Madonna LIKE A PRAYER (Deadpool) EP OUT NOW!!

2 hours ago, Askeroff said:

Can they mix battle version with choir  add verses and make proper 6-7 min version

that 2-48 version its a crime   

Give it a few days, a wonderful and talented DJ (fan) will definitely turn this into something more epic, using the full song.  I can't wait to see what is going to come of this from the remixers.  :party:

2 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Im sad the songs isn't on the official soundtrack, it's THE song of the movie. It's a goosebumps moment. 

Yeah, but remember this forces people to actually search out Madonna's catalog for the song, and that's what's been happening.  I think she and her team know exactly what they are doing and they purposely let this build up, and then "wham" released an EP.  My only wish is they release physical copies of this now.  I'd love a physical 7 inch vinyl of this.  But I won't hold my breath.

Someone mentioned this before/earlier (I think it was prayer) that Madonna didn't allow LAP to be part of the official soundtrack(s). 

They are probably now realizing how a massive mistake that was considering if the film does break 1 billion. It would've been another record for her to take in the soundtrack genre. The movie is now at 924 million and people are estimating it to break 1billion by Sunday and we're only 3 weeks in. It's already the highest grossing rated movie ever. And if it continues for another month, it could easily get in the top 20 to 10 highest grossing movies of all time.

How I wish she's starting to realize she's surrounded by FOOLS!

1 minute ago, Piksel8 said:

Someone mentioned this before/earlier (I think it was prayer) that Madonna didn't allow LAP to be part of the official soundtrack(s). 

They are probably now realizing how a massive mistake that was considering if the film does break 1 billion. It would've been another record for her to take in the soundtrack genre. The movie is now at 924 million and people are estimating it to break 1billion by Sunday and we're only 3 weeks in. It's already the highest grossing rated movie ever. And if it continues for another month, it could easily get in the top 20 to 10 highest grossing movies of all time.

How I wish she's starting to realize she's surrounded by FOOLS!

I think this was intentional.  I think they wanted the song to peak people's interest.  Make people search for it in her catalog, rather make it available to the Soundtrack.  I think they were waiting for the momentum to build and then release the EP independently.  Doing it this way, it really singles Madonna out.  I truly believe that this is why she rarely licenses her songs out on compilation projects that isn't hers to force people to check out her catalog for the songs and keep the songs exclusively on her official releases.

53 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

This is cool!

Wish they'd released the album mix with that added dance beat over it. It just gives it an extra kick.

Exactly, the Deadpool version seems incomplete and choppy

10 minutes ago, xavier said:

Exactly, the Deadpool version seems incomplete and choppy

Isn't it just the way it's being heard in the film?  But I do agree I would love to hear this version mixed with a full version of the song.  I suspect some DJ/mixer/fan will do it soon.  :)

3 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Isn't it just the way it's being heard in the film?  But I do agree I would love to hear this version mixed with a full version of the song.  I suspect some DJ/mixer/fan will do it soon.  :)

Yes it is

but I thought they would at least give a full version for the EP.

13 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Make people search for it in her catalog, rather make it available to the Soundtrack.  I think they were waiting for the momentum to build and then release the EP independently.  Doing it this way, it really singles Madonna out.  I truly believe that this is why she rarely licenses her songs out on compilation projects that isn't hers to force people to check out her catalog for the songs and keep the songs exclusively on her official releases.

That seems counter intuitive considering there are 2 versions of LAP that were used. As a result the stream counts are broken/split (and will further break more with the new Ep) instead of concentrating the count into their respective singles thus making it into the charts. That's what nsync did and they got back into the top global streams.

While i do wish the best for this Ep to get high stream counts, that peak period to get the most out from engaged movie audience is gone. It will possibly have a resurgence when the movie becomes available on disney plus, but it's going continue to trail behind bye bye bye. Disney probably did not anticipate bye x3 to sky rocket more considering through all the junkets and interview it was Madonna LAP that they frequently promoted.

23 minutes ago, Adonna said:

I think this was intentional.  I think they wanted the song to peak people's interest.  Make people search for it in her catalog, rather make it available to the Soundtrack.  I think they were waiting for the momentum to build and then release the EP independently.  Doing it this way, it really singles Madonna out.  I truly believe that this is why she rarely licenses her songs out on compilation projects that isn't hers to force people to check out her catalog for the songs and keep the songs exclusively on her official releases.

Totally disagree! Her team are fucking useless and don't have a clue. As someone else on here said, this was rush released. This should have been released two weeks ago, with the versions merged and reset on Spotify, but at least they have finally done something 🤦

4 minutes ago, xavier said:

So what was the point of re-recording the chorus 

so Nikki wouldn’t get royalties 😂😜🤪

No because you still hear her in the song singing the lead to the choir

5 minutes ago, xavier said:

Yes it is

but I thought they would at least give a full version for the EP.

I doubting a version exists. I think this was constructed specifically for the score of the film.

15 minutes ago, Piksel8 said:

That seems counter intuitive considering there are 2 versions of LAP that were used. As a result the stream counts are broken/split (and will further break more with the new Ep) instead of concentrating the count into their respective singles thus making it into the charts. That's what nsync did and they got back into the top global streams.

