Is Guy Oseary Still Her Manager?

drivebitch

5 hours ago, PlayPause said:

I don't get this point. The manager is here to manage the artist, not to micromanage PR, social and fan relations.

Yeah but it means going that extra mile to know what the fan base likes especially for someone like Madonna who doesn’t do that at all. And now when she seems completely disconnected from what the people who would buy/stream her music. 
Careese did it and many major artists’ managers do it. It’s not uncommon at all.

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Somehow I suspect it wasn't Guy that presented to her the idea to release 3 Frozen remixes. Or to do a theatre tour. Or to perform on a bar in a blue wig.... etc etc

Lol exactly. But all those were good ideas. I think what’s we’re mostly disappointed in is how poorly and unprofessional everything is managed. Madonna is pretty much doing her job, she works hard and delivers stuff but she’s not steered at all. 
Madame X was a great record but had no hit single worthy songs. She invested a ton of her own money in filming great videos that had no commercial return. There were no physical releases of all the remixes they commissioned. Losing momentum and keeping us in the dark about those reissues that were announced. Releasing these frozen mixes late and one by one until everyone loses any interest. And the list goes on. 
He’s been managing her for years and they’re friends. I’m sure he knows how to work with her. But it seems to me he just puts in the minimum effort and lets her run wild without any boundaries. 

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Somehow I suspect it wasn't Guy that presented to her the idea to release 3 Frozen remixes. Or to do a theatre tour. Or to perform on a bar in a blue wig.... etc etc

I don’t see how those things are apart of the equation. And I wouldn’t really consider them career lows. I don’t even think her “all time lows” are Guys doing (Drake, Eurovision, etc).

The big picture is comparing Guys managing work to the previous managers. His output just isn’t comparable.

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yeah but it means going that extra mile to know what the fan base likes especially for someone like Madonna who doesn’t do that at all. And now when she seems completely disconnected from what the people who would buy/stream her music. 
Careese did it and many major artists’ managers do it. It’s not uncommon at all.

The only thing I remember about Caresse is she promised stuff and didn't deliver and also was personally responsible for forging M's signature on ICON competition prizes, promo photos and CDs circa 2001-2003 

11 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol exactly. But all those were good ideas. I think what’s we’re mostly disappointed in is how poorly and unprofessional everything is managed. Madonna is pretty much doing her job, she works hard and delivers stuff but she’s not steered at all. 
Madame X was a great record but had no hit single worthy songs. She invested a ton of her own money in filming great videos that had no commercial return. There were no physical releases of all the remixes they commissioned. Losing momentum and keeping us in the dark about those reissues that were announced. Releasing these frozen mixes late and one by one until everyone loses any interest. And the list goes on. 
He’s been managing her for years and they’re friends. I’m sure he knows how to work with her. But it seems to me he just puts in the minimum effort and lets her run wild without any boundaries. 

Totally right  - so much has been so unprofessionally  managed over the last few years and not steered at all.  

The combination of a better previous managers  like Caresse, Freddy DeMann and Angela Becker, a great record label Warner Bros and a great PR agent Liz Rosenberg made the most of everything, everything was so much more professional and on point . There were very few mis-steps with their help