The Rebel Heart Promo

groovyguy

^^Transcript:

This interview is gonna be different, Martin.

-Ok.

Martin Scholz expects a normal interview with Madonna.

OK, we’re gonna play a drinking game. Have you ever played a drinking game before?

- Yes, it’s been quite a while.

Good. So here is how it works. If you ask me a stupid question, you have to drink a shot of tequila, ok? And if you ask me an AMAZING question, I have to drink a shot of tequila. So, think before you speak.

- Ok. This puts pressure on me.

Well, let's go then.

- The songs from your as yet unpublished album were stolen and uploaded to the internet. One can lose control over one's art in the digital world quite fast. How do you balance yourself in this world?

I think that social media are a double-edged sword. It’s a great way to communicate with people also, but it's a way for people to hide and say extremely destructive, degrading, negative, discriminating things. And I think it gives people a false sense of courage.

The questions seem to be good so far...

-You adopted two orphans from Malawi and support help projects in Malawi, which you were heavily criticized for. The local government accused you of expecting eternal gratitude. How do you deal with this?

Going to Malawi and helping children who had been orphaned by Aids was not something that I set out to do to become popular. So I do it whether people pat me on the back about it or not. I don’t even help people because I want them to love me. It’s about helping people because I want to help people. People are going to criticize what I do/whatever I do, so I just have to stick to my guns and stay the course.

But then it happens.

- Do you sometimes google yourself?

Google myself? No, I don’t. Should I? You might have to drink some tequila for that one. No, why would want to google myself. That’s a slippery slide to get on.

- Should I drink it right now..or…?

What do you say in German for “cheers�

Prost? Ok. Here, Prost. Mine’s empty. Actually, there was a little drop left.

- Oh, that’s real tequila. I thought that was water.

Rebel Heart North American Tour Dates:

August 29 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines ArenaSeptember 2 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips ArenaSeptember 5 - San Juan, PR @ Coliseo de Puerto RicoSeptember 9 - Montreal, QC @ Bell CentreSeptember 12 - Washington, DC @ Verizon CenterSeptember 16 - New York, NY @ Madison Square GardenSeptember 19 - Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays CenterSeptember 24 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo CenterSeptember 26 - Boston, MA @ TD GardenSeptember 28 - Chicago, IL @ United CenterOctober 1 - Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis ArenaOctober 3 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Boardwalk HallOctober 5 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada CentreOctober 8 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy CenterOctober 11 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall PlaceOctober 14 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers ArenaOctober 17 - Portland, OR @ MODA CenterOctober 19 - San Jose, CA @ SAP Center at San JoseOctober 22 - Glendale, AZ @ Gila River ArenaOctober 24 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden ArenaOctober 27 - Los Angeles, CA @ Forum

Rebel Heart European & UK Tour Dates:

November 4 - Koln, Germany @ Lanxess ArenaNovember 7 - Prague, CZ @ O2 ArenaNovember 10 - Berlin, Germany @ Mercedes-Benz Arena (02 World)November 14 - Stockholm, Sweden @ Tele 2 ArenaNovember 17 - Herning, Denmark @ Jyske Bank BoxenNovember 21 - Turin, Italy @ Pala AlpitourNovember 24 - Barcelona, Spain @ Palau Sant JordiNovember 28 - Antwerp, Belgium @ SportpaleisDecember 1 - London, UK @ O2 ArenaDecember 5 - Amsterdam, Holland @ Ziggo DomeDecember 9 - Paris, France @ BercyDecember 14 - Manchester, UK @ Manchester ArenaDecember 16 - Birmingham, UK @ Barclaycard ArenaDecember 20 - Glasgow, Scotland @ The SSE Hydro

Madonna.com:

Following Madonna's stunning performance on the Grammys, three songs from Rebel Heart topped the Global iTunes Chart. The multi-Grammy winner's current single "Living For Love" is at No. 1 on the Billboard Dance Charts - her 44th time at the top spot. Madonna also recently performed on The Brits in London and is scheduled to appear and perform on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in the US for the entire week of March 16th.

And:

Exclusive: On the cover of Vanity Fair Italia

Among the excitement and craziness for the announcement of the Rebel Heart TourMadonnaTribe has some more news to exclusively report:

Madonna will be the on the cover of the new issue of Vanity Fair Italia, out on Wednesday.

The magazine will feature an interview done in New York City illustrated with photos byTerry Richardson!

Other global TV performances include France's Le Grand Journal on March 2Italy's ITV onSunday March 8, an interview on The Today Show on March 9 and 10 and a performance and interview on the Jonathan Ross ITV UK Special airing March 14.  

