The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 minute ago, musicinferno said:

Is this really a GH tour? Cause I feel like it's a tour for only her fav songs. I know she said it'd be a GH tour but I don't think it will be a GH tour. I wonder when she will do a GH tour? 

I’m not even sure if posts like these are satire at this point or not.

I'm wondering if the opening number is Vogue again?

Those two notes......The first two horn stabs from Vogue 12" inch mix are my bet. Instantly recognisable more than any other two notes in her catalogue, and the two notes that would probably make the crowd go WILD. 

Probably introduced by Bob the Drag Queen. This is gonna be a Vogue Ball my bussy is telling me. 

Music is kinda three notes ain't it?

7 hours ago, RebelHeart said:

Amy literally says in the announcement "a world tour and play your greates moterfucking hits" though

She has more than 50 #1 dance songs alone if we count the double sided entries and You Can Dance collection and a slew of other entries, including Human Nature which rested at #2.  And the dance chart is only one chart.  She has a ton of hits, including Celebration.  She has a lot of options. 

3 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

Have you watched Rebel Heart...lol her back up dancers are doing most choreography. Also, she is literally boot camping right now compared to a Pride Performance. I do think Celebration as we see here will be part of the new concert. 

I am fairly certain that she was still recovering from her Madame X injuries here.  

6 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I'm wondering if the opening number is Vogue again?

Those two notes......The first two horn stabs from Vogue 12" inch mix are my bet. Instantly recognisable more than any other two notes in her catalogue, and the two notes that would probably make the crowd go WILD. 

Probably introduced by Bob the Drag Queen. This is gonna be a Vogue Ball my bussy is telling me. 

Music is kinda three notes ain't it?

It’s actually the same note over and over. 

7 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

She has more than 50 #1 dance songs alone if we count the double sided entries and You Can Dance collection and a slew of other entries, including Human Nature which rested at #2.  And the dance chart is only one chart.  She has a ton of hits, including Celebration.  She has a lot of options. 

To be fair, the GP would likely appreciate her being a bit more literal with how a hit is defined, sticking to the general Top 20 figures, not charts that actually don’t mean a great deal.

3 minutes ago, scion said:

To be fair, the GP would likely appreciate her being a bit more literal with how a hit is defined, sticking to the general Top 20 figures, not charts that actually don’t mean a great deal.

Yeah we have to consider she just released a 50 tracks number 1's collection. So in effect those were all hits.

She makes the rules.

2 minutes ago, scion said:

She has a lot of options for sure.  The release of the 50 number ones collection definately shows that she values that accomplishment.  She will need to pull from that collection to celebrate the four decades.  There are just so many options.  

14 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Aye but i mean in succession it would be a three note phrase as it were.

I get you. It’s open to interpretation I suppose what Tony meant.

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Yeah we have to consider she just released a 50 tracks number 1's collection. So in effect those were all hits.

She makes the rules.

Of course, it’s the same as Janet did something like that a good while ago, even though most people don’t know the songs. 

Personally I’m hoping she sticks to the songs on the Celebration double album, with few extra inclusions. That’s how you do a greatest hits show. 

13 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

She has a lot of options for sure.  The release of the 50 number ones collection definately shows that she values that accomplishment.  She will need to pull from that collection to celebrate the four decades.  There are just so many options.  

It’s exciting!

As long as the bulk of the show is songs everyone knows there will be room for some lesser known singles or even personal favourite album tracks.

Look at Kylie Minogue’s Showgirl tour, it was billed as a Greatest Hits Tour and she performed:

- 19 proper hits

- 3 album tracks

- 1 single that wasn’t a hit at all

- 1 cover

- 1 new song

It would be kind of boring if she played by the rules entirely, it is a celebration of her whole career. For eg, reinvention tour was sold as Madonna performing her hits and I think the GP were satisfied with that.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

As long as the bulk of the show is songs everyone knows there will be room for some lesser known singles or even personal favourite album tracks.

Look at Kylie Minogue’s Showgirl tour, it was billed as a Greatest Hits Tour and she performed:

- 19 proper hits

- 3 album tracks

- 1 single that wasn’t a hit at all

- 1 cover

- 1 new song

True… but at £30 odd quid a ticket back in 2005 people could probably be pleased a lot easier than £400 a ticket and being forced to endure a setlist of songs they don’t know or like…

but it won’t happen because as has been said 20405 times already, this has been announced and billed as a Greatest Hits tour…

but what if it wasn’t.. 

I present to you… 

Celebration:  The Liberal With The Truth Greatest Hits Tour 

Everybody 

Gambler

Angel

The Look of Love

Spotlight 

Dear Jessie 

Hanky Panky 

Rescue Me 

Playground 

Fever

Rain

I’ll Remember 

Bedtime Story

Nothing Really Matters 

What It Feels Like For a Girl

Die Another Day

Get Together

Sing

Miles Away

Revolver 

Revolver (Remix Interlude)

Give Me All Your Luvin

Living For Love 

Bitch I’m Madonna 

Crave 

Levitating 

I can’t deny I’d love it anyway but would likely leave after Revolver. 🤣

16 minutes ago, scion said:

True… but at £30 odd quid a ticket back in 2005 people could probably be pleased a lot easier than £400 a ticket and being forced to endure a setlist of songs they don’t know or like…

I don’t know that it was billed as a greatest hits tour but Elton’s Farewell tour had quite a few album tracks or non hits in the setlist. I don’t think people go in expecting every hit to be performed. As long as the bulk of it is songs people know and she does enough of the main obvious ones (like a virgin, like a prayer, vogue, hung up etc) then everyone will be satisfied.

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

I am fairly certain that she was still recovering from her Madame X injuries here.  

