Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

19 hours ago, Adonna said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ugl5bdwgd2s9l4w9c3

I don't get it... You're saying someone at Getty Images photoshopped all the pics they took of her? And coincidentally happens to be photoshopping the same sunken cheek look as the alleged sunken cheek filter Madonna uses on all her pics? Did this person also do 911?

15 minutes ago, godonna said:

I don't get it... You're saying someone at Getty Images photoshopped all the pics they took of her? And coincidentally happens to be photoshopping the same sunken cheek look as the alleged sunken cheek filter Madonna uses on all her pics? Did this person also do 911?

911?  Don't be so dense and insenstive!  Nothing I said remotely has anything to do with 911.  Don't EVER compare what I said to 911.  Too many people have lost their lives to that event to even joke or insinuate my comments even relate. :thumbsdown:

I'm saying even the images we all love and enjoy are greatly photoshopped even by the media.  And. yes, their are filters that make you cheeks more sucken in.  KEEP UP!!!

22 hours ago, Adonna said:

I think she's always had a huge SILENT straight base.  Society can be a bitch and some just didn't admit their love for her when they really did enjoy her.  The "macho" attitude has really changed over the last decade. 

No. But I do think that society has put on this stupid pressure for straight men to act a certain way. I think Gay men should be able to relate to that because they were forced to suppress who they are and still are in many ways because the criticisms and lack of acceptance even in their own family.  I think we've come a long way in accepting the LGBTQ+ community, but even still we have individuals who hide who they really are and mostly because of their family or environment setting. But that's changing every year.  I feel before Madonna leave this earth, she will be revered as someone strong when it comes to the acceptance of minorities especially  regarding sexuality.  This idea that people are criticize for their sexual preference is ridiculous.  You can bet more and more people are going to dismiss such criticisms and realize Madonna was the forefront of accepting sexual identity.

I was joking!!! C'me on, I put two ironic emoticons at the end of that obviously stupid question :lol: It's 25 years, since my first university day, I go on studying social anthropology and what I do every day for a living is to meet, listen to and help people to face their difficulties as a counselor. How can you imagine me writing such a stereotyped phrase with an even remotely serious attitude? I have to say I feel kind of disappointed right now, I mean, we do chat a lot on here ...  :Madonna038:

2 minutes ago, stefo said:

I was joking!!! C'me on, I put two ironic emoticons at the end of that obviously stupid question :lol: It's 25 years, since my first university day, I go on studying cultural anthropology and what I do every day for a living is to meet, listen to and help people to face their difficulties as a counselor. How can you imagine me writing such a stereotyped phrase with an even remotely serious attitude? I have to say I feel kind of disappointed right now, I mean, we do chat a lot on here ...  :Madonna038:

I think you misinterpreted my post.  I was just elaborating on such.  It had nothing to do with criticizing what you posted.  You may were joking, but you also proposed what many think outside of her fan base.  If it helps, I'll end with a smiley face, but know I've always enjoyed our civil conversations.  I definitely respect anything you post.  :)

7 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I think you misinterpreted my post.  I was just elaborating on such.  It had nothing to do with criticizing what you posted.  You may were joking, but you also proposed what many think outside of her fan base.  If it helps, I'll end with a smiley face, but know I've always enjoyed our civil conversations.  I definitely respect anything you post.  :)

No problem then. I saw your post quoted my knida humrous post so, of course elaborating your point, I thought you were also answering to that. So when it came to "This idea that people are criticize for their sexual preference is ridiculous" I really was WTF??? :lol: It's ok anyway, a normal chat misunderstanding :cute: I respect you too.

11 minutes ago, stefo said:

No problem then. I saw your post quoted my knida humrous post so, of course elaborating your point, I thought you were also answering to that. So when it came to "This idea that people are criticize for their sexual preference is ridiculous" I really was WTF??? :lol:It's ok anyway, a normal chat misunderstanding :cute: I respect you too.

Yeah, it's easy to misconstrue people's words.  Anyway, my point was there are a lot of straight men who love Madonna, but due to ridiculous societal pressures, they won't admit it.  Music is music.  People shouldn't be ashamed to liking an artist because they are greatly influential to a sexual identity beyond them. :)

3 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

$ and Madonna not wanting to detour streaming and sales of her own album(s)

It's a smart and strategic move.  It plays a significant role in the film, so those who are interested will seek out the song afterwards.  Hopefully, the usuage of the song in the film is a memorable scene as it would be to any fan to just any casual or non-fan.  :)

2 hours ago, I am madonna said:

I've just read reviews from people who watched the movie! Oh my god! Straight men talk about Madonna songs!!! Like a prayer come out in the latter part of the movie, and they say they're getting ecstatic when like a prayer playing because of the movie theater's amazing sound system and of course that scene is fucking absolutely amazing!!!. And some straight men are even writing reviews that Madonna's song played the biggest role in Deadpool's success!!!! Oh my god! And right now straight men are looking for Madonna songs, asking if the Deadpool version remix has not been released yet!!!! OMG OMG! And other straight man says that he gonna watch Deadpool again and again just because Madonna's Like a prayer scene!! Now I see why Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are promoting so hard Madonna's Like a prayer in deadpool Promo tour! 