Translation of the German interview in "Welt am Sonntag"Would you drink tequila with this woman?Who’s that girl? We don’t need to explain anymore. She is now 57 years old and is the face of the new Versace campaign 2014.Our reporter intended to interview Madonna but then he was challenged to an unusual drinking game. A conversation about provocation and engagement, self-protection and nudity.The Queen of Pop invited to the headquarter of Sotheby’s in Manhatten’s East side. A place of strong symbolism: This is the place where contemporary art changes its owner for millions of dollars. This can also be understood as a statement in the age of the free-of-charge mentality of the internet world: Madonna’s art is valuable. The small group of journalists is waiting in the basement, which resembles waiting rooms of vehicle registration centers – only with the contrast that Sotheby’s does not even have windows.She is one hour late. And things will take even longer. The colleagues from Japan, the US, Italy and France are waiting for their turn. Interviews with Madonna are rare: Germany received only one interview for her last album released three years ago. It was reported to have lasted 15 minutes. This time around, we are given 20 minutes but her crew is not so sure about  and says that it depends on how the conversation goes and what mood Madonna is in. Two hours later it’s the colleague’s turn. He returns 15 minutes later and tells the other journalists that we are held to drink tequila for any question that she doesn’t like. How many shots he had to drink? One. “As long as we are not cuffed to the chair and whipped out…†says an Italian colleague – everybody laughs.Two hours later than scheduled it’s my turn and I am led through a large exhibition room past Andy Warhol’s “Portrait of a young womanâ€, which is offered for 2.7 million dollars. Madonna is waiting in a cordoned-off area. She is sitting on a chair. She is wearing a tight, sleeveless dress that hugs her figure, and fingerless lace gloves. She stands up and while I shake her hand a stylist fumbles a strand of blonde hair off her face. We are surrounded by a camera team that records the interview. I was not allowed to bring my own Dictaphone because it would have destroyed the room’s esthetics if it was put on the table. The room is not really a room. It's a Madonna shrine. Keith Haring collages are on the walls, which have all but one topic: Madonna. “Do you like Keith Haring?†she asks welcoming me. I say yes. She owns the pieces, she adds. She had them brought to the place especially for the interview. “I like to be surrounded by my artâ€, she whispers, “It inspires meâ€.Sex and theatrics: these pictures showing a young Madonna that can be bought as postcards today were taken of her in her dance student days.This may not only be about inspiration. Each collage is also a statement: “Madonna on nude pix: so what?†This quote leads back to an earlier scandal: Shortly after becoming world-famous in the mid-eighties, nudes were published that she had posed for at the age of 18. Her “so what†attitude has not altered to this day. Madonna has presented her nudity and sexuality again and again – in her coffee table book “Sex†in the nineties and most currently, with nudes taken at the age of 56, for a magazine.The series of photographs was the pickup of a media wave that always forms anew whenever she is set to release a new album. Be it about the scandal about the hacker who had uploaded all yet unfinished songs of the new CD “Rebel Heart†to the internet reaching up to her spectacular tumble on stage at the Brit Awards a few days ago. Each Madonna appearance bears “breaking newsâ€. And in this state of exception, she tries to keep maximum control. The camera crew is ready, we sit down and she explains to me what I already know: “Martin, this interview is going to be different. We will play a drinking game. And this is how it works: If you ask me a stupid question, you have to drink a shot of tequila. If you ask me an amazing question, I have to drink a shot of tequila.†Control and theatrics. Her trademark. For a short moment of time, I remember one drinking scene from the first Indiana Jones movie between Harrison Ford and his on-screen girlfriend and the Nepalese troll. The troll falls off the chair after 20 shots while the woman triumphantly cheers to him at the end.WaS          Do you google yourself?M              Do I google myself? No. Should I? You may have to drink some tequila for this one. (grabs tequila bottle).                 Her female manager: (from the back) Why? I think it’s a great question.M             Ok then, no tequila (She puts the bottle back on the table between us.)Manager: No, I am sorry, you are the judge here. Pour him some tequila.M            Ok. But be quiet now back there. “Do I google myself?†That’s a slippery slide to get on. (She fills my glass entirely             and then takes her own glass.)WaS       Should I drink now or can I drink this later?M (does not address the question, raises her glass) How do you say “cheers†in German?WaS         Prost.M             Post?WaS        No, with an “r†in the middle. Prost.M             Ok. Prost. My glass is empty (she takes an imagery sip) Oops, there was actually some left in this glass. Why would I google myself?A drinking game with the queen of pop! “Weltâ€-journalist Martin Scholz met Madonna prior to the release of her album “Rebel Heartâ€. The result was a drinking game – with consequences.WaS          Well, it could be you googled yourself to find out which waves your leaked album produced online?M               I am still very, very upset about it. This theft is a sort of symbol. It says a lot about the society we live in today.     