Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Just now, Roy said:

Why was R&R a desperate move? It does look a little out of place, does it?

The big 2003 scrapped box set with all her albums remastered was supposed to be out at that time and all those promo slots were booked by Warner. It was cancelled so "Remixed & Revisited" was done and released instead.

Just now, Prayer said:

The big 2003 scrapped box set with all her albums remastered was supposed to be out at that time and all those promo slots were booked by Warner. It was cancelled so "Remixed & Revisited" was done and released instead.

Fuck, that was such a bad move to cancel it. That made sense with the first 3 albums remastered. What caused the cancellation?

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

The made the remixes for you can dance. FEL is just a compilation of old remixes. 

Remixed and Revisited is basically the American Life album using remixes. Well, Remixed and Revisited was a desperate move.

Ohhhh I got it… so for You Can Dance all the remixes were new especially made for that album?!!? Didn’t know that… so MJ remix album is the same as YCD? Also Jlo’s one? 🤔

1 minute ago, Roy said:

Fuck, that was such a bad move to cancel it. That made sense with the first 3 albums remastered. What caused the cancellation?

Supposedly the bad reception of the "American Life" album.

Anyway Warner was f*****g around at that time with the idea of high resolution audio, DVD-Audio and stuff, they were trying to find "the next best thing" to sell everything again to the buyers, but not much came out of it.

Just now, Ayham said:

Ohhhh I got it… so for You Can Dance all the remixes were new especially made for that album?!!? Didn’t know that… so MJ remix album is the same as YCD? Also Jlo’s one? 🤔

Warner and Madonna named YCD as remix album in 1986 before to be released. Blame them, not me. 

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

WHY GOT CANCELED??? Wow I didn’t know about that… but AL was still new… not cool to release something in that time. That was the reason?

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

Why was R&R a desperate move? It does look a little out of place, does it?

R&R was a quick and cheap compromise, for what was actually planned:
Wiki: "In 2003, Madonna planned to release a special commemorative box set to celebrate her twentieth anniversary in the music business and the release of her first studio album, Madonna, in 1983. The plan for the box set was eventually cancelled and Remixed & Revisited was conceived in its place."

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Supposedly the bad reception of the "American Life" album.

Anyway Warner was f*****g around at that time with the idea of high resolution audio, DVD-Audio and stuff, they were trying to find "the next best thing" to sell everything again to the buyers, but not much came out of it.

2 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

And "Remixed and Revisited" was to grab all the interest that came form the MTV awards

That made sense, especially with the live audio of the MTV performance on CD.

Shit, if only they pursued with the boxset though... what does it look like? Are there any scrapped material that leaked from it?

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The made the remixes for you can dance. FEL is just a compilation of old remixes. 

Remixed and Revisited is basically the American Life album using remixes. Well, Remixed and Revisited was a desperate move.

Remixed And Revisited it’s what we got instead of the 20th Anniversary Box Set (with remasters of all the album tracks, remixes and demos by Stuart, that’s where Your Honesty came) that Warner axed.

6 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Third if you count the promo only GHV2 Remixed. Remix and Revisited it’s an ep to me so it doesn’t count. 

Totally forgot about that one… but that wasn’t for sale… only promo right? I remember when I bought one from madonnaoneshop or something & it was fake 😫😢 after two years I discovered the crime & trash it in the bin. 😤

Just now, Roy said:

Shit, if only they pursued with the boxset though... what does it look like? Are there any scrapped material that leaked from it?

Nope, NOTHING leaked. Except for some information about it:

https://madonna-infinity.net/forums/topic/30028-madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone-career-spanning-partnership/page/13/?tab=comments#comment-978189