Edit History

H_GG

H_GG

9 minutes ago, Adonna said:

, I feel it was Live to Tell and much of the True Blue album.  Her voice and style definitely sounded more mature

Here's the context of her quote, she was criticized for a thin imitation (Chapel of Love by The Dixie Cups) on the True Blue song

(...) But the songs on ''True Blue'' are shrewdly crafted teen-age and pre-teen-age ditties that reveal Madonna's unfailing commercial instincts. And her singing, which has been harshly criticized as a thin imitation of the 60's girl-group sound, has strengthened.

''I grew up loving innocent child voices like Diana Ross, while she was with the Supremes, and Stevie Wonder, when he was young, and I practically swooned when I heard Frankie Lymon's records,'' she said. ''I don't know why, but I was always instinctively drawn to those voices. I don't think I sing like a woman. I sing like a girl, and it's a quality I never want to lose.''

H_GG

H_GG

2 minutes ago, Adonna said:

, I feel it was Live to Tell and much of the True Blue album.  Her voice and style definitely sounded more mature

Here's the context of her quote, she was criticized for a thin imitation on the True Blue song

(...) But the songs on ''True Blue'' are shrewdly crafted teen-age and pre-teen-age ditties that reveal Madonna's unfailing commercial instincts. And her singing, which has been harshly criticized as a thin imitation of the 60's girl-group sound, has strengthened.

''I grew up loving innocent child voices like Diana Ross, while she was with the Supremes, and Stevie Wonder, when he was young, and I practically swooned when I heard Frankie Lymon's records,'' she said. ''I don't know why, but I was always instinctively drawn to those voices. I don't think I sing like a woman. I sing like a girl, and it's a quality I never want to lose.''

Important Information

Terms of Use