It’s depressing. Abuse.WaS           After you found out that unfinished versions of your entire new album were available online you finished six songs very fast and made them available for purchase. In no time you were number one of the iTunes charts. Didn’t this eventually draw tremendous attention to your album?M               I’ll say it again: I am not happy about it. Of course, I was happy to see that many people were excited about my music. But this was about songs that I never intended to release. But they were put out there. I didn’t like that because people were commenting online on my unfinished songs and drew their conclusions from those versions and judged them. That is…not right.WaS          Constant comments on news and events are everyday business in the digital world. You also use Instagram and Twitter on a regular basis. How do you balance yourself in this world?M              Yes, we live in a digital world but theft is not acceptable in both the digital and any other world. The people need a moral compass nowadays. It is important to have morals. Honestly, I don’t know why you are basing this on the digital world.WaS         Unpublished songs have been stolen earlier on too and they were illegally sold on bootleg albums. Today, they are not only available worldwide but everyone comments on them – which has obviously upset you. Do you view social media that you use yourself quite excessively in a different light now, with these recent experiences?M             Social media are a double-edged sword. It’s a great way for people to communicate but people can also hide and say extremely destructive, degrading, negative and discriminating things. They give people a false sense of courage. In this regard, they are dangerous. I mean, not only regarding myself but this concerns a lot of people and not only artists for sure. Just look at cyber-bullying. A lot of crazy destructive things happen on the internet. This has nothing to do with pop music.WaS         You sing about the public perception of your persona in a number of your new songs. You sing that you are no “Joan of Arc†while in “Veni, Vidi, Vici†you describe how each move you make is criticized and how music saved you. In “Rebel Heart†you talk about how you came to be who you are today. What was your motivation to reveal this side of Madonna to the people now?M            It was no conscious decision. I had some personal songs on my last album too. I always write songs that have some personal content.Each appearance is a spectacle: Madonna in February 2015 at the Grammies in Los Angeles.WaS          But this time you let down your guard. Why?M              Well, those are the thoughts that went through my mind at the time. This has also to do with the musicians that I worked with at the time, the intimate atmosphere we established and also with the fact that the songs were initially written only with voice and guitar or piano. This created an atmosphere that inspired be to be intimate, open and yes, also vulnerable, in my lyrics. So I shared personal thoughts with the public and revealed things I have not expressed publically before.WaS           Why not?M               Because I would have felt uncomfortable. I wouldn’t have felt good about doing that.WaS          You often sing about the dark but also the light and the fire within the darkness.M              Yes.WaS         Police wrote a song that says: “You will see the light in the darkness, you will make some sense of this.†Have you embarked on such a journey?M             I am describing a journey that we all embark on constantly. We are constantly challenged and have to find ways out of the darkness. Only light can lead us out of the darkness. On the other hand, we need darkness to be able to see the light as such. The perception of light, darkness of fire are elementary, primal. That has always inspired me.WaS          Was this type of songwriting a sort of technological detoxification? Away from the overproduced hyped-up beats – at least during the songwriting phase?M              My album still has a lot of digital, electronic sounds. However, I wanted each song to have this acoustic core. I wanted to show that I am able to reduce the songs to this core; only voice and guitar. And this original core then developed into something totally different.WaS          If I gave you an acoustic guitar now, would you be able to play all the songs of your new album?M              Yes, I would. Just me, my voice, a guitar and my songs – I could do that.WaS          A campfire Madonna.M              I am sure I could play some songs better than a lot of others but if I took the time and rehearsed intensively for this, I could play my whole album to you on my guitar. And that would make you a happy man at that moment because that would be an exclusive concert. Who knows, I might do that someday.WaS         Could you seriously imagine to just tour with an acoustic guitar? Just like Bruce Springsteen did a few years ago?M             Oh gosh! I think that would bore me.WaS         It would be totally surprising after the stadium shows with so many dancers, with the show and video effects.M             I could perhaps do a few songs acoustically during a concert – let’s say six. But I don’t think that I could sit on a chair all night and play guitar – unless I could do stand-up comedy in between the songs.WaS        What exactly would you do as a standup comedian?M            If I tell jokes in between the songs and sip a few glasses of tequila, that would probably be quite interesting, wouldn’t it? Do you think that people would come to such a Madonna show?WaS       It would be something totally different.M            Really? Hm. Let me think about it.WaS        Which abilities brought Mike Tyson to cameo on one of your new songs?M            When I wrote “Iconic†I first thought about including rappers or singers; people from the music business. I thought about people that had survived; people who are real icons. But I couldn’t think of anyone.WaS        Seriously?M            Okay, that’s not completely true. I had a few names. I asked Jay-Z but he declined and so I asked Mike Tyson.WaS       That’s not necessarily the obvious stand-in.M            I think that at this point Mike Tyson is a real superhero. He went to hell and back many, many times. He has become an impressive and inspiring human-being. That was the reason why I asked him. He doesn’t really sing or rap. He speaks on the song. Butthat is also not the right description for it, it is more ranting or venting.Crew member in the back: Sorry, we have to replace the memory card on of the cameras. It will take 30 seconds.M             Do we really have to? Time is precious.The crew member fumbles at his camera and it takes a few minutes that seem like forever. Madonna remains sat down almost not moving at all, her hands folded. You can see that her arms are tense – I hardly dare to look at them. This is what you picture the Vesuvio volcano to be like, close to eruption.Crew member: We’re almost done.M You have no memory cards ready? What’s going on here?I am wondering: a) Will this be deducted from my already scarce time? b) For God’s sakes, what kind of question can I ask after this abrupt stop? The tequila bottle is still quite full.Crew member: Done.M            Ok, now you can continue.Freedom of expression: The early Madonna, early 80s in New YorkWaS           Your credo as an artist has always been “express yourself†no matter how hard the wind of critics and moral apostles and the church may blow. After the terrorist attacks on the French satire magazine “Charlie Hebdo†you also identified with the case and posted “Je suis Charlieâ€. Regardless of