The Next Best Thing Interview

NowRadiate

She sounded a bit sick or hoarse in the interview. Anyway, I like The Next Best Thing. Cool story. I just thought the lighting in the movie was really awkward. Also, there were some acting awkwardness on Madonna's part, but everyone else did a great job.

...and her accent was super strong there!  :Madonna029: posh

I had noticed that and it came and went from this point on until more lately. People seemed to make fun of her for taking on the accent, but from my own experience I know when you're around a certain region or certain people, you do start picking up their accent. I mean; she spent over 8 years of her life in a relationship with a British man and living in England. Of course, she's going to pick up the accent. Now she's been living back in the U.S., she has regressed back to her American accent.

I had noticed that and it came and went from this point on until more lately. People seemed to make fun of her for taking on the accent, but from my own experience I know when you're around a certain region or certain people, you do start picking up their accent. I mean; she spent over 8 years of her life in a relationship with a British man and living in England. Of course, she's going to pick up the accent. Now she's been living back in the U.S., she has regressed back to her American accent.

i totally agree with you. anyone with a remotely "musical ear" so to speak will pick up accents quite fast.

never understood the bashing.