Katy Perry Woman’s World Feat. Madonna?

Ayham

One last thing I say about this issue:

Thank you Katy Perry. Until this moment I never realized about Kesha's Gag Order album. What an album I just discovered.

And yes, you deserve all the "lol" tweets in your life.

And I don't care if Madonna is gonna be attached to your album. I really don't care to anything Madonna does at this point of her career and at this point of my life as a stan.

I have been fed with the Celebration Tour, tis more than enough for me.

C U Infiniters!

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

No he's not, but he's been around, plus his monster hits from 2004-2013 are worth (and generate a year) millions anyway, so I guess his ties with the industry are just too strong.

I don't know. As I said before, I also don't get why Katy would work with him again and not avoid the whole controversy she should know it was going to come with it, but maybe they're really good friends (could be) or she was really pissed off with Kesha and Gaga (??), both trying to frame her on trial saying she (Katy) was raped by him, which she denied. That's a hard pill to shallow I guess, imagine someone trying to put that on you for their own benefit or cause.

This whole saga is super messy.

She obviously believes he’s innocent. Sadly for her, the public don’t agree. Either way I don’t think doing a feminist anthem with Dr Luke is a smart move especially considering she hasn’t had a hit in 8 years.

I am also seeing a lot negative comments about the song itself. People on her insta are saying it’s cringe and the worst thing they’ve ever heard. I’m also seeing ageist comments.

32 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

One last thing I say about this issue:

Thank you Katy Perry. Until this moment I never realized about Kesha's Gag Order album. What an album I just discovered.

And yes, you deserve all the "lol" tweets in your life.

And I don't care if Madonna is gonna be attached to your album. I really don't care to anything Madonna does at this point of her career and at this point of my life as a stan.

I have been fed with the Celebration Tour, tis more than enough for me.

C U Infiniters!

Bye boo xo

23 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

She obviously believes he’s innocent. Sadly for her, the public don’t agree. Either way I don’t think doing a feminist anthem with Dr Luke is a smart move especially considering she hasn’t had a hit in 8 years.

I am also seeing a lot negative comments about the song itself. People on her insta are saying it’s cringe and the worst thing they’ve ever heard. I’m also seeing ageist comments.

All these opinions on a 10 seconds preview, people can also read the future and see complete events from now, society is so evolving 😍

4 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Just a question, so don’t bite my head off, has Dr. Luke been found guilty of any crime?

That’s my question too… why he’s free if he really did horrible stuff to girls? 🤔

8 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Just a question, so don’t bite my head off, has Dr. Luke been found guilty of any crime?

He was actually declared innocent by law. This also happened because the victim lied on some parts by making up Katy Perry herself was raped by him which didnt happen. They even reached an agreement in order not to continue the case and stopped the war in court a few years ago. But of course many online insist on this saying he's guilty anyway

23 minutes ago, Andreo said:

He was actually declared innocent by law. This also happened because the victim lied on some parts by making up Katy Perry herself was raped by him which didnt happen. They even reached an agreement in order not to continue the case and stopped the war in court a few years ago. But of course many online insist on this saying he's guilty anyway

But of course, it's silly to rake him over the coals when he hasn't been charged or convicted of anything, nor do we really know the facts.  We live in a society that some just want to believe an accusation must be true, when in a lot of cases, people lie!  They make things up to ruin people. If he did what he's been accused of, shame on him and I hope karma will resolve this. Meanwhile, I am not going to hate on him when there is no facts to back up the accusations.

After this episode starring the Katy's militia on X, trying pass the idea that she's tight to some contract to Lukasz to justify his presence on her album, I really feel miserable for all the people who idolize, who worship people that have no morals, nor empathy, nor ability to win the world. They and their worshippers are equally miserable. In fact, they both are the genesis of every conflict in the world: people with no love or respect for their neighbours and people who follow them believing they're some sort of christs or prophets. Madonna has made her share of disgraceful, questionable stuff in the past but she's human and she's smart, she knows the Poison of the Ego and about eating the Bread of Shame. Other people however...

41 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

I can't wait to stream Katy's new song.

Same. The catchy verse is stuck in my head and it's kind of a meme already among me and my bestie lol. Im pissed at how far release date is but i guess It was a good thing to let people online vent their performative rage and concerne online at her so it progressively calms during album release, at the news of that one producer being involved. Makes sense. The video is going to be high budget as well

On 6/19/2024 at 12:59 PM, Donna said:

Very well put. And like you posted also, others worked with him since allegations, but now we're having a problem with it?  To me, it's nothing the general public is gonna care about and only the haters on social media will try to make something of this.  He hasn't been charged for anything and no one here can prove anything, and both Luke and Keisha settled their difference since.  It's weird how some people can't let things go and constantly want to judge people when they have no facts themselves in why they are even bothered by any of this. 

What will be funny is if we find out he has not part of this song and all this fuss over nothing?  LOL!

The person who has most worked with him since the trial has been Kim Petras who is continually (deservedly) raked over the coals for it.  He uses aliases on his work to hide the fact that it's him (Tyson Trax, MADE IN CHINA, Loctor Duke).  When Doja Cat's Say So won a grammy in 2021 members of the recording academy were upset because they didn't know who they were voting for and didn't find out until the ceremony.  There's controversy with every single thing released by Dr. Luke, not just this new Katy Perry song.