I think “like a prayer” just has that special sauce that appeals to everyone, including straight dudes. I took my very straight nephew 25 to the Celebration tour simply bc he was in town, I had tickets and it would be a fun family experience. He doesn’t know any of her music but the next morning his mom, my sister, told me  was streaming “like a prayer” in the hotel room.

6 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I think “like a prayer” just has that special sauce that appeals to everyone, including straight dudes. I took my very straight nephew 25 to the Celebration tour simply bc he was in town, I had tickets and it would be a fun family experience. He doesn’t know any of her music but the next morning his mom, my sister, told me  was streaming “like a prayer” in the hotel room.

Ok but CRIME that the popular versions Of Like A Prayer is that 50 / 50 good and bad album version instead of the 7" version, when I saw it on a video online I got some kind of feeling from seeing that dry version being used aren't people always looking for shiny music nowadays? 

2 hours ago, stefo said:

My opinion is always the same. I can't see it as a coincidence, it's a marketing operation and has a precise signature: Warner Music.

They are getting back her credibility, thaey are using all the possible channels to make her historic tracks back to their well deserved glory. The actors of the movie are talking a lot about the song, the brilliance of the scene and her role in the improvement basically in every interview. They are asked to do so, it's part of the deal. She also went to the premiere in London, I mean ... who goes to a premiere just cause they use one of their old songs? Instead of what told in front of the cameras, Warner was probably looking for the right big movie to make an operation like this. I can be wrong of course, but I'm quite convinced this is another good marketing step, moved by her company.

While I agree with everything you said, and think that Warner is definitely helping all of this happen… I did see that NSYNC (sans Justin) and Avril Lavigne also showed up to the premiere cause their old songs are included (“Bye, Bye, Bye” & “I’m With You”)

IMG_0473.jpeg

IMG_0474.jpeg

11 minutes ago, zephyr in the sky at night said:

While I agree with everything you said, and think that Warner is definitely helping all of this happen… I did see that NSYNC (sans Justin) and Avril Lavigne also showed up to the premiere cause their old songs are included (“Bye, Bye, Bye” & “I’m With You”)

IMG_0473.jpeg

IMG_0474.jpeg

Well, no doubt there are many going to take this moment to get some exposure, but it's quite apparent that Madonna's team is making the most of it.  Whether it helps or not, we'll have to see? The fact is; they are talking of her song in the interviews, not anyone elses/

I've not really seen a huge resurgence regarding LAP since the first trailer was released, but there is no doubt her team is pressing hard for it to catch on.  In the coming days, will be the real test.  The issue is if the public is able to detect too much corporate push, they will not respond.  At the same time, Madonna might be in a good position that many are willing to appreciate she's apart of this. :)

I stil don't believe her song inclusion will be massively successful as to what some are comparing to Kate Bush's "Running Up The Hill", but I welcome any initial push and appreciation that comes from this.:party:

24 minutes ago, zephyr in the sky at night said:

IMG_0473.jpeg

IMG_0474.jpeg

I didn't now it, thanks. 

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

911?  Don't be so dense and insenstive!  Nothing I said remotely has anything to do with 911.  Don't EVER compare what I said to 911.  Too many people have lost their lives to that event to even joke or insinuate my comments even relate. :thumbsdown:

I'm saying even the images we all love and enjoy are greatly photoshopped even by the media.  And. yes, their are filters that make you cheeks more sucken in.  KEEP UP!!!

So you're doubling down that someone at Getty Images is photoshopping all the pics released of Madonna?

Standard beauty filters don't add a dark shadow to evoke sunken in cheeks. So Madonna would've had to find a specific sunken cheek filter that she adds onto all her standard beauty filtered pics... And just by chance, someone from Getty Images is being paid (I hope) to photoshop the same sunken cheek shadow onto all Madonna's candid pics. And that would be his only job, bearing in mind Getty Images doesn't photoshop celebrity pics.

This guy would've also had to hack the phones of hundreds of audience members to edit the pics they took of Madonna at this event, too. As we can see the same cheek shadow in every fan pic, this guy must've been very busy and paid very well... by MI5.

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.6b62005b414c66fbf4dd746b1a91f575.jpg

The only other explanation is that you're wrong.

9 minutes ago, stefo said:

I didn't now it, thanks. 

