MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

27 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

i wonder if they gonna release something special on july 27th, like a bed spread. I'm convinced they are gonna have a press release announcing the deluxe album for november. And because she's Madonna one of the bonuses is gonna be a new track in the spirit of the album.

Don't wake me up from my fuzzy dream. Thanks.

In my fuzzy dream, an announcement of a pre-order will be made of a Deluxe 40th Anniversary edition of the First album on July 27th.  I can see them adding a few other items to the store at the same time.  We'll see.  It's nearly time.  :)

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I still think a July 27th announcement for a Fall release with pre-orders and the first digital pre-single available is still possible. Or an announcement around her birthday, she loves her special dates.

Obviously no street release for July 27th, of course.

Ain't No Big Deal as that first single?

6 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Ain’t No Big Deal is a terrible first single. So glad things changed. 

It is, but it's really the song that got her signed, not "Everybody". "Everybody" was just a single cause they couldn't get the "Ain't No Big Deal" production right!

Her career was full of happy accidents that ended up being blessings for her since day one, starting with "Ain't No Big Deal" being replaced by "Everybody" and later sold by Bray, so they needed another song for the album... and voilà, "Holiday" arrived. And here were are today.

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It is, but it's really the song that got her signed, not "Everybody". "Everybody" was just a single cause they couldn't get the "Ain't No Big Deal" production right!

Her career was full of happy accidents that ended up being blessings for her since day one, starting with "Ain't No Big Deal" being replaced by "Everybody" and later sold by Bray, so they needed another song for the album... and voilà, "Holiday" arrived. And here were are today.

It would be nice if they pulled a song out of the vaults that we had no idea about.  Though, I think we know pretty much everything that went into that album. Then there's the possibility the new song she worked on with Max Martin be an homage to that album, and they plan to include and release.  Part of me was hoping she would debut a new song on tour when it originally started that would tie into the Madonna 40 release.  But it just seems all too quiet for a new song to happen. 

31 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

This Warner deal has felt verrrry quiet since it broke as such big news a year or two ago. I definitely expected a bigger retroflective release by now, to at least be announced.

FEL fits that though.  I think some forget that or act like that has anything to do with the deal. It certainly is.  It's pretty much like a Greatest Hits of her dance hits released. 

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

FEL fits that though.  I think some forget that or act like that has anything to do with the deal. It certainly is.  It's pretty much like a Greatest Hits of her dance hits released. 

That's not a retroflective release to me. Yes it's old hits but it's a new product they're hawking. It's a new album of sorts.

Just now, WokeUpInMedellin said:

That's not a retroflective release to me. Yes it's old hits but it's a new product they're hawking. It's a new album of sorts.

A new collection with old dance hits.  It's still all part of the deal.  It's part of the new curated projects that was explained in the Press release. :)

49 minutes ago, tscott said:

I bought many copies, including the sux vinyl set + six vinyl rainbow  edition but....  Where the eff is Causing a Commotion?  Lol

48 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I hope it's considered a hit for them

Well, it did manage #8 on Billboard Charts and top 5 and #1 in many other countries.  In the UK, the collection is still selling decently, nearly 100,000 copies.  It's hardly the type of sales she used to do, but a lot of artists are struggling selling albums these days. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yeah hasn’t it done nearly twice what Madame X did? 

Yep, "Madame X" was certified Silver (60.000 copies) in the UK in Feb. 2022. "FEL" is almost 90.000 now:

According to the Official Charts Company, the compilation had sold 88,394 copies in the UK, as of July 2023

https://www.musicweek.com/analysis/read/charts-analysis-nothing-but-thieves-score-biggest-opening-sales-so-far-with-dead-club-city/088177

It's doing quite good for a remixes compilation and while we're tired of waiting for the first proper reissue, makes sense that Warner is still milking this one.

I also feel the vinyl trend has peaked. It will sustain to a degree but no one is out here paying £40-80 for a double vinyl record in the biggest cost of living squeeze in the last 50 years. People can't eat or pay their gas bills FFS. Also I think everyone is twigging that vinyl is back and not going anywhere. If they miss the 20th anniversary release there'll be another in 5 yrs time or another format / colour variant in another 12 months time. The "panic" or fear of missing out is subsiding in peoples purchase responses. In many ways Madonnas team have sort of arrived at the brink of her 40th anniversary re-release campaign about 5 years too late. 

