Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

DOWNLOAD THIS: Here’s a pre-Christmas sales snapshot nobody anticipated. Last week we saw the surprise release of D’Angelo’s RCA album; on Saturday we saw something new—an unpremeditated surprise pre-order. Reacting to the leak of six tracks from Madonna’s upcoming Rebel Heart, Maverick and Interscope decided to make all six available as instant-grat and a la carte offerings (see item below). We’ve never seen a pre-order go live this early, nor can we think of a previous instance of this many instant-grat tracks appearing simultaneously. Some albums eventually get to six tracks prior to release, but they typically go up one at a time. By our math, Interscope just scored $7.74 per pre-order in billing this year on an album that’s not out till 3/10, brightening the label’s P&L at the very last minute. This is the first case in memory (our memory, at least) of a label making such a big score in this way. ..

Madonna displays innovative style on 6 released songs
A new material girl
Nobody releases anything of value this week. Maybe a dirty politician tries to get ahead of a scandal by dropping details of an affair or embezzlement. But artists and entertainers won’t compete with “All I Want for Christmas is You†spins or “It’s a Wonderful Life†showings.

As you’d expect, Madonna had big plans for her 13th album in 2015: “Rebel Heart†would be teased with a Valentine’s Day single, a video and loads of hype. Then hackers leaked demos of the album last week and Madonna and team had to think fast.

So the week of nothing new now features the release of six fresh songs.

Over the weekend Madonna tweeted, “Happy early X-Mas!†with an iTunes link. And in typical Madonna fashion, the icon 
turned controversy into gold — the music hit No. 1 on iTunes charts in 36 countries.

More than buzz made the songs succeed. The work continues Madonna’s increasingly interesting, innovative approach to blending current styles with her classic aesthetic. It improves on 2012’s “MDNA†self-examination, which was a ruminative dance record for Ciroc-sippers in a Parisian discotheque.

“True Blue†fans will hear a joy and nostalgia in “Living for Love.†The beat pulses with today’s energy, but the hook and harmonies recall old school Top 40 — check out how Madonna and producer Diplo pair the drop with a bright, buoyant gospel refrain.

Producers Avicii and Billboard help “Devil Pray†and “Ghost Town†find their own balance of Material Girl and modern Madge. Both use trending (or formerly trending) EDM tricks and a lyrical introspection absent from most of Madonna’s early stuff, but her obsession with the divine and a catchy chorus remain.

Fans of “Cherish†won’t find much to relate to on the other three tracks.

Her collaboration with Kanye (as a producer, not an artist), “Illuminati,†has little that’s organic to grab onto. It buzzes and clicks and shakes with layers of electronic drone. Her team-up with Nicki Minaj, “(expletive) I’m Madonna,†and “Unapologetic (expletive),†come off like Miley Cyrus cuts — actually they sound like someone with a more defined aesthetic and deep understanding of youth culture’s constant evolution putting her own stamp on Cyrus’ pop-gone-wild thing.

Some of it’s strange, some of it’s familiar, all of it’s ambitious in a way the blonde has never been.

STREAM the preview tracks from Rebel Heart on repeat at Spotify. Not only will it help the singles but it also contributes accumulated totals toward the album's debut in March. Just click the link, press play, make sure it's set on REPEAT and enjoy the album all day long...Totally legit. https://play.spotify.com/user/nukso/playlist/2aQbzXIE8KSQb0fwo6fYIK

Madonna displays innovative style on 6 released songs
A new material girl
Nobody releases anything of value this week. Maybe a dirty politician tries to get ahead of a scandal by dropping details of an affair or embezzlement. But artists and entertainers won’t compete with “All I Want for Christmas is You” spins or “It’s a Wonderful Life” showings.

As you’d expect, Madonna had big plans for her 13th album in 2015: “Rebel Heart” would be teased with a Valentine’s Day single, a video and loads of hype. Then hackers leaked demos of the album last week and Madonna and team had to think fast.

So the week of nothing new now features the release of six fresh songs.

Over the weekend Madonna tweeted, “Happy early X-Mas!” with an iTunes link. And in typical Madonna fashion, the icon 
turned controversy into gold — the music hit No. 1 on iTunes charts in 36 countries.

More than buzz made the songs succeed. The work continues Madonna’s increasingly interesting, innovative approach to blending current styles with her classic aesthetic. It improves on 2012’s “MDNA” self-examination, which was a ruminative dance record for Ciroc-sippers in a Parisian discotheque.

“True Blue” fans will hear a joy and nostalgia in “Living for Love.” The beat pulses with today’s energy, but the hook and harmonies recall old school Top 40 — check out how Madonna and producer Diplo pair the drop with a bright, buoyant gospel refrain.

Producers Avicii and Billboard help “Devil Pray” and “Ghost Town” find their own balance of Material Girl and modern Madge. Both use trending (or formerly trending) EDM tricks and a lyrical introspection absent from most of Madonna’s early stuff, but her obsession with the divine and a catchy chorus remain.

Fans of “Cherish” won’t find much to relate to on the other three tracks.

Her collaboration with Kanye (as a producer, not an artist), “Illuminati,” has little that’s organic to grab onto. It buzzes and clicks and shakes with layers of electronic drone. Her team-up with Nicki Minaj, “(expletive) I’m Madonna,” and “Unapologetic (expletive),” come off like Miley Cyrus cuts — actually they sound like someone with a more defined aesthetic and deep understanding of youth culture’s constant evolution putting her own stamp on Cyrus’ pop-gone-wild thing.

Some of it’s strange, some of it’s familiar, all of it’s ambitious in a way the blonde has never been.

I love this so much :)

are you kitten me

Back That Up

Beautiful Scars

Best Night

Body Shop

Freedom

God is Love

Graffiti Heart

Hold Tight

Iconic

Nothing Lasts Forever

Tragic Girl

Veni Vidi Vici

I'm just reading comments :cryin:

"omg veni vidi vici I love urban Madonna i can't help myself a conqueeer"

"Hold Tight is amazing Posted ImagePosted Image Back That Up is disgusting tho."

"Hold Tight a gritty and dark mid-tempo but it's an extremely rough demo. It's kind cute though."

"Back That Up is just another Pharrell trash and sounds like a Hard Candy reject"

:cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:  MELTDOWN

Back That Up

Beautiful Scars

Best Night

Body Shop

Freedom

God is Love

Graffiti Heart

Hold Tight

Iconic

Nothing Lasts Forever

Tragic Girl

Veni Vidi Vici

I'm just reading comments :cryin:

"omg veni vidi vici I love urban Madonna i can't help myself a conqueeer"

"Hold Tight is amazing Posted ImagePosted Image Back That Up is disgusting tho."

"Hold Tight a gritty and dark mid-tempo but it's an extremely rough demo. It's kind cute though."

"Back That Up is just another Pharrell trash and sounds like a Hard Candy reject"

:cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:  MELTDOWN

what. 

^ Best Night is awesome!

Veni Vidi Vici is cool too

and when it came to sex

I know I walked the borderline

and when I struck a pose

all the lost their minds

I justified my love

I made you say a little prayer

they had me crucified

you know I had to take it there