Honestly, WTF, why hasn't this been released to DVD?

I love the second outfit, the black one. Are those rumours true about the original tapes being lost at the World Trade Center? That would be a nightmare since this concert deserves a re-realease. Thank God we've got the nice Laserdisc rip.

No. I don't know why people make shit up like that. And the fact that it went to LASERDISC, and not DVD, is just ridiculous.

It's odd indeed, since it's been filmed in 35mm, even a BluRay release is technically possible without having to upscale the LaserDisc or the VHS.

Was it really shot on 35mm? It does look like film, so I hope that's true. Don't know why Madonna and her people aren't interested in letting people know, remember, cherish her work with retrospectives. 

why they leave so much money on the table by not releasing these concerts (RIT, BAT included) is beyond me.  I know she said in a Q&A last year she just needed the time to "go through the archives" but c'mon...just delegate it and make some coin and make fans happy!

I don't think it's as easy as that, especially for BAT and RIT.  Both were tied to films, so I am sure there are some legalities to it all. It totally makes sense not to release a concert from both those eras, when there are two films that is heavily peppered with those performances. I'm sure Madonna would like to see them take the spotlight than the usual concert. At the same time, I would think after a number of years, and due to high demand from fans, that they would just release the two tours on DVD/BLU-Ray. We know the footage exists, and BAT actually got a limited release on Laserdisc, so it's just a matter of putting them on DVD. 

Again, I'm sure there are some legalities behind it that are keeping those two from being officially released, but why VIRGIN TOUR hasn't seen a DVD release is bewildering.

I wouldn't want an official BAT DVD shot on those primitive SD cameras from the 80s.. I'll keep the bootlegs until we can get something actually special we haven't seen before till then the bootlegs will do.

I wouldn't hold my breath!