"The Rebel Heart Tour" to be Madonnas' Final Tour?

What kind of prescription drug addicted thread is this lol? She'll be touring well into her 70s if not beyond and there will be more albums. Probably not soon, but there will be.

LOL agreed.  Tina Turner will be 76 in November.  She announced she may go back on tour.  Tina, similar to Madonna takes great care of her body....  Madonna at just 57 and with Cher touring well into her 60's... Madonna's good... she won't stop, but I think she will stop to smell the roses more, take more time between musical projects, probably will transition to more music performance than theatrical shows... Its ok, she has nothing to prove.  And I welcome how she's aging and living.  I think we as fans have the anxiety and the worry, we need to change and learn to let her be what she wants to be.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if this is her last tour with LN cos' the only details available on the LN deal states M collected a general advance of $17.5 million in 2007 and would also collect roughly $17 million advance for each of three albums ($50 to $60 million total) plus $50 million in cash and stock for the right to promote her concert tours and to license her name.  There's no mention on the number of tours she is obligated to do.

But here's an interesting quote from Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino:
The biggest cost of my business is competition -- promoters bidding against each other to get a tour. We had no belief that if we did nothing that we would have just continually got the U2 tour for 10 years, and/or anywhere near the same economics. We got the Madonna 2014 tour at 2008 prices. Madonna and these artists don't get paid in 2014 unless they perform. It's not like Madonna's living off the signing bonus we gave her in 2007 in 2014. We have a contractual deal that has a very structured schedule of payments for certain rights. We project that Madonna will gross over $1 billion in this 10 years. She's working to generate the $1 billion, not the $100 million schedule that we're going to pay her over time. That's just the appetizer.

Archived