worldwide solidarity, the results were additional protests, attacks and death. Do we still have freedom of expression that you so strongly supported before?M               No, we live in very scary times. What happened in France reflects the general intolerance in the world. There are more and more people who permit that ignorance and fear dictate their actions and decisions. Art is being surpressed – by censorship, by fascism. If artists are kept from expressing themselves freely, it's the end of our civilization. We need art to survive. People need art – literature, music, paintings, all these art forms. Art is a part of our mythology. It inspires us, comforts us. Art is the shoulder that we can cry on. It helps us feel less alone in this world. If artists are shut up, then it’s as if you told everybody: you cannot drink water anymore. Insofar, the attacks in France and the consequences are very frightening.WaS           The terror shows its effect. The “New York Times†declared that they will not show the Mohammed caricatures shown by “Charlie Hebdoâ€.M               I can only hope that artists will take more risks instead of becoming more frightened. Artists must be able to voice their opinions – that’s like an educational mandate. Artists bring people together. That has to be a part of artistic messages today more than ever.WaS          What exactly do you mean by that?M              I don’t want to sing about stupid things but that we bring people together with art. Like John Lennon’s “Imagine†or Bob Marley’s “One Loveâ€. That’s our job; we bring people together.WaS          You tried that 2012 at the beginning of your world tour, which kicked off in Tel Aviv. The next concert was in Abu Dhabi. Was that an attempt to create a bridge in the Middle East?M              Yes.WaS         And what was it like? Were those concerts “business as usualâ€?M              It was not the usual kick-off to a tour. When I was in Israel back then to prepare for my first show there was a lot of talk.WaS          What kind of talk?M              Whether the concert should be cancelled due to the alleged bombing. That was a threatening scenario. Everyone was very nervous. But I felt like… You see, Isreal is the hot spot of the universe. The message of my show was about unity, being one.WaS           On stage in Tel Aviv you said “If we can create peace in the Middle East, then we can have peace worldwide.â€M                That’s my job. That’s why I’m here – to make such things possible. Tel Aviv was the perfect place to start my tour in. Although it was dangerous, I wanted to start in the eye of the hurricane. And to perform in Abu Dhabi directly after Tel Aviv; that was almost poetic to me – to connect the regions on my tour plan. If I could perform in Palestine, I would. But ok, instead I went to Abu Dhabi.WaS          You are an activist and engage in Malawi, the southeast African country where you adopted two children from. You are now building ten schools and one hospital there but are always criticized for your engagement. People don’t seem to buy this persona of you, in contrast to other activists. Does that hurt you?M               It’s true, I have been heavily criticized for helping Malawi because I…no, the other way around: You see, I have not helped children who had been orphaned by Aids because I wanted to become more popular. I help no matter if people pat me on the back about it or not. I am not even helping because I want to be loved. I help people because I want to help them. But people will always criticize what I do, whatever I do.WaS          So it does affect you?M              What counts is: I don’t draw back regarding these engagements. I have to stick to my guns and hold its course. I have a connection to Malawi through my children anyway. You see, to visit such a poor country that holds so little for its people to make a living is a very sobering experience at first. But then, to see how they still enjoy life and that they have not lost their laughter that they share with other although they have so little – that they value life as such, that has impressed and moved me deeply. Bob Geldof was also criticized recently because of his Band Aid 30 project and the Ebola charity. You know the old saying: No good deed goes unpunished. People distrust people like Geldof who are generous and have a big heart. It is obviously difficult for people to accept this character trait and to value it. They are always suspicious. They always think that you have a hidden agenda even when it’s not the case. That’s just the way it is.WaS            You followed Bob Geldof’s call twice: 1985 at Live Aid, 2005 at Live 8. In 2005 you sang with a young Ethopian woman, Birhan Woldu, who almost died at the famine in Ethiopia and only survived because of the doctors that were sent there. Geldof announced that there will be actions that year, the year of the G-7 summit – but without giving any details. If he calls you again, will you follow?M                It depends on what the exact goal of it is now and what is going on in my life at that time. There are many factors that I would have to consider first before saying yes or no.WaS             I have a game of associations for you.M                Oh, you want to play too?WaS             Let’s put it this way: I am getting at the title of your album “Rebel Heartâ€, which is to express that you have both a rebellious as well as a romantic side, like most of us. I selected a few word pairs – personalities, places, pieces of art, which could be attribute to rebel or heart. You decide which.M                Cool, if it doesn’t work, you will have your next shot of tequila.WaS           Two theater plays: “Who is afraid of Virginia Woolf?â€, the drama about the hell that marriage is with Edward Albee or “Romeo and Juliet†by William Shakespeare?M               “Who is afraid of Virginia Woolf?â€WaS            Why?M               Now you also want to know why? No, that’s not how he we do this. I will only tell you which spontaneously speaks to me – not more than that, no additional explanations.WaS           Berlin or Paris?M               Right now? At this very moment? Berlin.WaS           Two Beatles songs “Revolution†or “All My Lovingâ€?M               “Revolutionâ€WaS           James Dean or Hugh Grant?M (very fast) James Dean.WaS           Lara Croft or Princess Leia from “Star Warsâ€?M               Lara Croft.WaS           “Nymphomaniac†by Lars von Trier or “Paris, Texas†by Wim Wen…M               “Nymphomaniacâ€! I love that movie.WaS           Godzilla or King Kong?M               King KongWaS           “Fifty Shades of Grey†or “Love Story†by Erich Segal?(Manager in the back: Ohhh!)(hesitates) â€œLove Storyâ€

