Edit History

MadonnaDave

MadonnaDave

Be interested to hear what people think…

Do you reckon that Warner will ever release a Complete Singles Collection for Madonna?

And if they did, do you reckon it would be US singles only? Meaning no Gambler, The Look of Love, Dear Jessie, One More Chance, Drowned World, etc. 

I don’t know how many CDs it would take to accommodate the shortest edit of every single at this point, but as vinyl seems to be the priority format now for raking in money from collectors I would imagine that viability on the vinyl format would be the key decider. It would definitely take a lot more than the twelve discs of Finally Enough Love box set and cost a lot more too. 

Even if the physical copies on vinyl were   v expensive and limited if need be, I still think that such a project would be a great thing for her streaming channels. At least then we would have  all of her singles consistently mastered at the same levels. Much better experience for  listening / making playlists on streaming too. Ideally all in Dolby Atmos to get the release mentioned by music blogs rounding up the best back catalogue tracks in the format, flagged up by Apple Music for being in the format, etc.

As her hits from American Life onwards had never got their own dedicated hits collection, a GHV3(?!), it’s really noticeable that a lot of the singles like American Life never got to appear on a singles collection… until Finally Enough Love, which isn’t quite the same thing but as it stand is as close at will get for some songs. 

I think that even if a new greatest hits compilation is released around the tour (or more likely Celebration is reissued on vinyl), it will just be another non chronological jumble with the same songs being excluded yet again. 

A complete singles collection is the only way that tracks like Angel are ever going to be acknowledged again as part of her Charts history.

MadonnaDave

MadonnaDave

Be interested to hear what people think…

Do you reckon that Warner will ever release a Complete Singles Collection for Madonna?

And if they did, do you reckon it would be US singles only? Meaning no Gambler, Dear Jessie, One More Chance, Drowned World, etc. 

I don’t know how many CDs it would take to accommodate the shortest edit of every single at this point, but as vinyl seems to be the priority format now for raking in money from collectors I would imagine that viability on the vinyl format would be the key decider. It would definitely take a lot more than the twelve discs of Finally Enough Love box set and cost a lot more too. 

Even if the physical copies on vinyl were   v expensive and limited if need be, I still think that such a project would be a great thing for her streaming channels. At least then we would have  all of her singles consistently mastered at the same levels. Much better experience for  listening / making playlists on streaming too. Ideally all in Dolby Atmos to get the release mentioned by music blogs rounding up the best back catalogue tracks in the format, flagged up by Apple Music for being in the format, etc.

As her hits from American Life onwards had never got their own dedicated hits collection, a GHV3(?!), it’s really noticeable that a lot of the singles like American Life never got to appear on a singles collection… until Finally Enough Love, which isn’t quite the same thing but as it stand is as close at will get for some songs. 

I think that even if a new greatest hits compilation is released around the tour (or more likely Celebration is reissued on vinyl), it will just be another non chronological jumble with the same songs being excluded yet again. 

A complete singles collection is the only way that tracks like Angel are ever going to be acknowledged again as part of her Charts history.

Important Information

Terms of Use