Celebrities talk about Madonna

NowRadiate

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cyndi Lauper on Fame, Going Country & Wanting to Star In 'What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?' with Madonna

http://www.pridesource.com/article.html?article=76138

You've called your new label, Sire Records, your "dream label." And actually, Madonna's self-titled debut was released on the same label in 1983. Do you think you and Madonna might have done a duet if you'd been on the same label back in the day? Was there ever talk of that happening?

Oh, not by business people. You know, I always felt for me, I would've loved to do "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" with her... 'cause I think that's very funny! (Laughs hysterically)

'I didn't even remember my name': Jessica Chastain talks about dancing and spanking Madonna on stage during her appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3549107/Jessica-Chastain-talks-dancing-spanking-Madonna-stage-appearance-Ellen-DeGeneres-Show.html#ixzz46NBxzlE6

Jessica Chastain looked incredible in a red dress with black straps for her appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

The 39-year-old, who is in the midst of promoting her film The Huntsman: Winter's War, recalled the moment she danced and spanked Madonna on stage at her concert in Prague, revealing that she was so shy that she 'didn't even remember my name.'

In the episode, which airs Wednesday, the actress added: 'Even like the look on my face - I look really uncomfortable. And then Madonna gets down on her knees.'

Posted Image
Posing pretty: Jessica Chastain looked incredible in a red dress with black straps for her appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show

The movie star, who plays Sara in the film, looked incredible in a fitted red dress featuring off-the-shoulder crimson sleeves as well as black straps.

Jessica paired the cleavage-revealing frock with pointed black heels and pink lipstick with her red locks loose.

When Ellen asked her about the time she danced on stage with Madonna in Prague, the starlet explained that she originally just went to the concert for fun with friends.

While at the concert, she was asked to go on stage and 'they took me backstage and I had no idea what I was about to do.'

Adding: 'They just said I had to climb this ladder and one of the dancers reached their hand out to me, pulled me on stage and then I did this whole dance routine with her, sort of.'

Madonna's dancers instructed her to walk and run on stage, but then pose by herself, something that wasn't easy for the star.

She recalled: 'I didn’t even remember my name. I was so shy and even like the look on my face I look really uncomfortable and then Madonna gets down on her knees.' 

Posted Image
Time to show off her moves: When Ellen asked her about the time she danced on stage with Madonna in Prague, the starlet explained that she originally just went to the concert for fun with friends
Posted Image
Loosening up: Madonna's dancers instructed her to walk and run on stage, but then pose by herself, something that wasn't easy for the star

Ellen asked her why she spanked the pop star and whether or not she asked her to do it, which Jessica said 'No! But that's what one does at a Madonna concert.' 

Adding: 'I think she was trying to rescue me because I was super awkward.' 

The daytime host and the star watched the moment on screen, to which the red haired stunner said: 'The funny thing is at that as I started to do it, you can tell by my face that I don’t know what I should be doing and all the looks on the dancers faces behind are like "she’s touching Madonna!"'

Posted Image
Gorgeous lady: The movie star, who plays Sara in the film, looked incredible in a fitted red dress featuring off the shoulder sleeves as well as black straps
Posted Image
Having a laugh: She recalled being asked to pose on stage: 'I didn’t even remember my name. I was so shy and even like the look on my face I look really uncomfortable and then Madonna gets down on her knees'

Ellen reassured her that Madonna must not have minded it, to which Jessica quipped: 'I hope not. She handed me a banana afterwards.' 

The Golden Globe winning actress also gushed about her Huntsman co-star Chris Hemsworth, revealing that 'he's a very good kisser.'

She continued: 'He’s like a foot taller than me so he’s probably 6’5, he’s really funny and he’s got the most beautiful, perfect family and he’s a great Dad. It’s just like ugh.'

The Huntsman: Winter's War is set to hit theaters on Friday. 

Posted Image
Ellen asked her why she then spanked the pop star and if she asked her do it, which Jessica said 'No! But that's what one does at a Madonna concert.'

• 3 weeks later...

billboardVerified account â€@billboard  12h12 hours ago

ICM Partners Rob Prinz on bringing Celine Dion to Vegas & "discovering" Madonna http://blbrd.cm/TQyrOQ 

Legend has it that you “discovered†Madonna. What’s the story there?
I stumbled across her in a club on Long Island in New York in 1979. I had just started working in the music business and was out for a drink with a friend -- I had no idea there would be live music -- and this girl started singing. There were maybe 10 people in the room, leaning against the back wall, and she said, “Hey, you assholes! Get your hands off your dicks and get up to the stage!†And everyone obeyed her -- she had total command of the room. So I went backstage and introduced myself, and we started working together. I started to shop her music -- everybody passed. Then she said, “I’m going to take a break and change my sound.†We lost touch and by coincidence I ran into her on the street about two years later. I was working at William Morris, and she said, “I’ve got new music. Can I come up to your office and play it?†-- it was more-dance-oriented stuff -- and the rest of the story is well-known. We started working together again. I was able to help find her Desperately Seeking Susan.

What has changed most in the live industry then to now?
Touring is now the bread and butter. When I started, the live business was the caboose on the train of the music world. Now, the live side is the locomotive of that train, and everything else gets pulled along. If you’re not selling tickets and making money on the road, then you may not have a career to support your lifestyle. 

Are you looking for the next Madonna?
As an agent, you’re always looking for somebody who moves you like that. Recently, I started working with this artist named Yuna -- a very different type of artist, a Malaysian artist signed to Verve. You never stop listening, never stop looking -- because you never know when the next one is coming along.