23 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

The person who has most worked with him since the trial has been Kim Petras who is continually (deservedly) raked over the coals for it.  He uses aliases on his work to hide the fact that it's him (Tyson Trax, MADE IN CHINA, Loctor Duke).  When Doja Cat's Say So won a grammy in 2021 members of the recording academy were upset because they didn't know who they were voting for and didn't find out until the ceremony.  There's controversy with every single thing released by Dr. Luke, not just this new Katy Perry song.

The thing is; we live in a society that won't let things go.  Even if you're not guilty of something, the moment you are accused, everyone wants you to shrivel up and die.  I personally think that's horrible. We all make mistakes.  And in this case, we don't know what really happened, and no one was charged or convicted. Both parties settled the dispute and moved on.  So he's supposed to just disappear forever and never work again?  Whatever one wants to believe is their prerogative, but it doesn't mean what you believe is true.  How would you like to be accused of something so horrific, but it's not true?  How would you like to have it held over your head for the rest of your life and struggle to get jobs. Like mentioned, none of us knows what really happened.  My thought, if both parties are able to put to bed without either side having legal consequences then maybe the public needs to let it go too.  The fact is;  people will think what they want, but life goes on, and any fair person will let him continue to work without holding this over his head.

1 hour ago, Donna said:

The thing is; we live in a society that won't let things go.  Even if you're not guilty of something, the moment you are accused, everyone wants you to shrivel up and die.  I personally think that's horrible. We all make mistakes.  And in this case, we don't know what really happened, and no one was charged or convicted. Both parties settled the dispute and moved on.  So he's supposed to just disappear forever and never work again?  Whatever one wants to believe is their prerogative, but it doesn't mean what you believe is true.  How would you like to be accused of something so horrific, but it's not true?  How would you like to have it held over your head for the rest of your life and struggle to get jobs. Like mentioned, none of us knows what really happened.  My thought, if both parties are able to put to bed without either side having legal consequences then maybe the public needs to let it go too.  The fact is;  people will think what they want, but life goes on, and any fair person will let him continue to work without holding this over his head.

I don't know, something about Kelly Clarkson saying that she believes everything Kesha says and that she was blackmailed and bullied when working with Dr. Luke makes me believe it's all true.  Kelly worked with him several times in the beginning of her career (Since U Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes, My Life Would Suck Without You) and has nothing but bad things to say about the guy.  Taylor Swift donated $250,000 to help pay for Kesha's legal fees, and there were a number of artists that all publicly supported her.  Sexual assault is notoriously difficult to prove in court years later but in this case (for me at least) where there's smoke there's fire.

I'm all for compassion to someone who's made a mistake like twenty years ago saying a slur for gays, but has in that time apologized and shown personal growth.  This is a totally different magnitude that I'm not entirely sure someone should ever be rid of the stigma of.  Obviously no one wants to be accused of something they didn't do, but when enough celebrities (who aren't currently under some sort of recording contract prohibiting the badmouthing of their producer/record label) are speaking up, it's a pretty good sign.

26 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

I don't know, something about Kelly Clarkson saying that she believes everything Kesha says and that she was blackmailed and bullied when working with Dr. Luke makes me believe it's all true.  Taylor Swift donated $250,000 to help pay for Kesha's legal fees, and there were a number of artists that all publicly supported her.  Sexual assault is notoriously difficult to prove in court years later but in this case (for me at least) where there's smoke there's fire.

I think when the magnitude of an offence is something like rape or a violent attack (like R Kelly, Chris Brown, Dr Luke) even if not convicted by a court should prevent future success in the music industry.  They can all get jobs bagging groceries if they're not in prison.

But like with anything, we all know there will be those who are hugely influential who will take sides to things that might not be true or credible. Just look at all those celebrities who endorse Trump.  It baffles me to the core, but at the same time some of those entertainers I do enjoy still, even knowing they are avid Trump supporters. 

I agree sexual assualt should never be taken lightly and in many cases, especially when it is revealed years later, it's harder to prove.  But we also know Keisha lied about things as well.  So I can see how her credibility is shot as well.  I guess for me, I am not ready to just put some out to pasture based on accusations that weren't proven.  If it truly happen, it's unfortunate that he was able to settle it without consequences, but I don't think that is true in this case, because it seems a lot of people are still hesitant to work with him, just based on the discussion we are having here.  Still, if there is any reason of doubt, I will not wish him to lose his livelihood, knowing it's so easy for any of us to be accused of something (even by the most reputable sources) that isn't true.  While I adore Kelly Clarkson, I can't say I will just drop everything and believe it happened, just because what she's said and done regarding the issue. After all, we know even the best people can be biased. :)

12 hours ago, Donna said:

It doesn’t exactly seems settled does it thought with Keshas 

LOL

tweet a few minutes after Katy debuted to preview. Seems there is unfinished business there and we all know the law at this level of wealth is seldom fair. “Settled” never really worked for Michael Jackson did it.