Ryan Reynolds had to meet Madonna in person to get permission to use 'Like a Prayer' in Deadpool & Wolverine

proxy

Why are people so pissed on this ? The song was a massive hit in 1989 - pretty much everyone over the age of 30 knows it - why do you care so much - her team can only do so much to flog a dead horse - if people prefer bye bye it just means they want a more jolly upbeat song which LAP isn’t - get over it FFS and just buy the silver vinyl and forget about the wonderful demos we won’t get from this era 😉🥹🙄

6 minutes ago, proxy said:

And this is how the incompetence of Madonna team ends, versions of LAP not merged on Spotify, EP released two weeks too late. Guy Oseary you are a piece of shit for let this flop happen! Rip Like a Prayer, meanwhile *NSYNC is everywhere  :Madonna051:  IMG_4748.thumb.jpeg.6df06d94c175c5c8692a13ad90313370.jpeg

"B-b-but, M was so smart, there's a silver LAP vynil coming in fall, she secured her money!1!1!1"

2 hours ago, Scottyx said:

freaking out over nothing, mechanical license is required. she's rollin the dough.

Right! She's credited as the writer/producer of the song, just like Pat Leonard.  The choir that sang it, is considered the "artist" covering the song.  It's no different than Whitney Houston being billed for her cover of Dolly's "I'll Always Love You".  She isn't listed as the artist for Whitney's version, but if you look up the credits, she is listed as writer.  This is normal for any cover song.  It's strange how some are getting butt hurt over a song that is virtually a "cover".  Look at any other Madonna cover on Spotify.  Her name isn't listed as the artist either.  Still, she would be credited as writer/producer. She will get paid for it.  But those covers would not be counted within her own original versions. 

1 hour ago, Adonna said:

Right! She's credited as the writer/producer of the song, just like Pat Leonard.  The choir that sang it, is considered the "artist" covering the song.  It's no different than Whitney Houston being billed for her cover of Dolly's "I'll Always Love You".  She isn't listed as the artist for Whitney's version, but if you look up the credits, she is listed as writer.  This is normal for any cover song.  It's strange how some are getting butt hurt over a song that is virtually a "cover".  Look at any other Madonna cover on Spotify.  Her name isn't listed as the artist either.  Still, she would be credited as writer/producer. She will get paid for it.  But those covers would not be counted within her own original versions. 

So where Madonna is listed here as author or producer? 
IMG_4757.thumb.png.c0eb6a874a30e57edbad072b2145aae0.png

3 minutes ago, proxy said:

You really think she's not getting any kick back from this?  She and Pat will be paid, whether it's listed on that linked image you posted or not.  Some of these listings don't add all the info like it should be.  Obviously, it's not complete. She and Pat should be listed under Author.  You guys are freaking out over something silly.  It's not a big deal.  You can bet she and Part are getting fully paid for this.

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

You really think she's not getting any kick back from this?  She and Pat will be paid, whether it's listed on that linked image you posted or not.  Some of these listings don't add all the info like it should be.  Obviously, it's not complete. She and Pat should be listed under Author.  You guys are freaking out over something silly.  It's not a big deal.  You can bet she and Part are getting fully paid for this.

It’s not about if she will be paid for it, it’s on official playlist & streams don’t count for Madonna, they should add Battle Royale Mix like on Apple Music official playlist. 

8 minutes ago, proxy said:

It’s not about if she will be paid for it, it’s on official playlist & streams don’t count for Madonna, they should add Battle Royale Mix like on Apple Music official playlist. 

No, she doesn't sing on it, so like a cover (as I explained before), it should not be counted among the original song, just as I pointed out in the Dolly Parton song that Whitney covered.  Whitney gets those stream counts, not Dolly.  However the artists still get paid. That's how it works. 

It's apparent to me, that some some people will find anything to complain here. The song is doing wonderfully well, and you're trying to find fault in it for the silliest reasons.  You're trying to make up new rules that never applied for anyone before.  No one counts a cover song into the original artists streams of the original songs.  I'm amazed at some who are very "in the know" of how streaming works are getting upset over this.

