I justified my love

I made you say a little prayer

they had me crucified

you know I had to take it there

I opened up my heart 

I learned the power of goodbye

I saw a ray of light

The lyrics are incredibly cheesy but the fangirl in me loves them.  :lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/24/arts/music/madonna-6-songs-offers-preview-of-rebel-heart-album.html?_r=0

A Flurry of Releases, and a Show of Force by Madonna6 Songs Offer Preview of ‘Rebel Heart’ AlbumDEC. 23, 2014By JON PARELESIn some circles, the six saddest words in the English language may be: “Don’t you know who I am?†Often the answer is an ego-crushing “no.†So when Madonna names a song “Bitch I’m Madonna†— and books Nicki Minaj to add praise — well, no one knows better than she does that celebrity is Darwinian.At 56, Madonna has to contend with a generation of singers who have studied her playbook so thoroughly that they are far more her competition than her admirers. But with the six songs she suddenly released on Friday, she’s still a contender.Madonna put the songs out shortly after the online leak of more than a dozen songs thought to have been planned for “Rebel Heart,†the album she had scheduled for release on March 10. In a post on Instagram that she later deleted, she called the leak a “form of terrorism.â€But her commercial response was shrewd. The songs can be downloaded from online music services with a pre-order of the album or separately, and Madonna’s name recognition is still so strong that the announcement catapulted all six tracks into the iTunes Top 10 in dozens of countries. (They have since slipped in the United States, but five of the tracks were in the Top 20 early Tuesday morning.)Madonna stated that the leaked files were unfinished, and that’s exactly how they sound, particularly those that can be compared with the official releases. Madonna and her producers tweaked the songs further, changing up rhythms and adding sizzle and sharpness to each mix.In some ways, “Rebel Heart†shapes up as a sequel, with lessons learned, to her 2012 album, “MDNA.†On that album, she switched off between angry breakup songs and party-girl boasts; she also returned to her longtime strategy of collaborating with top D. J.s of electronic dance music as producers. But the resulting songs often felt coldly mechanized and dutifully trendy; overprocessed vocals and cliché-slinging lyrics didn’t help.The six-song preview of “Rebel Heart†features Madonna’s better side: as a savvy pop ear and musical team leader, and as a lyricist who sometimes ponders sin along with romance and fame.Madonna is still reacting to a breakup in two of her new songs (and in more of the demos). But at this point, she’s bouncing back. “Living for Love,†easily one of Madonna’s best singles in a decade, transmutes revenge into upbeat redemption. Diplo and Alicia Keys are among its seven songwriters; Ms. Keys’s piano is also in the track, which harnesses blipping electronics and a house beat to a gospelly buildup. Madonna moves through accusations on the way to positive thinking: “After the heartache, I’m gonna carry on,†she declares.“Unapologetic Bitch,†another Diplo collaboration, is more testy. It swerves in and out of a reggae band groove, punctuated by air horn and electronics, as Madonna insults her ex’s sexual performance and taunts, “I don’t care no more / Tell me how it feels to be ignored.â€â€œGhosttown†mixes affection and postapocalyptic gloom. It’s a straightforward ballad over synthesizer chords, written with songwriters who have also supplied material to Rihanna, Demi Lovato and Jason Derulo; it begs for a dystopian-romance video.“This world has turned to dust / All we’ve got left is love,†Madonna sings, before the chorus promises, “When it all falls down, we’ll be two souls in a ghost town.â€Most of the “Rebel Heart†songs tend to check off at least two idioms per track. “Bitch I’m Madonna†is, fortunately, the most negligible of the “Rebel Heart†tracks. Behind generic club-night lyrics like “We get freaky if you want,†Diplo’s production alternates between blipping, trance-flavored verses — hinting at the chords from “Heads Will Roll†by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs — and the slow, sparse beat of trap.Kanye West shares the production credits on “Illuminati†and leaves his imprint with distorted vocal effects, a hard kick drum and a rubbery bass line. He’s also mentioned in the song’s merely clever lyrics, which have Madonna rapping the names of celebrities, summarizing the theory of the all-seeing Illuminati conspiracy and concluding, “It’s like everybody in this party / shining like Illuminati.â€Madonna’s hedonism and higher consciousness converge in “Devil’s Pray.†Its music, with Avicii among the producers, is a little behind the curve; it uses acoustic rhythm guitar above synthetic four-on-the-floor like Avicii’s hit with Aloe Blacc, “Wake Me Up.â€Madonna, the longtime God-fearing bad girl, sings about how “we could do drugs and we could smoke weed and we could drink whiskey,†but no, those would be bad alternatives. She wants her soul saved from the devil, and not even the tempting electronic beats of clubland can dissuade her. “Teach me how to pray,†she implores. That’s a different Madonna — not blasphemous but devout.The leaked tracks might, in the end, only raise Madonna’s stature. When the finished album is released — with or without different songs — fans will hear what she adds to them, what she changes, what her standards and instincts demand. They won’t experience Madonna the celebrity or Madonna the fashion statement, but the Madonna who has kept us listening for decades: Madonna the musician.

Madonna Wins Back ‘Queen of Pop’ Title: ‘Rebel Heart’ Tracks Earn Praise
Madonna has always been called the “Queen of Pop,†but many people – including big fans – have wondered if she had become a legend who is living off her former glory. Madonna has been criticized a lot these past few years for “chasing her youth.†Some call these claims sexist and ageist. Luckily for Madonna, the general consensus on her new music is that she is, once again, at the top of her game.

Madonna fans and critics have hit the internet to praise the singer after she was forced to release songs off her upcoming Rebel Heart album. This happened as hackers leaked 13 unfinished tracks last week. In fact, the album immediately hit number one on music sales charts in 41 different countries based on pre-orders alone. Billboard, the top music industry magazine that is usually harsh on new music from superstars, has praised Madonna’s first single, “Living for Love.â€

“Living For Love’ sounds like a giddy combination of Madonna’s past and present, and represents an encouraging sign for a 2015 project that was unexpectedly thrown into jeopardy at the end of 2014.â€

The lead single is a confident club banger about finding your way back after a breakup. It’s an epic and uplifting song that could expose the Queen of Pop to a different generation. Madonna proves to be a confident vocalist who may not be able to hit all the notes Lady Gaga or Aria Grande can, but one who can emotionally seduce her audience. Madonna’s vocals prove even more confident in songs like “Devil Pray,†a heartfelt song about the false promises of drugs, and “Ghosttown,†a solid ballad about two souls surviving in a world that has crumbled.

Three of the songs, “B***h I’m Madonna,†“Unapologetic B***h,†and “Illuminati†haven’t earned the unanimous praise the others have. Jim Farber of the New York Daily News believes these three songs find Madonna chasing trends rather than creating them.

“Unfortunately, the other three cuts sound like they’re playing catch-up with the hits of today. ‘Illuminati’ pairs the star with producer Kanye West, who gave her a dark needling rhythm that sounds like something left over from his last album.â€

However, Farber offers nothing but praise for Madonna’s other tracks and even if he didn’t appreciate the three later tracks, many fans did. In fact, “B***h I’m Madonna†is the most-downloaded individual track from the album and the most downloaded track Madonna has had in years. Do you think Madonna has another huge hit on her hands? Madonna fans and haters, it’s time to sound off and tell us in the comments section.