Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I swear to God that I wasn't expecting anything interesting from Madonna this time since the work on the new album has been announced. Collaboration with Avicii and others didn't excite me at all. I was like... there's Avicii everywhere nowadays, there's Guetta, Nicki Minaj everywhere. Everything that is being played on radio stations sounds almost the same. And so I was little sceptic and afraid at the same time about the new material. I thought that there was gonna be no more than 10% of Madonna in the new project. But after listening to the demos I'm just amazed! There are so many great tracks at their "demo" stage that could make at least 1 album already! Very emotional ballads (Heartbreak City, Ghosttown, Messiah, Joan of Arc), catchy dance tunes (Living for love, Rebel Heart, Addicted) and my very favorite "Borrowed Time". I understand that Madonna was very upset when all that stuff leaked. Maybe some stuff that wasn't meant to be included on the album was going to be added as b-sides for the single releases. But on the other hand - there's a chance that we wouldn't even have known about many gems recorded for the album and not included on the official release if the leaks didn't happen. I expect one of the most iconic Madonna's albums with this material. Can't wait for the release of the album and some amazing promotion + iconic videoclips :-)