Guy Oseary is still Madonna’s manager

Osh Åžarif

I wish this piece of shit will disappear from Nonna's life. He's direct responsible of the downfall of her career. He's behind plain money and has lured Nonna into it, granting her deals and projects that have ruined her artistic pursues and credibility.. Please, Feddie de Mann, come back, come back! Rescue our dear Nonna! Enough of that shit Kablahblah sect; enough of Malawi and, above all, enough of plastic surgery and that lank dirty hair and hideous clothes. We want your old face back, Nonna. And we want the FUN back. We don't want you to to be the "saviour" of the world, no more of those political messages, they're just a bore. Of all this, only one person is to blame: OSEARY.

I'm apologize if anyone is offended by my comments, but I've been a fan since 1985 and I think this enables me to voice an opinion.

She's always had strong political messages, if anything her music is much less political in recent years (last couple of albums), to the detriment of it.

Yes, she talks a lot about political things, but it's not in the music. Hopefully that will change on the next album, because that will be fun for me. We need more empowerment through her music like we used to have. 

Gee Roberson, CEO of the management firm, Blueprint Group, is consulting on Madonna's next album with @guyoseary according to @billboard

Billboard Cover: Why The Managers of Madonna, Miley, McCartney (And Many More) Are Prepping 'Maverick' Shake-Up to the Music Biz By Andrew Hampp | October 17, 2014

Madonna's manager vows to revolutionize music industry; Material Girl to release new album

Agenda:

Re-invent the music industry.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6288924/maverick-management-group-interview-guy-oseary-larry-rudolph-cortez-bryant-ron-laffitte-adam%20leber-gee-roberson-scott-rodger-clarence-spalding-caron-veazy

From Madonnalicious:

Guy Oseary has proven, if nothing else, that he can keep a secret. From everyone - the music industry, his colleagues, his clients, even his wife - and for months now. 

But the secret's so important, so game-changing in its scope, that it has given him the rare occasion to be in Los Angeles long enough to accommodate a four-hour-plus block of meetings, keeping at bay a schedule filled with the global itineraries that come with managing superstar acts like Madonna, U2 and Alicia Keys - not to mention a tech fund with Ashton Kutcher and billionaire Ron Burkle, A-Grade Investments, that has more than 20 companies in its portfolio.

Today, Oseary, 42, has privately invited eight of his fellow music managers to his spacious, Spanish-style Beverly Hills mansion for a barbecue - and the public reveal, to an awaiting Billboard writer and camera crew, of their first-ever joint meeting as Maverick, Oseary and Live Nation's most aggressive attempt to shake up an industry that has been plugging holes for years. None of the managers' own employees even know why their bosses will be off the grid on this humid October Tuesday. 

Joining Oseary are Laffitte Management's Ron Laffitte, I Am Other's Caron Veazey, Blueprint Group's Gee Roberson and Cortez Bryant, Reign Deer's Larry Rudolph and Adam Leber, Quest Management's Scott Rodger and Spalding Entertainment's Clarence Spalding. Collectively, they manage more than two dozen of the planet's biggest artists. And as of Oct. 17, all nine will be joining their companies and rebranding them and their respective employees as 'Maverick,' a name Oseary's client Madonna gave the label she co-founded in 1992. (Oseary led A&R at the label - at age 22 - and became chairman/CEO before it folded in 2007.)

The U2 "virus" has shown me he has no idea how music/art consumers think.

Absolutely. I like Guy, I think he's been very fan-friendly, but MDNA era (even when the tour proved to be a huge success) felt... rushed. He gets exactly where money is supposed to come from, I agree with that and I doubt Madonna would make any more money with a different manager, but artistically, like William Orbit mentioned, she used to be more involved back in the day and I would love to see Madonna more involved in the creative process of her albums (sounds like she's pretty much doing it now). I thought maybe Guy knows exactly what he's doing even when he mentioned the infamous 'non-traditional promo' line, but the U2 "virus" tend to confirm what you say and we all suspected. 

I've been liking him less lately. When fans were hating him years ago I didn't put the blame solely on him for the things that went wrong. Right now, him trying to convince everyone that the U2 thing was a good idea has left a bad taste in my mouth. 

What is good for business isn't necessarily good for art, and that's something that coorporate oriented people have a very hard time grasping. It's exactly what is wrong with the music industry and the people who run it and one of the main reasons why it's going to shit. I find it highly ironic that he's now trying to save the music industry with stunts like this.

Je suis désolé, Guy.