I just saw it earlier myself - I don’t know if this is normal, or if Ryan Reynolds invented them all. Do other people show up to movie premieres if their songs are included? “If I Could Turn Back Time” is in Deadpool 2, wonder if Cher showed up for that premiere 🤣

3 hours ago, godonna said:

So you're doubling down that someone at Getty Images is photoshopping all the pics released of Madonna?

Standard beauty filters don't add a dark shadow to evoke sunken in cheeks. So Madonna would've had to find a specific sunken cheek filter that she adds onto all her standard beauty filtered pics... And just by chance, someone from Getty Images is being paid (I hope) to photoshop the same sunken cheek shadow onto all Madonna's candid pics. And that would be his only job, bearing in mind Getty Images doesn't photoshop celebrity pics.

This guy would've also had to hack the phones of hundreds of audience members to edit the pics they took of Madonna at this event, too. As we can see the same cheek shadow in every fan pic, this guy must've been very busy and paid very well... by MI5.

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.6b62005b414c66fbf4dd746b1a91f575.jpg

The only other explanation is that you're wrong.

Nah. you're just assuming more than I say and overdramatizing things. Not interested in going any further with this silly and nonsensical conversation!  The fact is; she looks great. Next!! :bubblebitch:

2 hours ago, Adonna said:

Well, no doubt there are many going to take this moment to get some exposure, but it's quite apparent that Madonna's team is making the most of it.  Whether it helps or not, we'll have to see? The fact is; they are talking of her song in the interviews, not anyone elses/

I've not really seen a huge resurgence regarding LAP since the first trailer was released, but there is no doubt her team is pressing hard for it to catch on.  In the coming days, will be the real test.  The issue is if the public is able to detect too much corporate push, they will not respond.  At the same time, Madonna might be in a good position that many are willing to appreciate she's apart of this. :)

I stil don't believe her song inclusion will be massively successful as to what some are comparing to Kate Bush's "Running Up The Hill", but I welcome any initial push and appreciation that comes from this.:party:

I think the big difference between LAP and RUTH is that LAP was a huge mainstream pop hit in 1989, had its 15 minutes of controversy etc.  RUTH in 1985 was a modest hit in the US, barely cracking the top 40 and Kate bush remained unknown to the general US audience so it felt like a true discovery to many in 2022. I was in high school during Kate bush’s “the hounds of love” album and it was part of my high school posse’s musical lexicon but I’d  bet most of my fellow classmates heard the song for the first time while watching “Stranger Things” with their own teenagers.

btw what a clever way for Madonna to pull in a wider audience for her biopic than being “the lady with the Deadpool song” 

1 hour ago, Magic Pussy said:

I think the big difference between LAP and RUTH is that LAP was a huge mainstream pop hit in 1989, had its 15 minutes of controversy etc.  RUTH in 1985 was a modest hit in the US, barely cracking the top 40 and Kate bush remained unknown to the general US audience so it felt like a true discovery to many in 2022. I was in high school during Kate bush’s “the hounds of love” album and it was part of my high school posse’s musical lexicon but I’d  bet most of my fellow classmates heard the song for the first time while watching “Stranger Things” with their own teenagers.

btw what a clever way for Madonna to pull in a wider audience for her biopic than being “the lady with the Deadpool song” 

I agree, but I feel the fact that song was so integrated into STRANGER THINGS. It was nearly in every episode and became the theme song for the character MAX.  The played an intricate part in saving her life.  People latched onto to and it took off.  I didn't feel like Kate or her record company were really pushing the song to be the success it became. With Like A Prayer, I feel like there is a huge push to get the song out there again. It won't have the same genuine effect as RUTH during the Stranger Things success. Still, it's not impossible that people latch onto LAP and make it somewhat of a success again.  I just don't believe it will have the same impact of RUTH though. :)

5 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

LAP is one of the most heteroaccepted songs by Madonna. Just after  Into the Groove, but being in the deadline of 80s-90s gives it a wider reach. It's the one everyone claps and sing along in hen parties, weddings or retro events.

10 hours ago, I am madonna said:

I've just read reviews from people who watched the movie! Oh my god! Straight men talk about Madonna songs!!! Like a prayer come out in the latter part of the movie, and they say they're getting ecstatic when like a prayer playing because of the movie theater's amazing sound system and of course that scene is fucking absolutely amazing!!!. And some straight men are even writing reviews that Madonna's song played the biggest role in Deadpool's success!!!! Oh my god! And right now straight men are looking for Madonna songs, asking if the Deadpool version remix has not been released yet!!!! OMG OMG! And other straight man says that he gonna watch Deadpool again and again just because Madonna's Like a prayer scene!! Now I see why Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are promoting so hard Madonna's Like a prayer in deadpool Promo tour! 

Madonna the Queen of straights that you are, it’s finally happening 👑

Cry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN