Single Reissues Campaign - Causing a Commotion - OUT NOW

New_Boy

32 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

Precisely haha. Couldn't even use the correct versions of the songs, but here we are.

It is reconstructed from the stems used in the Q-sound mixing so it is not the proper album versions.

And it's in mono... 

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Jesus that sounds horrible. Who the hell mixed this tripe? Lemme guess... Mike Dean on a bong :laughing:

It's an unbalanced conversion from Atmos to mono. You can barely hear the rear channels on YouTube. In Dolby Atmos, it sounds amazing, but if you want a proper stereo version, you need to balance the rear channels with the front channels. It took me at least an hour to do it properly.

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

It's an unbalanced conversion from Atmos to mono. You can barely hear the rear channels on YouTube. In Dolby Atmos, it sounds amazing, but if you want a proper stereo version, you need to balance the rear channels with the front channels. It took me at least an hour to do it properly.

Also... the center channel is reduced to almost -100. There are details in the center channel.

And I see that you have upgraded your profile pic to a higher quality version. :D

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

It is reconstructed from the stems used in the Q-sound mixing so it is not the proper album versions.

And it's in mono... 

Can't be. The original multitrack master would have the proper versions of Lucky Star, Borderline and Papa Don't Preach.

Just now, BoyToyMark said:

Can't be. The original multitrack master would have the proper versions of Lucky Star, Borderline and Papa Don't Preach.

With the exception of LS and Borderline... for some reason.

PDP is the actual version used in IC with the addition of the ending "Yeah... I'm gonna keep my baby, ohhh..."

7 minutes ago, Roy said:

Also... the center channel is reduced to almost -100. There are details in the center channel.

This mix is specifically crafted for Dolby Atmos listening. To achieve a good stereo version, you need to manually balance the channels, as automatic conversion ends up sounding like the YouTube version

In streaming, if your device doesn't have the capability to play Atmos, it will play the original Q-Sound stereo mix instead.

1 minute ago, Roy said:

With the exception of LS and Borderline... for some reason.

PDP is the actual version used in IC with the addition of the ending "Yeah... I'm gonna keep my baby, ohhh..."

Which means Mike Dean was literally just sent a bunch of files and chucked it into a session.

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I’m sorry to say this, but you’re condemning the Atmos mix based on a poorly converted mono version from YouTube.

That's how its been presented to the public by her team so that's how it will be judged

9 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

This mix is specifically crafted for Dolby Atmos listening. To achieve a good stereo version, you need to manually balance the channels, as automatic conversion ends up sounding like the YouTube version

In streaming, if your device doesn't have the capability to play Atmos, it will play the original Q-Sound stereo mix instead.

Yeah but when I imported the m4a file onto Audacity, the center channel is muted... almost that I have to boost it up to hear what's going on.

The spatial audio in Apple Music is clean sounding. :D

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

That's how its been presented to the public by her team so that's what will be judged :laughing:

Reductive. What you saw on YouTube was a promotional mono version of the Dolby Atmos mix on your paid streaming platform. It’s like criticizing a movie based on a bad trailer. You can criticize the bad trailer (and Warner/Madonna are to blame for that), but not the final product if you haven't listened to it properly.

10 minutes ago, Roy said:

Yeah but when I imported the m4a file onto Audacity, the center channel is muted... almost that I have to boost it up to hear what's going on.

This has been discussed several times. The TIC Atmos mix is quadraphonic (4.0), not 5.1. Some people prefer quadraphonic sound over 5.1 for music.

5 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

If ROL is done properly it could sound amazing atmos - I have the Air moon safari atmos blu ray and it’s amazing 🤩 

Out of curiosity, which do you prefer for an Atmos mix: quadraphonic or 5.1, or does it not matter to you as long as the mix is good?

10 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Be careful what you wish for. While TIC has a good Atmos mix, there are others, like Prince's 'Diamonds and Pearls,' that are so poorly done that you want to burn the person who created it in the town square.

Currently reading a Reddit thread of it and... yikes...

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Be careful what you wish for. While TIC has a good Atmos mix, there are others, like Prince's 'Diamonds and Pearls,' that are so poorly done that you want to burn the person who created it in the town square.

Stuart Price better prepare his cawk n' bawls if COADF doesn't sound good.

41 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Reductive. What you saw on YouTube was a promotional mono version of the Dolby Atmos mix on your paid streaming platform. It’s like criticizing a movie based on a bad trailer. You can criticize the bad trailer (and Warner/Madonna are to blame for that), but not the final product if you haven't listened to it properly.

I believe you that the final product works. Uploading it in mono on YouTube is not a great advertisement, or “trailer.” It sounds like a bad fan made mix.

Just now, Blue Jean said:

I believe you that the final product works. Uploading it in mono on YouTube is not a great advertisement, or “trailer.” It sounds like a bad fan made mix.

But if they do use at least the stereo mixdown, it kinda gives it away. :(

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

A good Dolby Atmos Mix may be a decent source of stems that we can create using AI tools. I wonder if Madonna's team has plans to release her albums in Dolby Atmos...

1 minute ago, Roy said:

But if they do use at least the stereo mixdown, it kinda gives it away. :(

Well isn’t it something you have to pay for? Why upload it in full anyway and in a way that destroys what it’s supposed to be? Do an actual advert or something.