Edit History

Ch3rish

Ch3rish

46 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

I think most of the world just might already have "Vogue" in their collection. It's never really gone away. For me, all the love and positivity she is getting is way more valuable than sales right now. But I've never cared much about charts. I get why others do though.

It's not about charts or sales as much as the fact it shows the song really is getting some love again.  Beyonce is a pretty big artist, so her using Madonna's song, you'd think the song would see some increases on streaming platforms if not digital sales.  Just take the Kate Bush song 'Running Up That Hill'.  A popular streaming series re-popularized that song.  I've also seen other artists songs increase streams or digital sales by the mere mention of them in films and/or television series if not other people's songs.  Also, how many of us here have; "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey or "Your Song" by Elton John in our collection?  I know I don't, but those songs were highly popular over the years, and sold millions, yet they still are in the top 40 or 100 on digital platforms.  All I'm saying is Vogue should be getting a resurgence from this!

Ch3rish

Ch3rish

32 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

I think most of the world just might already have "Vogue" in their collection. It's never really gone away. For me, all the love and positivity she is getting is way more valuable than sales right now. But I've never cared much about charts. I get why others do though.

It's not about charts or sales as much as the fact it shows the song really is getting some love again.  Beyonce is a pretty big artist, so her using Madonna's song, you'd think the song would see some increases on streaming platforms if not digital sales.  Just take the Kate Bush song 'Running Up That Hill'.  A popular streaming series re-popularized that song.  I've also seen other artists songs increase streams or digital sales by the mere mention of them in films and/or television series if not other people's songs.  Also, how many of us here; "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey or "Your Song" by Elton John.  I know I don't, but those songs were highly popular over the years, and songs like that still are in the top 40 or 100 on digital platforms. All I'm saying is Vogue should be getting a resurgence from this!

Important Information

Terms of Use