They're finally nailing the streaming and I'm sure the Anniversaries releases will do well enough for them but I've collected so much over the years I don't even feel the need to purchase FEL vinyls, AL Mixshow, Erotica Pic Disc, Everybody 40 or the WTG super club mix. I don't  wholly know why either. Probably that they just feel massively over priced and I feel fleeced. I think a few years earlier and I'd have been all over them. I've moved past collecting everything now and I'll only be getting the things I really really would love to have. 

I'm a streaming girl now I think. I suddenly thought "what am I collecting all this for, I don't have any kids to hand them down to when I perish". So now it's the must haves and things that bring me joy only like a Like A Prayer deluxe vinyl or Erotica BoxSet.

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

I also feel the vinyl trend has peaked. It will sustain to a degree but no one is out here paying £40-80 for a double vinyl record in the biggest cost of living squeeze in the last 50 years. People can't eat or pay their gas bills FFS. Also I think everyone is twigging that vinyl is back and not going anywhere. If they miss the 20th anniversary release there'll be another in 5 yrs time or another format / colour variant in another 12 months time. The "panic" or fear of missing out is subsiding in peoples purchase responses. In many ways Madonnas team have sort of arrived at the brink of her 40th anniversary re-release campaign about 5 years too late. 

They're finally nailing the streaming and I'm sure the Anniversaries releases will do well enough for them but I've collected so much over the years I don't even feel the need to purchase FEL vinyls, AL Mixshow, Erotica Pic Disc, Everybody 40 or the WTG super club mix. I don't  wholly know why either. Probably that they just feel massively over priced and I feel fleeced. I think a few years earlier and I'd have been all over them. I've moved past collecting everything now and I'll only be getting the things I really really would love to have. 

I'm a streaming girl now I think. I suddenly thought "what am I collecting all this for, I don't have any kids to hand them down to when I perish". So now it's the must haves and things that bring me joy only like a Like A Prayer deluxe vinyl or Erotica BoxSet.

With Vinyl, the more that some hesitate to buy that format, the more expensive it will be.  I think there is an abundance of interest in vinyl right now and making copies that are collectable. This is why we are seeing artists make more colored discs.  My thought, the more people buy it, the cheaper it may get.  Demand at first tends to spike anything, but if they remain in production, prices will come down. 

That all said, I do think Vinyl will always be more expensive.  It takes longer to make and some will always apprehensive in purchasing vinyl.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

With Vinyl, the more that some hesitate to buy that format, the more expensive it will be.  I think there is an abundance of interest in vinyl right now and making copies that are collectable. This is why we are seeing artists make more colored discs.  My thought, the more people buy it, the cheaper it may get.  Demand at first tends to spike anything, but if they remain in production, prices will come down. 

That all said, I do think Vinyl will always be more expensive.  It takes longer to make and some will always apprehensive in purchasing vinyl.

The funny thing is that 30-35 years ago, it was the opposite.
CD was almost twice as expensive as an LP, and only wealthy people could buy a CD-player.
My parents bought me a brand new stereo that included a CD-player when I turned 15, and I was in heaven. :)

The very first CD i bought was Madonna's You Can Dance. :)

4 minutes ago, Celebration said:

The funny thing is that 30-35 years ago, it was the opposite.
CD was almost twice as expensive as an LP, and only wealthy people could buy a CD-player.
My parents bought me a brand new stereo that included a CD-player when I turned 15, and I was in heaven. :)

The very first CD i bought was Madonna's You Can Dance. :)

That's interesting.  I believe the first CD I had gotten was You Can Dance as well.  I received a CD player for Christmas from parents.  I had the cassette tape at the time.

And yes, CDs were quite expensive at first, but to my point the more popular it became, the prices came down.  I also think it comes down to how expensive something cost to produce and I think these days it's more expensive to produce vinyls.  I noticed CDs are a bit more expensive than they used to be and I believe a lot of that is beause it isn't as popular anymore.

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Definitely.

Just like in the 90’s, the vinyl fad will fade again.

11 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I don't think it's ever going to die out

Yes. Vinyl is here to stay.  It's always been here, but it has gone through various stages of revivals.  I remember in the mid 90's, various band were releasing limited editions of their albums on Vinyl.  Like with everything, things tend to come back around. I believe vinyl will remain more available as time goes on.  There will always be people who are interested in Vinyl.