New USA TV Interviews & Vanity Fair Cover

The Today show will broadcast a new Madonna interview on March 9th and 10th!
Madonna is scheduled to appear and perform on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in the US for the entire week of March 16th.
Wednesday’s issue of Vanity Fair Italia will also feature Madonna on the cover!

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2015/01/20/madonna-should-be-starting-the-rebel-heart-promotion-next-week/#ixzz3TEtuSn00

OK guys, so what's missing right now???

The broadcasts of Jonathan Ross and Che Tempo Che Fa, The Today show and Ellen, is that all????

also this new italian radio interview: http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2015/madonna-on-rtl-102-5-on-monday/

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2015/madonna-on-rtl-102-5-on-monday/

Madonna on RTL 102.5 on Monday

BY MADONNATRIBE Â· MARCH 3, 2015

Luca Dondoni met Madonna in New York – yes, another one “Tequila shot†interview â€“ and their chat will air on Monday, March 9 at 3 PM on Italian radio network RTL 102.5.

RTL 102.5 joins Vanity Fair Italia in the small club of Italian media outlets that had the chance to meet Madonna in New York in January as part of the press junket for the new album. RTL is proudly advertising the new interview as the only one Madonna did with an Italian radio for Rebel Heart. Dondoni, who was also attending the recording of Che Tempo Che Fa in Milan last Sunday, posted this pic with Madonna on his Twitter profile.

MadonnaTribe understands that a third Italian interview is yet to be announced, so watch out!

I think the promo is goodBut it could still be betterI mean in the US they're are no big Tv specials and I haven't seen any commercials for the album releaseWe have some mag covers and performances here ans there but it was stated late last year that Madonna was gonna do a Taylor Swift style PR campaign with this albumCan you imagine if that's the case?Good thing is tour rehearsals probably won't start until late May/early June, which gives Madonna March/April and May to really promote the hell out of this album plus shoot 2 proper videos