Madonna: 10 Styles of an Icon

groovyguy

Of the 10 listed iconic styles below, which is your favorite?

http://www.stylight.com/Love/Madonna-Fashion/#.U-y9d9LVCSo

From brazen bride to gaudy geisha, disco diva to even an Egyptian Queen, Madonna’s ever-changing style never fails to catch our attention. Time warp with us and glimpse the crazy closet she’s acquired over the years! See the iconic looks that have challenged the norm and influenced trends, from cone bras to ‘Boy Toy’ emblems, discover more about the pop icon’s trademark looks with the infographic below:

Posted Image

http://www.stylight.com/Love/Madonna-Fashion/#.U-y9d9LVCSo

Celebrating Madonna’s Life and Career

On her 56th birthday, Madonna celebrates a 34 year career, 13 albums, 22 film appearances, 10 world tours and countless fashion personas. Her style, like her music, is ever-evolving, garnering an increasing amount of fans. Even now, she breaks world records for music sales and chart-topping. Her popularity continues to reign, with industry stars such as Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj and Britney Spears all jumping at the chance to collaborate.

Madonna’s Style Influence

Armed with $35 and a dream, she left her hometown for the Big Apple in 1977, three decades later she’s a global sensation and an inspiration for a new wave of artists. After all, her music videos and public appearances were labeled ‘controversial’ long before Miley Cyrus was even born!

Undoubtedly the Queen of Pop, much of Madonna’s popularity is accredited to her sense of style, and its evolution. From the 1990 Blonde Ambition tour’s cone bra to the itty-bitty pink leotard she rocked in the 2005 Hung Up video, it´s impossible to define a single, signature style for the diva.

She once stated: “Why do I keep reinventing myself?…I’m just acting out different parts of my personality.†Perhaps that’s why she’s also borrowed the identities of Marilyn Monroe, Marie Anotinette, Evita Peron and a certain Khaleesi, from Game of Thrones.

Rihanna has previously cited this reinvention as one of her “biggest inspiration†saying, “If I had to examine her evolution through time, I think she reinvented her clothing style and music with success every single time.â€

Madonna’s Evolution Continues

She’s been the 80’s bad girl, the spiritual Kabbalah devotee, and the dancing dominatrix, all the while, awing us with her buff bod for decades. But there is something that hasn’t changed after all this time… her aspiration to rule the world; it’s been her plan since before this 1984 declaration on American Bandstand:

With rumors of a new album on the horizon we’re poised to soak up what style inspiration the diva has in store for us next! Until then, we’ll continue jamming out to our Madonna playlist on Spotify.

She definitely has a lot of iconic looks. I think my most favorite look of those 10 is the Academy Award dress and look. LOL to Michael Jackson and his bodyguard leaving Madonna standing out in the rain.