Was M popular in middle and high school?

Blue Skies

I've been personally as of late thinking a lot about my middle and high school days of late.  So I figured I would start a thread.

Just going from memory I feel there's a lot of contradictions in stuff I read about her growing up.  Just going from memory on the one hand she was like a straight A student, graduated high school early, cheerleader, I think dated a football player and remember some clip of her saying she enjoying bullying weaker kids growing up.

On the other hand I've heard her say she thought she was a weirdo , freak, boys didn't like me because I didn't shave my armpits, and Chris Flynn was the 1st person to make her feel accepted anywhere.

So conclusion she was sort of popular even if she didn't think of herself as such? 

1 hour ago, Blue Skies said:

I've been personally as of late thinking a lot about my middle and high school days of late.  So I figured I would start a thread.

Just going from memory I feel there's a lot of contradictions in stuff I read about her growing up.  Just going from memory on the one hand she was like a straight A student, graduated high school early, cheerleader, I think dated a football player and remember some clip of her saying she enjoying bullying weaker kids growing up.

On the other hand I've heard her say she thought she was a weirdo , freak, boys didn't like me because I didn't shave my armpits, and Chris Flynn was the 1st person to make her feel accepted anywhere.

So conclusion she was sort of popular even if she didn't think of herself as such? 

I think it can be both. She had her people she hung out with and then was considered an outcast by other popular kids.  I always got the impression she didn't care what people thought of her.  She did things purposely to stand out.  It's not far fetch to believe that since she's still doing that today.  She has a massive group of people who love and adore her and then another group of people who despise and loathe her. She seems to have been polarizing from an early age.  Even those among the popular crowd can swing both ways and like people that others don't. Also, the football player she dated may not been as popular either.  Even still, he could not have cared how popular she is or didn't tap into those toxic games. 

I think we all tend to look back and are harsh on ourselves, thinking we weren't as popular or came off as the odd duck.  It's sorta how most of us grow up.  I don't think she was any different.  I think what seems evident is that she wasn't afraid to be the outcast. She even seem to welcome it, for just for the fact, she stood out from others. 

I think she may have felt like an outcast and had a different way of thinking than most people, but at that age also tried to fit in with her peers, it's quite common for teenagers, especially at that time when alternative lifestyles were not so visible in a high school setting. There wasn't much choice but to at least look and act like most people and then rebel over some small things. I don't think she was the most popular girl in her school, but I don't think she was the biggest rebel and weirdo either. I don't think many of her school colleagues came out with stories about her in the media when she became a celebrity?

On 12/24/2023 at 2:50 PM, androiduser said:

I think she may have felt like an outcast and had a different way of thinking than most people, but at that age also tried to fit in with her peers, it's quite common for teenagers, especially at that time when alternative lifestyles were not so visible in a high school setting. There wasn't much choice but to at least look and act like most people and then rebel over some small things. I don't think she was the most popular girl in her school, but I don't think she was the biggest rebel and weirdo either. I don't think many of her school colleagues came out with stories about her in the media when she became a celebrity?

/end thread (and effortlessly as my fella kylielover/lil'monster usually does.)