Just a random thought about the way we relate to Madonna...

With all the drama surrounding positive and negative reactions to M, and the reaction of others to these original reactions, I may have formed a theory about the way we all relate to Madonna.

So my premise is that we all overlook multiple things we don't agree with, until we get to a point when we draw the line at a single thing, and we have to express that and feel validated. We do this with family and friends all the time, and I think we also do this with Madonna, whom we consider close. People reading one negative reaction don't know how many things the poster has overlooked and ignored, and only see complaining about a minor thing, drawing the conclusion that the person is looking for things to complain about.

That's it, just a theory. Maybe we could all be more thoughtful about the way we phrase things in our posts (and not let out frustration about many different things boil into a single issue) and the way we react to other people's posts.

5 hours ago, The Same Parts said:

That's it, just a theory. Maybe we could all be more thoughtful about the way we phrase things in our posts (and not let out frustration about many different things boil into a single issue) and the way we react to other people's posts.

You're maybe not too far from your theory. serlg4.jpg

6 hours ago, The Same Parts said:

People reading one negative reaction

I think that "one" is downplaying it by large. I think it's about a conglomeration of negative reactions, plus, which weighs much more, arrogance and condescending ways of communication towards people expressing disapproval or disagreement with the originally posted critique.

I sort of see the point here. I've seen issues with some fans not being able to handle any criticism toward M at all. That's stupid. We are allowed to have a point of view. People who are overly nasty about her looks, etc. go too far, though. 

Archived