Queendom (old Madonna forum)

Jaawsshhh

This is a big shot in the dark, but was anyone here apart of the forum Queendom? I believe I joined in 2003, a few months or so before American Life was released. I don't remember what my username was tbh. I wanna say it was BootyliciousJosh (like my DenDen username). 

Anyone else remember that place?

13 minutes ago, kesiak said:

Never heard of it. Does anyone remember Sindri's Madonna Page?

Absolutely! That was the very first Madonna website I visited on the Internet back in the day. Landed on it probably from Ask Jeeves! That's where I found the gorgeous Hert Ritts LAP shots. And there was a gallery of video caps as well. 

18 minutes ago, scottyj said:

Yes I was! And also there was an irc channel called Madonnaclub and Musicworld ... people used to share stuff like crazy there 

Haaha we probably downloaded off each other on those p2p networks! 

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

Never heard of it. Does anyone remember Sindri's Madonna Page?

Yes, I recall this.  It eventually was renamed MadonnaOnline before it closed up.  My first experience with Madonna websites was with the Singapore Madonna Page and simple Madonna trading Post.  This was in the late 90's.  Eventually, some very competitive websites popped up.  Madonnarama (not the current one) which was ran by a guy name Teddy.  He teamed up with Ashram website.  Dotmusic forums were huge back then.  They monopolized the internet, and when any little fan website came a long, they tried to get them removed from the web.  It was so bad that these webmasters were sending viruses to these smaller website owners. I also remember MadonnaInternet, Queendom, Madonnapower (which I think had a previous name), Madonnalicious, Madeyes.net, InsideMadonna, Madonnahub, News of Madonna, All About Madonna.  Some of these websites no longer exists, but new ones popped up under the same name.  Madonnatribe and DrownedMadonna eventually came along.  Those two sites had a long tumultuous relationship. If I recall, they actually were one site for a short time and then the webmasters had a falling out and ever since have been fighting.  Their big issues was they both claimed stealing "exclusives" from one another. LOL!  Madonnanation came along when Dotumusic and another popular Madonna forum closed down (forgot the name, but it was owned by artist Rob Jacobs who has infamously became popular for creating this image: madgeelton02.jpg

Anyway, there were so many great small Madonna fansites that were so dedicated to Madonna. Some very creative and shared a lot of rare Madonna music/mixes/demo/videos.  Though, the bigger sites kept trying to push a lot of them out. Some bailed because the drama/threats behind the bigger websites was too much for them. 

The Madonna fan base can be quite mean and cruel.  I feel they are the first to create the animosity between other female fansites. 

5 hours ago, AspergerArtist said:

Absolutely! That was the very first Madonna website I visited on the Internet back in the day. Landed on it probably from Ask Jeeves! That's where I found the gorgeous Hert Ritts LAP shots. And there was a gallery of video caps as well. 

Yes, and it was really beautifully designed for the time. Sindri was such a sweetheart and the forum there was really good too. 

12 hours ago, Fighter said:

I don't know the forum you're talking about but I remember you from DenDen. No wonder your username lowkey felt familiar :thinker: 

As I do too! I had a feeling you were the same user as on DD ^_^

Archived