While i do wish the best for this Ep to get high stream counts, that peak period to get the most out from engaged movie audience is gone. It will possibly have a resurgence when the movie becomes available on disney plus, but it's going continue to trail behind bye bye bye. Disney probably did not anticipate bye x3 to sky rocket more considering through all the junkets and interview it was Madonna LAP that they frequently promoted.

I don't believe it's past it's "peak".  Also,  I don't think it's as diabolical as some are trying to make it out to be.   What's obvious to me is that, she and her team made sure the song was singled out, and are making people actually stream and search out her own catalog for the song, rather plopping it on the actual soundtrack.  And now releasing an EP just of the two soundtrack score versions along with the album version.  It's actually a clever strategy as I'm sure she probably gets paid more if people are streaming/listening from the parent albums that the song is part of (whatever version it is) as well as this new EP.

14 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Totally disagree! Her team are fucking useless and don't have a clue. As someone else on here said, this was rush released. This should have been released two weeks ago, with the versions merged and reset on Spotify, but at least they have finally done something 🤦

Not that I'm shocked by your response.   Anyway, we're all just speculating.  No one really knows the reasoning behind what's happened here.  It's not as serious as some are trying to make it out to be.  Nothing is going to be lost here, because the film is still HUGE and the buzz around the song is still just as huge.  I don't believe for a second they have dropped the ball on tis one because it's still working in their favor and the song is getting great exposure.  What's unrealistic here is thinking this song is going to re-enter the charts and score a top ten again.  That ain't happening.  I say, let's just enjoy the ride.. the exposure it's getting again.  It's really not anything to sneeze at for a 35 year old song.  It's hardly an obscure song people don't know.

2 minutes ago, Adonna said:

Honestly, I don't care about the streams issues.  It is what it is........ It's actually a clever strategy as I'm sure she probably gets paid more if people are streaming/listening from the parent albums that the song is part of (whatever version it is).

If that's the case... then legacy has left the chat... long time ago.

Still to cash in streams between either OST vs her channel would've been more profitable for her had it launch at the same time when the movie came out and not at a time when a millions have already taken other versions into their Playlist. 

It leaves you questioning who exactly are they now building this EP for? Her fans, or the new marvel audience? 

Guy Oseary's answer will always be about money

And Ricardo probably has no clue what a graphic novel is.

6 minutes ago, Piksel8 said:

If that's the case... then legacy has left the chat... long time ago.

Still to cash in streams between either OST vs her channel would've been more profitable for her had it launch at the same time when the movie came out and not at a time when a millions have already taken other versions into their Playlist. 

It leaves you questioning who exactly are they now building this EP for? Her fans, or the new marvel audience? 

Guy Oseary's answer will always be about money

And Ricardo probably has no clue what a graphic novel is.

I personally think it's just a marketing strategy based on the interest it's been getting and keeping the song tied specifically to her catalog.  Again, I don't believe the momentum behind the song has been lost or past.  To me, this playlist came just in time.  They are milking the cow here.  Extending its legs.  Now if they did this two months from now, I would totally agree with what you're saying. 

It's really as simple as:

- "Epic" and choir versions are featured in the movie

- People go see the movie

- People look for the song they loved so much in the movie, can't find it in the movie versions they liked so much. Streams are lost or divided between three different versions available, not exactly the ones people want ("Celebration" version, album version and "Immaculate" version). Confusing and messy for a 17-year old Marvel fanboy who doesn't even know who Madonna is

- Illegal uploads make their own versions of the movie versions and try to upload it to streaming services, their versions last 24 hours before being removed, there is a demand for it but hasn't been met officially

- Team Madonna finally realizes two weeks later, probably thanks to push and shaming from fans on social media and from some specialized media ("Music Week" in the UK) and even Marvel? (an improvement anyway, it took them months to officially release "Frozen" Sickick and several weeks with "Back That Up To The Beat" demo) and agree to release them in the end.

As @Aiwa08said, movie adapted versions like this case are not meant to be full versions, just what they need for the scenes is edited. And this is exactly the case.

If for whatever reason this explodes, surely extended versions will follow, but I doubt it.

And oh: again - this is DEFINITELY a last minute release, I explained why it's easy to know why just checking Spotify (check the Singles Reissues topic for the explanation). There is no strategy to it about except for playing catch up finally.

There are more Deadpool fans hearing Like A Prayer right now than Madonna fans in general is my guess. Just by sitting in the theatre watching the movie.

Marvel fans seeing the EP artwork will give them reason to buy it.

I believe this was well planned. 

The movie is Deadpool, not Madonna

Very exciting

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

And oh: again - this is a last minute release. There is no strategy about except for playing catch up finally.

Why do you present this is as "fact" when you're just speculating here as the rest of us?  I appreciate your input on anything you post, but you don't know anymore than the rest of us if this was "last minute" or intended.  You're only saying it because it's not happening as fast or as the way you think it should be.  It's not as black and white as you're trying to present it.  I believe there is more going on that we don't realize, and this just comes down to the fact, we are impatient and want things yesterday.  We also are a society of wanting things immediately and then move on as soon as we get them. No one wants to enjoy and savor things anymore.  What I see here regarding this recent EP release is "milking the cow".  I'm sure they anticipated the film's popularity would last for some time.  So why not spread things out, rather just release everything at once? 

As for the "illegal downloads", etc., that would happen no matter what.  Just look at the people who are now making AI versions of songs based on teasers, before their actual release. No one seems to have patience for the actual official roll outs.