6 minutes ago, Adonna said:

No, she doesn't sing on it, so like a cover (as I explained before), it should not be counted among the original song, just as I pointed out in the Dolly Parton song that Whitney covered.  Whitney gets those stream counts, not Dolly.  However the artists still get paid. That's how it works. 

It's apparent to me, that some some people will find anything to complain here. The song is doing wonderfully well, and you're trying to find fault in it for the silliest reasons.  You're trying to make up new rules that never applied for anyone before.  No one counts a cover song into the original artists streams of the original songs.  I'm amazed at some who are very "in the know" of how streaming works are getting upset over this.

What are even talk about, Battle Royale Mix is not a cover, they should add to official playlist on Spotify. That’s what I’m talking about, but you constantly writing about Choir Version, and explaining to me over & over again something I understand lol

22 minutes ago, proxy said:

What are even talk about, Battle Royale Mix is not a cover, they should add to official playlist on Spotify. That’s what I’m talking about, but you constantly writing about Choir Version, and explaining to me over & over again something I understand lol

46 minutes ago, proxy said:

Umm because that's the version I was referring to when you decided to quote my comment that was addressed to another member. Also, you posted the "Choir Version"  credits image, questioning the author/producer whereabouts.  I was talking about the Choir version when you quoted me.  So naturally that is what I thought you were referring to.

Anyway, Madonna gets credit for the other versions, beyond writing.  So again, you're getting upset over nothing. I have no idea why you quoted me in the first place if you weren't talking about the Choir version and credit as artist on it?  That's what I was talking about with the other member??

5 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Yet, you quoted me and posted the "Choir Version" credits as your defense here.  I was talking about the Choir version when you quoted me.

Anyway, Madonna gets credit for the other versions, beyond writing.  So again, you're getting upset over nothing.  But of course the Royale Mix isn't going to be counted among the streams of other LAP versions as well.  Each version is counted separately. 

5 hours ago, proxy said:

So they added to official playlist on Spotify, the Choir Version that dosen't recognize Madonna, the sabotage from her team is unbelievable. They seriously hate her :dead:  

This is my whole point, they should add both versions on official Spotify playlists, like they did on Apple Music, that’s all. 

40 minutes ago, proxy said:

This is my whole point, they should add both versions on official Spotify playlists, like they did on Apple Music, that’s all. 

Okay cool!  Again, not sure why you quoted me in the first place?

Anyway, nothing is being sabotaged here. You and some others are making a mountain out of a molehill.  We should be celebrating and ecstatic in how much attention LAP is getting at the moment.  But like anything, even when something really great happens, there are some who will try and find something negative to it.  Just chill and enjoy the moment!  The streams are very good and the attention towards the song is phenomenal at the moment. :party:

17 minutes ago, proxy said:

People start to disrespecting original song… IMG_4768.thumb.jpeg.e0e2ef7b84a58fb53e4f9ab958a82615.jpeg

We're all Tokischas, we love the drama...

But let's relax, it's just a meme. Of course some Marvel macho fans will never admit they like an artist like Madonna (while dancing to "Like A Prayer" when no one's watching).

46 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Of course some Marvel macho fans will never admit they like an artist like Madonna (while dancing to "Like A Prayer" when no one's watching).

It's actually a girl, the disrespect & ignorance towards Madonna & Patrick Leonard :Madonna023:

Just now, Andreo said:

There's actually nothing insulting in this?

Really, "It's a Madonna song" "it will be played for a second", like using "Madonna song" is something bad, or her music is boring or something. 

26 minutes ago, proxy said:

Really, "It's a Madonna song" "it will be played for a second", like using "Madonna song" is something bad, or her music is boring or something. 

No, to me this just reads as 'they will simply use a old hit in a movie like always and thats it' when in reality this song makes an important moment and the whole climax is built around it, which would be unexpected to those who didnt see the movie yet