Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

"Ghost Town"
Published on Dec 27, 2014
My own vision of "Ghost Town" and what it means to me. I do not own any rights to the song, it's all Madonna's and the powers that be !!!

I uploaded on youtube this song subtitled in Spanish,but maverick  has deleted my video u.u .. anyway now is here https://vimeo.com/116253232
But ..the people do not use "vimeo" haha youtube/maverick who?  :suffer:

if i could choose remixers for the rebel heart era i would pick the following:

- stuart price

- yuksek

- the presets

- trentemoller

- royksopp

- sebastian

- mnek

- m83

- boys noize

- mark ronson

Good list! Would mind also seeing:

- paul oakenfold

- robin schulz

- porter robinson

- showtek

And basically any of the major club producers now; would love to hear some huge releases! Something tells me there might be a Jack U remix for one of the singles, but that might just be wishful thinking.

I had an idea for a music video to Bitch I'm Madonna:

Have the video be a mixture of past videos/performances and new footage of her and a few female dancers doing sick choreography to the song and turning it out hardcore,then have Nicki come and do her rap all badass and whatnot. Also have a visual of Madonna's past album covers and logos throughout the video as well.

I doubt we will get some awesome diverse remixes. Probaby they will hire one person to make remixes and the result would be a lot of remixes that sound the same (GMAYL, TUTR).

She should hire people like Stuart, who can reinvent the song. Delivering something new, instead of adding generic DJ club beat to every song.

They shouldn't butcher ballads like Ghosttown and try to make a dance remix.

Depending on what songs (ballad, dance, up-tempo)  will be released as singles, she should hire different people. Not just DJs, but also real musicians and other artists like Goldfrapp, as someone mentioned.

Goldfrapp (electropop, art rock elements, dream pop) could make dreamy and atmospheric remixes of ballads, while Stuart Price could work on dance songs.

It would be nice if a CD single contains remixes of other songs too.

For example: LFL single ( LFL song, its remix, a remix of some other song that won't be a single)

The Inside Story of How Madonna Turned Her 'Rebel Heart' Leak Into a Global Hit
By Andrew Hampp | January 09, 2015
Posted Image

On Dec. 16, Madonna was in her New York apartment when she received word that more than a dozen unfinished demos for her forthcoming album had leaked. Her manager, Guy Oseary, was just returning to his Beverly Hills estate when he got the news. The album, Rebel Heart, was set for a late-April release, and thanks to a meticulous marketing plan and an inspired group of collaborators (including Diplo,Kanye West and Avicii), buzz was strong on the singer's 13th studio full-length.

But now, all bets were off. Madonna shot off a fiery post on her Instagram accountlambasting the leak as "artistic rape," Oseary got on the phone, and both sprung into action. "I don't recall that phone coming off my ear from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m.," he says.

High-profile leaks and other security breaches have been a scourge of the entertainment industry for the past 15 years: from Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot in 2001 and Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III in 2007 to Madonna's own "Give Me All Your Luvin'" in 2011 -- which resulted in an unidentified fan's arrest in Spain, although he was later released -- not to mention the hacker group Anonymous' threats to rapper Iggy Azalea in 2014's final weeks. But this Madonna leak was unusually severe, including images and videos as well as music. However, the singer and her team's quick response may have set a new precedent for how the industry can mobilize in an effort to combat them.

On the morning of Dec. 17, Steve Berman, vice chairman of Madonna's label distributor Interscope, was on the phone with her and Oseary. "She was in a very angry, upset, emotional place," Berman recalls. He had visited her in New York the week prior to hear some of the album's first finished songs with label president/CEO John Janick. "She told me, 'Steve, I care about my music. I can't have the songs being heard the wrong way.' "

Berman was confident that Apple's iTunes could be engaged to turn around an official release of finished Rebel Heart tracks on a dime, even though the digital retailer's servers would effectively shut down for the year on Dec. 19, just two days later. But he faced two major hurdles: pushback from the upper rafters at Universal Music Group ("Should we just wait and do it all at the top of the year?" was the response from one executive) and the availability of iTunes vp content Robert Kondrk, who was already on vacation with his family in Mexico.

