The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Can you please go ahead and contact the venue directly? You’re a doll. Thank you.

The venue is going to say the same thing because they, just like Ticketmaster, can only communicate what the promoter (Live Nation) tells them.

17 hours ago, DJ N A said:

The venue is going to say the same thing because they, just like Ticketmaster, can only communicate what the promoter (Live Nation) tells them.

Reply from the venue….

I’m sorry you are disappointed with the seat changes  – I appreciate this would be frustrating.

For all events stage design, equipment placement and seating plans vary as it's down to the touring production team and the artist's promoters. They have full control of the show and how it's operated as we - The O2 - are just the hired venue.  Occasionally, the production company managing the event has to make late changes, and we have to move seats around to comply with their wishes.

We’ll always do our best to move you to a seat that costs the same as your original one and if this isn’t possible will refund you the difference in cost between the two.

This is included in our terms and conditions which are on our website and on the back of your ticket – point 9.

Nevertheless, it can be frustrating and I’m sorry we had to move you this time.

I do look forward to welcoming you at The O2 again soon.

25 minutes ago, MartinX said:

Reply from the venue….

I’m sorry you are disappointed with the seat changes  – I appreciate this would be frustrating.

For all events stage design, equipment placement and seating plans vary as it's down to the touring production team and the artist's promoters. They have full control of the show and how it's operated as we - The O2 - are just the hired venue.  Occasionally, the production company managing the event has to make late changes, and we have to move seats around to comply with their wishes.

We’ll always do our best to move you to a seat that costs the same as your original one and if this isn’t possible will refund you the difference in cost between the two.

This is included in our terms and conditions which are on our website and on the back of your ticket – point 9.

Nevertheless, it can be frustrating and I’m sorry we had to move you this time.

I do look forward to welcoming you at The O2 again soon.

Oh wow, that is not good. I am really sorry for everyone affected. I know we all support Madonna and hope she is healthy etc etc, but this sort of bait and switch is really disappointing and unprofessional. To show such detailed set plans and segment the seats by their proximity to the stage and then change plans is not respectful and is really disappointing. 

But ultimately that's how it is. if they're making the runways shorter, they aren't going to be able to put everyone who bought along the runways in new tickets along shorter runways. It's dreadful but it isn't as if they're going to move those fans to the back of the arena is it.. try and keep positive I'm sure it'll all be brilliant :)

2 hours ago, scion said:

But ultimately that's how it is. if they're making the runways shorter, they aren't going to be able to put everyone who bought along the runways in new tickets along shorter runways. It's dreadful but it isn't as if they're going to move those fans to the back of the arena is it.. try and keep positive I'm sure it'll all be brilliant :)

This is how I see it.  If anything, one might actually have a better view or experience of the show.  There still going to be at an equivalent location.

That all being said, I do find it frustrating how business these days seem to think they can change their terms and conditions whenever they please, yet the moment we the consumer are inconvenienced by that move, or want a refund, etc., it's like we have to be penalized for it.  It's like cable and phone services.  They can change their terms and conditions in the middle of your contract, but if you try to get out of it, you are penalized, charged a fee and/or stuck with something more expensive that you didn't originally agreed to. 

Has this been confirmed really??? Because it just wouldnt make sense or be economical (apart from the extra seats but they dont seem to be on sale) it looked like more of a centre stage with a piano ect on. The whole show would have to be re jigged. The middle stage well... the lighting in the arena was all set up for it too. We saw her mini rollercoaster thing underneath. OK she might not move around as much on it if she's not 100% and swap a song for a ballad. But to build a new stage and all those lights would take a long time. Changing all the seats and handling 1000'ds of gays going crazy it doesnt add up.  Good luck to them if true, itll be hard work. 

How would they have time to do all this? She's not even in rehearsals yet, I bet she's still getting physio. Her focus was on betting better first.  I do hope this was a computer glitch for those who it effects (which is most of us really) but I don't mind it happening if true. I'm shocked the tour hasnt been put off till next year! Or at all. I'm just glad she's alive!! :heart:

Getting to see her again is just a bonus, stage change or not. Even if she just had an end stage we wouldve booked!!! 

29 minutes ago, PM3962 said:

One week since she said that she will communicate us the dates of her world tour. One week and nothing. She can tell us nothing until beginning october. 
The website Madonna News said four days. 

Keep in mind "Madonna News" is not an official source.  They can freely interpret Madonna's statement from her IG stories, stating "a few days", but no amount of specific number of days was given by Madonna.  She simply said; "in a few days".  Now that being said, I would agree it's been more than "a few days".  But at this time, I know whenever Madonna posts "soon"  (and now 'in a few days") to assume it's going to be much longer than that.  :Madonna007:

She's gonna have to finish her physio see how she is and get dr's to write letters that she's well enough for the tour insurance. They wont want a load of cancelled dates. After such a serious infection shed have a low immune system for a long time. She's done amazing!! even going to Beyonce! Wow. She mustve been really healthy to beat it so much to not delay it longer. Most are on a walking stick or wheelchair for a while. She's a marvel!! 

Dont really want to mention other pop stars to cause a riot but loads of tours have been 'Jancelled' or another one sat in a wheelchair called Emma for a long time. Madge is such a fighter wow. I know they had different 'illnesses' But Madges was way more serious. 

Please nobody come at me about the others. Just my perspective. 

4 minutes ago, scallywally said:

She's gonna have to finish her physio see how she is and get dr's to write letters that she's well enough for the tour insurance. They wont want a load of cancelled dates. After such a serious infection shed have a low immune system for a long time. She's done amazing!! even going to Beyonce! Wow. She mustve been really healthy to beat it so much to not delay it longer. Most are on a walking stick or wheelchair for a while. She's a marvel!! 

Dont really want to mention other pop stars to cause a riot but loads of tours have been 'Jancelled' or another one sat in a wheelchair called Emma for a long time. Madge is such a fighter wow. I know they had different 'illnesses' But Madges was way more serious. 

Please nobody come at me about the others. Just my perspective. 

The thing is; I would think if she herself is saying "in a few days", she's already past the Doctor approval, etc.  Besides, we know when she''ll be starting her tour in October in UK.  The dates being rescheduled will be made up next year when she would already been out on the road. 

I suspect Madonna tends to jump the gun when making her own announcements.  She's probably been informed that these new dates will soon to be announced, but probably wasn't give an exact date when that will be announced. 

27 minutes ago, PM3962 said:

Two months. No excuse. It’s a refund or a confirmation.  But on her website still nothing sure. If she thinks that instagram is an official way to communicate….

If I was a lawyer…

Your being overly dramatic here.  It's not even been two months yet since the postponements! You do know that rescheduling so many shows is a grueling process and isn't that easy?  In fact, tour venues are usually secured six months to a year in advance, so no doubt rescheduling something that has been postponed may be even a bit more tedious, especially if they are trying to schedule dates right after all the other dates that are still going on.

You'll get your "refund" when they finally announce the rescheduled dates if you're not happy with the new date.  I agree this isn't ideal for any of us, but let's not act like this is a simple process.  Be patient!

I will agree that Madonna probably shouldn't have made her personal post, but obviously something is coming... it's just her meaning of "in a few days" tends to be longer than most anticipate. :)