Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

On 7/24/2024 at 11:54 AM, proxy said:

Dear fans, I hope you put the same energy into supporting LAP now, as you commenting here about M looks :kiss2: Please stream & share song/video, this is the moment, we don’t know if another opportunity like that will ever happen again. Let’s show support :Madonna057: 

You can use this playlist if you want 😘

Also remember to Shazam LAP 😉

From FB 

IMG-9114.jpg 

“The picture never makes it clear, I'm telling you so you don't get your hopes up, they never take off the mask, yes, Madonna is the most important because they make jokes with her and like a prayer is the song that plays the most and in the most scenes”

“Guys, I'll just tell you that you might get goosebumps 🐔 🤭

Facebook users

Just a note- Marvel & DC and comics in general, are not only for straight people. Quite the opposite. There's lots of LGBTQ+ fans and characters. Deadpool being a clear example of sexual fluidity (declared pansexual) and breaking hetero normative. It's a really extreme take to think Deadpool is only for  hetero audience.

1119561.jpg

7 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Hidden Content

• Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

the eye doesnt work anymore

So the eye is only option to hide spoilers, its must be done by user itself, for moment I thought there was an automatic filter who hides all spoilers in forum lol

1 minute ago, proxy said:

So the eye is only option to hide spoilers, its must be done by user itself, for moment I thought there was an automatic filter who hides all spoilers in forum lol

no no you use the eye for spoilers and the lock to hide links, yourself! :)

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Just a note- Marvel & DC and comics in general, are not only for straight people. Quite the opposite. There's lots of LGBTQ+ fans and characters. Deadpool being a clear example of sexual fluidity (declared pansexual) and breaking hetero normative. It's a really extreme take to think Deadpool is only for  hetero audience.

In fact, the X-Men of the 70s and 80s were a metaphor for the gay community (having to hide who they are, being hated for being born that way, etc.). This message gradually faded as the X-Men became Marvel's most famous comic. And Marvel's first gay character appeared in the X-Men (Northstar) in the mid-80s.

EGi8NaYUcAEZJkT.jpg:large

NS9.jpg

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

In fact, the X-Men of the 70s and 80s were a metaphor for the gay community (having to hide who they are, being hated for being born that way, etc.). This message gradually faded as the X-Men became Marvel's most famous comic. And Marvel's first gay character appeared in the X-Men (Northstar) in the mid-80s.

EGi8NaYUcAEZJkT.jpg:large

NS9.jpg

Yes Northstar was part of Alpha Flight thought , he was the twin sister of Aurora. Alpha Flight were a Canadian supergroup linked to Wolverine, hence they ended up in X-men ('Uncanny' if I remember well)

14 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Yes Northstar was part of Alpha Flight thought , he was the twin sister of Aurora. Alpha Flight were a Canadian supergroup linked to Wolverine, hence they ended up in X-men ('Uncanny' if I remember well)

Yes, Northstar was from Alpha Flight, and his creator (Byrne) had made him gay from the start, but the homophobic editor refused to let him come out. The first time his homosexuality is revealed is in the X-Men issue I uploaded pages from. It took years to confirm it in a Marvel comic-book, but the signs were deliberately there from the beginning. He was also the first Marvel superhero to have a same-sex wedding

kyle-jinadu-northstar-wedding-astonishin

5 hours ago, EgoRod said:

LAP is one of the most heteroaccepted songs by Madonna. Just after  Into the Groove, but being in the deadline of 80s-90s gives it a wider reach. It's the one everyone claps and sing along in hen parties, weddings or retro events.

Heteroaccepted is my new favorite word of the day. I thought Holiday would be #1 in that category but maybe that cowbell is too gay.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, Northstar was from Alpha Flight, and his creator (Byrne) had made him gay from the start, but the homophobic editor refused to let him come out. The first time his homosexuality is revealed is in the X-Men issue I uploaded pages from. It took years to confirm it in a Marvel comic-book, but the signs were deliberately there from the beginning. He was also the first Marvel superhero to have a same-sex wedding

kyle-jinadu-northstar-wedding-astonishin

This was thanks to Christian Cooper, he also took on his hands the Marvel's Swimsuit Special and made it super gay.

I loved the Swimsuit Special when i was a kid.

So Ryan Reynolds said that Madonna gave him a note to what to do in last moment and they had to change the some part of music in last moment. And he said that it made improve huge impact that scene. I think that it is the moment "Let the choir sing~~" part. As soon as Madonna sings that part, there's a big bang in the next action scene and I believe Madonna advised that part.