Edit History

Ch3rish

Ch3rish

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

All the fans losing it with "Break My Vogue"... I get it, but we don't need to go that far back really when we have "IDSIF" in 2019, "Living For Love" in 2015, etc. etc. It's not like Madonna and dance music are enemies, you know.

"I Don't Search I Find" is the perfect example of how Madonna could do another full dance album if she wanted to (she once said in an interview that she can do dance songs "in her sleep", like they come most easy to her).

The thing is, she doesn't want to, that's not challenging enough for her at this point of her life. And after 40 years, you can't blame her, she's earned to do whatever she wants to do.

And I'm not necessarily a big fan of IDSIF or LFL.  But she's had other dance songs that I still enjoy and I agree it's not like she's abandoned that genre.  If anything, she keeps expanding.  That's what an artist does if they want to continue to grow with the current music scene and gain newer fans.  And frankly, I feel that's what she's always done her whole career. Each album she's put out is pretty different from the last. It includes the latest trends and sounds.  And I can relate to some fans who enjoy a certain era or album and wish she would remain in that lane because I'm not a big rap/hip hop fan, but I quite enjoy most of her songs, even the ones that feature rappers.  I don't think Madonna would still be as big is she is; if she hasn't evolved with her music.  I guess that's what makes her so polarizing because she triggers a lot of people, but at the same time, she isn't afraid to experiment with new sounds, genres and artists. 

You are so right; she's been doing this 40 years, so she earned the right do whatever she wants.  She's been losing and gaining fans ever since transitioning from Like a Virgin to True Blue.  She's been doing this for too long for her whole fan base to ditch her.  She's done so much that she'll always will have fans... and old ones will come back to her as well because she'll eventually come back to a sound they like.  The proof is in those albums some fans aren't necessarily fond of, but have found one or two songs from it that they do enjoy.  For Instance, I know a lot of fans dislike MDNA, but I think most fans agree they really love Beautiful Killer! That's just one example that she serves up something for everyone these days.

Ch3rish

Ch3rish

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

All the fans losing it with "Break My Vogue"... I get it, but we don't need to go that far back really when we have "IDSIF" in 2019, "Living For Love" in 2015, etc. etc. It's not like Madonna and dance music are enemies, you know.

"I Don't Search I Find" is the perfect example of how Madonna could do another full dance album if she wanted to (she once said in an interview that she can do dance songs "in her sleep", like they come most easy to her).

The thing is, she doesn't want to, that's not challenging enough for her at this point of her life. And after 40 years, you can't blame her, she's earned to do whatever she wants to do.

And I'm not necessarily a big fan of IDSIF or LFL.  But she's had other dance songs that I still enjoy and I agree it's not like she's abandoned that genre.  If anything, she keeps expanding.  That's what an artist does if they want to continue to grow with the current music scene and gain newer fans.  And frankly, I feel that's what she's always done her whole career. Each album she's put out is pretty different from the last. It includes the latest trends and sounds.  And I can relate to some fans who enjoy a certain era or album and wish she would remain in that lane because I'm not a big rap/hip hop fan, but I quite enjoy most of her songs, even the one that feature rappers.  I don't think Madonna would still be as big is she is; if she hasn't evolved with her music.  I guess that's what makes her so polarizing because she triggers a lot of people, but at the same time, she isn't afraid to experiment with new sounds, genres and artists. 

You are so right; she's been doing this 40 years, so she earned the right do whatever she wants.  She's been losing and gaining fans ever sing transitioning from Like a Virgin to True Blue.  She's been doing this for too long for her whole fan base to ditch her.  She's done so much that she'll always will have fans... and old ones will come back to her as well because she'll eventually come back to a sound they like.  The proof is in those albums some fans aren't necessarily fond of, but have found one or two songs from it that they do enjoy.  For Instance, I know a lot of fans dislike MDNA, but I think most fans agree they really love Beautiful Killer! That's just one example that she serves up something for everyone these days.

Important Information

Terms of Use