M could probably kill us all on a dancefloor. She's literally "training" for this tour while every other artist "rehearse" that's just who she is. Whatever the case I. Am. Here. For. It.

2 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

M could probably kill us all on a dancefloor. She's literally "training" for this tour while every other artist "rehearse" that's just who she is. Whatever the case I. Am. Here. For. It.

She was looking for a trainer 6 months ago. When the sex book party happened her legs looked a lot more toned than when she did the pride performance. She rehearsed a week for that and wasn’t still exactly back.

That said, We need to adjust expectations. She won’t be dancing like during the Celebration pride performance in all sections. She wasn’t dancing during all sections of the confessions tour in 2006 was she? In fact that tour is one of my favorites but outside of the last section there wasn’t a lot of dancing. She literally did Jump by walking on stage and we loved it. We shouldn’t be demanding a lot of 65 year old Madonna. She will still give us a great show but some people seem to have a lot of expectations for choreography. Her schedule already looks crazy like it is, imagine a lot of choreography involved.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t know that it was billed as a greatest hits tour but Elton’s Farewell tour had quite a few album tracks or non hits in the setlist. I don’t think people go in expecting every hit to be performed. As long as the bulk of it is songs people know and she does enough of the main obvious ones (like a virgin, like a prayer, vogue, hung up etc) then everyone will be satisfied.

Elton’s was advertised as a farewell, purposefully not a greatest hits tour, unlike Madonna.

it was also one of the worst gigs I’ve been to in the thousands I’ve seen. Song after song that the stadium crowd I was in didn’t know. People getting very restless. Massive hits missing. 

39 minutes ago, andifeel said:

Elton’s was advertised as a farewell, purposefully not a greatest hits tour, unlike Madonna.

it was also one of the worst gigs I’ve been to in the thousands I’ve seen. Song after song that the stadium crowd I was in didn’t know. People getting very restless. Massive hits missing. 

That’s interesting. He did so many shows here in Oz , he even returned a few years later for more so I had the impression it was a massive success.

I like Elton but I did not go because from the more recent footage I’ve seen he can barely grunt out a note these days.

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

She was looking for a trainer 6 months ago. When the sex book party happened her legs looked a lot more toned than when she did the pride performance. She rehearsed a week for that and wasn’t still exactly back.

That said, We need to adjust expectations. She won’t be dancing like during the Celebration pride performance in all sections. She wasn’t dancing during all sections of the confessions tour in 2006 was she? In fact that tour is one of my favorites but outside of the last section there wasn’t a lot of dancing. She literally did Jump by walking on stage and we loved it. We shouldn’t be demanding a lot of 65 year old Madonna. She will still give us a great show but some people seem to have a lot of expectations for choreography. Her schedule already looks crazy like it is, imagine a lot of choreography involved.

Jump is the only performance on that tour that is unwatchable for me. Boring.

11 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Jump is the only performance on that tour that is unwatchable for me. Boring.

Yeah but if you think about it, first section you got Future Lovers, Jump and Get Together barely have dancing and she could do those today (maybe except for the squats in get together). Second section she could do it all except Sorry’s choreo near the end. Third section has no choreography except for one song, Let It Will Be. 
I feel like the only section with lots of choreography that she couldn’t do now is the last one and that tour is promoting a dance album. But it’s such an interesting show that we never felt like it had little choreo. 

Even if this tour is mostly dance hits, it could be well out together even without a lot of dancing, and with Stuart Price arrangements…can you imagine?

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Yeah but if you think about it, first section you got Future Lovers, Jump and Get Together barely have dancing and she could do those today (maybe except for the squats in get together). Second section she could do it all except Sorry’s choreo near the end. Third section has no choreography except for one song, Let It Will Be. 
I feel like the only section with lots of choreography that she couldn’t do now is the last one and that tour is promoting a dance album. But it’s such an interesting show that we never felt like it had little choreo. 

Even if this tour is mostly dance hits, it could be well out together even without a lot of dancing, and with Stuart Price arrangements…can you imagine?

in the second section there is also the last part in Isaac

4 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Um...Music was highly choreographed and same with hung up. I agree. There is more than just dance to make a great show. 

10 hours ago, scion said:

I totally agree. Tbh I can’t even remember the VT performance, the only moment of brilliance with Everybody is the one from GS. I get that it’s a song that started it all, but it’s no hit and isn’t even particularly pleasant to listen to 🤣🫣

The Girlie Show performance was brilliant indeed.

And thoroughly deserves a place in the setlist.

Kylie only had the intermission on her 2008 tour, literally it’s been on one tour… unsure about the USA 2009 tour but by 2011 she’s been back to one continuous concert. 

Oh the memories 🤣

I for one cannot wait to see Bob, and welcome their presence at what is a pivotal time for the wider LGBT+ community.

Some people just won’t accept it’s a GH TOUR. 

I’m all for this, I’d prefer this to anything she did on MX. She’s 65ish, and has had major surgery - she isn’t going to move like MDNA or S&S, she’s so much older and that’s the reality. 

And I welcome it 😍

No. Kylie had the intermission on the Homecoming Tour and the Golden Tour as well. I was there.

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

That’s interesting. He did so many shows here in Oz , he even returned a few years later for more so I had the impression it was a massive success.

I like Elton but I did not go because from the more recent footage I’ve seen he can barely grunt out a note these days.

It was a massive hit.  The tour was extended over several years thanks to Covid, and every show managed to include most if not most all his biggest hits.  No artist is going to tour for five years under the same tour, without changes. With 300 shows and counting, no one going to a few shows can say he hasn't represented his catalog with this farewell tour when in fact he has.