Nobody can really do what Madonna has done� – Dita Von Teese

Osh Åžarif

Dita Von Teese talks about Madonna and everything from female objectification to the movie starring Cher and Christina Aguilera on the first episode of “YANN Calls…â€â€œYANN Calls…†is a new webseries that premiered today in partnership with Brasil Post (Huffington Post Brazil.)Every week, Brazilian artist Yann video-chats with a different celebrity guest. Aside from talking about their careers, they also discuss social topics that are relevant with the guest’s achievements.After being asked which pop stars she feels have incorporated elements of Burlesque successfully into their performances, Dita Von Teese said:Every persona she has taken on she’s translated to the very heights of where it could go. I don’t see anybody in modern pop music that can really do that. When I look at Madonna, I see that she gets every detail correct, and she has a good team too, but it takes someone’s leading at the top to really arrive to that. That’s why when I see pop shows I’m like ‘oh wow this isn’t very interesting’, you know, Madonna was wearing Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture on stage in the 90s.Dita Von TeeseAnd later the queen of Burlesque added: “I don’t hear anything [on the radio today] that’s relative to Prince, David Bowie, and Madonna. Stuff that really stands the test of time.â€

And later the queen of Burlesque added: “I don’t hear anything [on the radio today] that’s relative to Prince, David Bowie, and Madonna. Stuff that really stands the test of time.â€

i often feel like that too but it's also a sign of age to feel like tha, it seems.

there are some songs out there with staying power, adele's songs, for example.

other than that, i agree with dita von teese. 

i often feel like that too but it's also a sign of age to feel like tha, it seems.

there are some songs out there with staying power, adele's songs, for example.

other than that, i agree with dita von teese. 

Ha, I thought the exact same thing when I first read that. Of course, it's all subjective, but we all turn into our parents and grandparents. We repeat what they said about the newer generation of music as they got older. The truth is, most people gravitate to the music they grew up with, and eventually compares/contrasts it with the newer generation's  music. As most get older, they either aren't as interested in music as they used to be, or are quite stuck in the type of music they grew up on.  Of course, there are many who move with the times as well, but we ALL tend to always gravitate the music of our youth as the best music. That said, I can attest that there are other artists than ADELE that have staying power. Adele certainly had huge success with her last album, but that's it so far. Her first album only got recognized once her last record blew up.  Katy Perry has proven so far she has staying power as her last two records did very well, and she's not doing too shabby with her current. I think we'll be seeing more from her in the coming years, whether one likes her music or not. Pharell has proven to have staying power. Justin Timberlake is doing pretty decent as well. Robin Thicke seems to be on a streak of success as well.