Edit History

Drownedboy

Drownedboy

7 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Absolutely cannot forgive M, or the record label for NOT taking better care of Nothing Fails. One of her best songs ever, with SO MUCH potential. No video, no promo, they just wanted to sweep anything American Life related under the rug and focus on softening her image by going blonde, wearing floral patterns, releasing children’s books and doing an animated movie we all forget... etc.

. Do you think that by Hollywood, second single, they wanted to rescue the album doing a quite  neutral videoclip with M looking glamorous and returning to blonde? Interesting. Anyway, I lived intesely the American life era and it is one of my favourites ever, but, decades past, I really don´t understand the message behind the video american life: the war theme, the american dream, the material and the fashion world, the fame obsesion, all mixed? It´s not a little sort of an extravangza? What´s the connection between Madonna adressing her past ambition to be rich and famous mixed with the children of Irak? Sometimes I think the criticism was not well done at all and that was really the problem. And that it did not worked out fine cause it was not credible to start with, as Madonna was the face of overthetop stuff, fashionism, obsession with the body and yes, materialism, and still is, when this album is all forgoten.

Drownedboy

Drownedboy

7 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Absolutely cannot forgive M, or the record label for NOT taking better care of Nothing Fails. One of her best songs ever, with SO MUCH potential. No video, no promo, they just wanted to sweep anything American Life related under the rug and focus on softening her image by going blonde, wearing floral patterns, releasing children’s books and doing an animated movie we all forget... etc.

. Do you think that by Hollywood, second single, they wanted to rescue the album doing a quite  neutral videoclip with M looking glamorous and returning to blonde? Interesting. Anyway, I lived intesely the American life era and it is one of my favourites ever, but, decades past, I really don´t understand the message behind the video american life: the war theme, the american dream, the material and the fashion world, the fame obsesion, all mixed? It´s not a little sort of an extravangza? What´s the connection between Madonna adressing her past ambition to be rich and famous mixed with the children of Irak? Sometimes I think the criticism was not well done at all and that was really the problem. And that it did not worked out fine cause it was not credible to start with, as Madonna was the face of overthetop stuff, fashionims and yes, materialism, and still is, when this album is all forgoten.

Important Information

Terms of Use