At the Met Gala, Madonna met Anthony Weiner. Halfway through their conversation, Madonna turned to her handler and asked, "Who the fuck is this?"

I confused.

Megyn Kelly is talking about meeting Anthony weiner at Meg gala and then she says that Anthony told to her story about He met Madonna few years ago.

I get that but what I confused is that Anthony's story about meeting Madonna is also at Met gala few years ago? or That story is happenning at something elsewhere?

I confused.

Megyn Kelly is talking about meeting Anthony weiner at Meg gala and then she says that Anthony told to her story about He met Madonna few years ago.

I get that but what I confused is that Anthony's story about meeting Madonna is also at Met gala few years ago? or That story is happenning at something elsewhere?

Megyn met Anthony who told her the story of how he met Madonna at a MetGala a few years ago.

Madonna was my hardest client EVER' admits The Extraordinary Collector's Gordon Watson

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/670095/Madonna-hardest-client-ever-admits-The-Extraordinary-Collector-Gordon-Watson

GORDON WATSON’S rise to riches is the extraordinary tale of a young boy from suburban Manchester growing up to become the A-Lister’s go-to-man for the most exquisite items in the world.

However, it will come as no surprise that the reigning queen of pop Madonna is naturally the “hardest†customer out there.

From Sir Mick Jagger to Tom Cruise and Rod Stewart, Gordon’s seen a whole host of legends walk through the doors of his Chelsea store.

“I’ve had them all,†he said during an interview with Express.co.uk. “Freddie Mercury, Barbara Streisand and the gang.â€

But stars drive a tough bargain, and Madonna is the toughest of them all.

Speaking of his celebrity clients, he said: “It’s harder because they’re so aware of not being ripped off; they bargain harder; their demands are more, so it’s not as easy as dealing with somebody off the street. Madonna is the hardest bargainer I’ve ever crossed.â€

He added: “She knows the game and she plays it a bit too hard. There would be times when I’d say, ‘I can’t sell it for that. I have to make money dear, like you do too – I need profit!’ They’re quite canny.â€

But Gordon is steadily becoming a star in his own right. After four series of Channel 4’s hit Four Rooms, the dealer has now landed his very own show on BBC Two entitled The Extraordinary Collector, and after viewing, the name doesn’t even do him justice.

The series follows the 59-year-old as he travels overseas to locate stunning pieces for his ever-expanding wealthy clientele. So far audiences have seen him pluck out a delicate lamp made from dandelions for Lord Rothschild and soon he’ll be delighting Duran Duran fans with a guided tour of John Taylor’s Grade II listed Wiltshire home.

To read the full article visit Express.co.uk

Benny Benassi's Italian radio interview: "Madonna was super nice to us"

Watch videohttp://www.105.net/video/radio-105-diretta/206665/Benny-Benassi-a-105-InDaKlubb-.html?refresh_ce

In 2008 you opened for Madonna at Rome's Stadio Olimpico, the following year you did a remix for Celebration and in 2012 you collaborated with her on three tracks from her MDNA album.

What does it feel like to experience working with her and savouring a Madonna backstage? That was also the period when Madonna made using DJs to open concerts popular for pop concerts, wasn't it?

It was such a wonderful period for us and a great experience. She had different DJs opening in different countries and I remember we made a demo CD and gave it to her manager Guy. When we opened for her in Rome it was then supposed to be her only Italian date of her S&S Tour, she later scheduled a couple of other dates in the North due the following summer. That Rome date was sold out, I remember everything so vividly as if it had happened yesterday. After a year she asked us to prepare a remix for her GH leading track Celebration and the great thing for us is that not only she asked us for a remix but that she also chose our remix to go with the video edit.

From then a professional relationship developed and we would frequently keep in touch with her through her manager via mail. At some point we received a demo from a group of melodists we often collaborate with and we thought it would be perfect for her. So we sent it to her manager and about a week later we received an invitation to spend two days with her in a London recording studio.

So of course we said yes and off we went to London. The first difficulty was the language barrier because we didn't speak English and aside from a few words she doesn't speak Italian, in any case it's never easy to collaborate with someone of that calibre to begin with, almost intimidating, especially when it comes to making suggestions and so on but it turned out she was super nice, polite, down-to-earth, friendly, so hard-working and fully committed.

She had many assistants and some of them spoke Italian and they were always so nice, very attentive and making sure we were ok and comfortable while we were working. So we did that two day studio stint in London and had assumed the job was done. Little we knew. After about a month we got another email and we were being asked to join her in the studio in NY.

We then spent a full week recording with her in NYC and it was a really pleasant experience. The producer was Canadian of South American origins Demo Castellon, he's been Timbaland right arm for years, a really talented studio producer.

Madonna would arrive at the studio at about 11.30/Midday and she would arrive by bike, wearing a cap, she would explain about the traffic in NY. She would stay with us in the studio till 9pm, the she'd leave taking with her all the day's work on a iPOD and during the night she would listen to everything and would send in all the notes for adjustments, additions and changes and by the time we got back to the studio in the morning she had already gone through all the work with Demo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/danny-dyer-madonna_uk_5732f82ae4b0ade291a2a270
Danny Dyer: ‘My first wank was Madonna’ 
The soap hardman appeared on Channel Four’s Very British Problems to dish the dirt on his teen antics.
But the actor soon lowered the tone as he recounted his first foray into masturbation alongside the queen of pop.

Posted Image

He confessed…

My first wank was Madonna, I was a big fan of Madonna.
So it wasn’t the girls in school, I think my first pedal was over Madonna, mid-eighties when she was fit.