

I hope she doesn't have to hound producers to come finish her record. It's insulting she had to wait for Diplo to send her stems of songs and track down people to work with and work around their schedules. Whomever she works with, I hope it's a close collaboration and one where both parties give their all to their work. It seemed she worked a lot with Avicii's team as she took photos of the writing team repeatedly. How did she get hacked again? Were the demos stored on an upload site? I remember hearing something like that when it happened.

Isn't that sales unit Gold in France? Sales are down unless you're Adele but she's done pretty good with the state of the industry at the moment. Glad she stands proudly behind it. Rebel Heart was definitely a step in the right direction and I play it to this day.

I still think it's far fetched she got hacked. Either the person had insider contacts, or the person used some sort of phishing technique?? maybe they sent her a link for skin care secrets that required her inserting her server password first  :cryin: or her password was madonnathequeen123

Anyway it would be embarrasing if she got "hacked" a third time so let's hope it stopped with this person whoever it was. I'm still salty about the way all this was handled tbh. :thumbsdown:

I still think it's far fetched she got hacked. Either the person had insider contacts, or the person used some sort of phishing technique?? maybe they sent her a link for skin care secrets that required her inserting her server password first  :cryin: or her password was madonnathequeen123

Anyway it would be embarrasing if she got "hacked" a third time so let's hope it stopped with this person whoever it was. I'm still salty about the way all this was handled tbh. :thumbsdown:

I still remember prior to the MDNA era demos of Masterpiece were being sold for like thousands. On my old YouTube channel, I uploaded a clip of the orchestral version until the thing leaked several years later. It should still be up; apparently they were floating for a while but after the arrest, people stopped sharing or saying they had anything.

I'm guessing the constant exchange of stems and tracks via the net as she admitted to doing may have been it to an extent? Albums get leaked a week or so early so I get the final product coming early as being someone had the disc or hacked the final product but the demos were something else. I read she had them stored on an upload site or something and someone ripped them or something along the lines. The RH DemoLeakGate era was something else. Everyone was on their toes when another song popped up but hopefully, she doesn't get hacked again. The whole demo vs. final product thing will never end again.

I'm guessing the constant exchange of stems and tracks via the net as she admitted to doing may have been it to an extent? Albums get leaked a week or so early so I get the final product coming early as being someone had the disc or hacked the final product but the demos were something else. I read she had them stored on an upload site or something and someone ripped them or something along the lines. The RH DemoLeakGate era was something else. Everyone was on their toes when another song popped up but hopefully, she doesn't get hacked again. The whole demo vs. final product thing will never end again.

I never heard anything about them keeping the files on upload sites lol but that doesnt explain it tbh i mean maybe im wrong and she did get hacked.  :silly:

• 2 months later...

I'm really late on the hacking discussion but maybe it was a Charli XCX situation, she stored all of her demos on her Google Drive account, which got hacked and all of her demos leaked. At least Charli's team didn't acknowledge it and made people interested in listening to leaked demos... like someone else did...

• 4 weeks later...