During the next 48 hours, Kondrk was able to help Apple greenlight a Rebel Heartpreorder that would include six instant-gratification songs for download by midnight ET on Dec. 20 -- including "Living for Love," the set's first single, which was initially intended for a Valentine's Day release (and will now be promoted to radio on Feb. 10). However, Madonna had to make sure the six songs were in finished form, so she holed up in her New York studio working on the final mixes into the wee hours of the morning of Dec. 18. "There was no time to call any of the producers -- nothing," says Oseary. "Just her final mastering sessions."

The result of Rebel Heart's 48-hour turnaround? The album preorder topped the iTunes charts in more than 40 countries -- including the United States, where three of the six released tracks entered Billboard's Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart dated Jan. 3, despite just two days of eligibility. To date, the six tracks have sold a combined 131,000 downloads, according to Nielsen Music, with preorders for Rebel Heart at a robust (considering the situation) 50,000 to 60,000, according to industry estimates. "We know that in today's world, having a top 10 album with no promotion is really hard," Oseary says. "It's pretty... exciting isn't the right word, but it's rewarding to see it so well-received."

Still, Madonna's work is far from over. There's still at least one more preview track fromRebel Heart on its way before the album's March 10 release (likely due Feb. 8, the night of the Grammy Awards, Oseary says), and an official video for "Living for Love," to be filmed in late January. Plus, there's an ongoing investigation into the source of the leaks (another 14 tracks hit the Internet on Dec. 24), which, given their volume, seem too far-reaching to emanate from a usual suspect like a studio staffer or a backing musician. Neither Oseary nor a UMG representative would confirm that the investigation has resulted in a police report. Oseary's only comment on the matter was, "We are working really hard to solve this crime."

Billboard Dance Club Songs Chart: Madonna’s Living For Love Hot Shot debut at #32!
As previewed last week, Madonna‘s Living For Love is Hot Shot Debut at #32 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs Chart! (Issue date: 01/24/2015)
For the second week in a row Living For Love is the most added record without remixes.
*32 NEW Hot Shot Debut Living For Love Madonna Live Nation/Interscope

Tied up and tied down with Madonna?
The item I wrote the other day about Madonna — her upcoming album, the art promoting it, the controversy about that art — was picked up, perhaps not surprisingly, by most of the Madonna fan websites. 

Back in the day, I often received mail -- the era of real letters -- expressing surprise that I covered Madonna at all. Wasn't she "too young" for my column? (I was in my 60s. Madonna was in her 20s. I think perhaps because she was a pop singer, my coverage was questioned. I certainly wrote about a lot of other people in their 20s!) 

Well, even before I met Madonna, I enjoyed her upfront attitude, support for women and gays, and that undeniable belief of hers that she was destined for greatness, a star of the first magnitude even before most people had heard of her. (The Barbra Streisand/Diana Ross Syndrome, I call it.) I also enjoyed some of her movies and some of her music. But mostly, I liked Madonna's unabashed, unapologetic thirst for fame. 

Then I interviewed La Ciccone. She was funny and relaxed. However, as impressed as I was, I was not afraid of her. She liked that. It was new. (Elizabeth Taylor also came to appreciate my lack of obvious nerve, although ET tried to give me a hard time when we first met, in Paris. Or at least, in comparison to the voluble, ingratiating Richard Burton, she seemed distant. She got over it.) 

Anyway, I was highly amused when Madonna author/historian Matthew Rettenmund sent me a photograph he'd posted on his blog, "Boy Culture." Anthony Coombs' photograph shows me -- in a leather jacket no less -- with my face bound up in rope, just as Madonna's is, on the cover of her album. Hilarious! 

The rope is supposed to symbolize Madonna's rebellious tendencies and outspokenness, which she feels is still a struggle. Well, I've never done half or a quarter of what Madonna has, so I haven't had to defend myself on that level. I've been lucky with all the newspapers and outlets for my column. I have never been censored. Once, The New York Post refused to run a column I'd written in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, because it was "too sentimental." But otherwise, I retained a liberal voice at odds with most of what appeared there. My syndicate is similarly tolerant. 

Oh, sure I received -- and still do -- criticism from some readers who prefer I didn't say this or that, shouldn't presume to be a film or theater critic (I don't) or a political savant (I'm not). I just know what I like and don't like. 

But I've never found myself struggling for self-expression, nor have I been denied it. That said, I gladly accept my bound-up image. And in doing so, and printing the picture, I'm likely letting myself in for a lot of email, with a variety of people interpreting what that image really means -- to them.