Edit History

DanceWithMe

DanceWithMe

On 8/3/2023 at 10:46 AM, maddy1111 said:

Thanks for the info! :)

Honestly, I have started collecting vinyls only earlier this year, managed to collect each album from Madonna expect HC and RH (now just waiting for reissues from Warner), so wasn't really aware Rebel Heart has been constantly repressed since I could not find it anywhere at this moment. Just found a recent repress of MDNA and bought it instantly. 

Regarding Hard Candy, I am not that much interested in CD. I already have my copy on CD since 2008, so really just waiting for vinyl (simply fell in love with that format). I am more curious if there is even a chance that Warner will pay any attention to that album anytime soon (meaning in following 2-3 years). Regarding colors, I am not really a type of collector that need it in each color, so a standard repress on black 180g vinyl, maybe one color variation (pink?) would be fine for me. 

I'm sure Warner will repress Hard Candy eventually. There's a rumor Celebration will be repressed, but in the normal edition, not the Deluxe Edition that sells for $500+

Also, there's three versions of Hard Candy from what I understand.

- The 1st is a total fuck up. Someone used the wrong disc stamper on Side 1 of the first disc, and it plays rap music instead. Thankfully this fuck up isn't valuable even though not many exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42cPe4ygrcA

- The 2nd error (still part of the first pressing) is the rarest and most valueable. This one is still solid blue and pink but the music on the discs is pressed right (meaning it has the album music, not the rap songs). A lot of people say it sounds better than the splatter version too that came after it, so it just fuels the collectibility aspect. Madonna and her team recalled this version and the remanining discs when they found out the vinyl was not being pressed with the starburst design. By then, a few copies had made their way to HMV in the UK. And the only way to know from what I've read, is that you had to buy the album and open it to see if you got the one with solid blue and pink or if you got the corrected repress, since by then the corrected splatter version and the solid version were jumbled together by HMV's inventory team before it got sent out to stores. And since there were no design or numbering changes to either version, there was no way for HMV to send back all the recalled versions.

https://www.discogs.com/release/13558314-Madonna-Hard-Candy

- The 3rd version, officially the first repress, and the correct "intended" color version is the one that was made in a different factory after Madonna's team was annoyed the other factory fucked up the first two times to make the discs like she wanted. This is the one with the white discs and pink and blue splatter.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1358986-Madonna-Hard-Candy

In the end, the splatter version is the easiest to find and cheapest to collect. The solid misprint with the correct music is the most expensive/rarest to find since not many people list it on sale due to its collectibility. The one with the wrong music (which is also pressed solid) is probably rarer, but less valuable and less desirable since it's a full on error with another musician's music on side 1.

If Hard Candy gets pressed again it will probably be on Black vinyl, unless they do a different color way. I can see Madonna & WB repressing it using the marble effect, which is more accurate to the candy that inspired the original starburst one.

DanceWithMe

DanceWithMe

On 8/3/2023 at 10:46 AM, maddy1111 said:

Thanks for the info! :)

Honestly, I have started collecting vinyls only earlier this year, managed to collect each album from Madonna expect HC and RH (now just waiting for reissues from Warner), so wasn't really aware Rebel Heart has been constantly repressed since I could not find it anywhere at this moment. Just found a recent repress of MDNA and bought it instantly. 

Regarding Hard Candy, I am not that much interested in CD. I already have my copy on CD since 2008, so really just waiting for vinyl (simply fell in love with that format). I am more curious if there is even a chance that Warner will pay any attention to that album anytime soon (meaning in following 2-3 years). Regarding colors, I am not really a type of collector that need it in each color, so a standard repress on black 180g vinyl, maybe one color variation (pink?) would be fine for me. 

I'm sure Warner will repress Hard Candy eventually. There's a rumor Celebration will be repressed, but in the normal edition, not the Deluxe Edition that sells for $500+

Also, there's three versions of Hard Candy from what I understand.

- The 1st is a fuck up. Someone used the wrong stamper on Side 1 of the first disc, and it plays rap music instead. Thankfully this fuck up isn't valuable even though not many exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42cPe4ygrcA

- The 2nd error (still part of the first pressing) is the rarest and most valueable. This one is still solid blue and pink but the discs are pressed right (meaning it has the album music, not the rap songs). A lot of people say it sounds better than the splatter version too that came after it, so it just fuels the collectibility. Madonna and her team recalled this version and the remanining discs when they found out the vinyl was not being pressed with the starburst design. By then, a few copies had made their way to HMV in the UK. And the only way to know from what I've read, is that you had to buy the album and open it to see if you got the one with solid blue and pink or if you got the corrected repress, since by then the corrected splatter version and the solid version were jumbled together by HMV's inventory team before it got sent out to stores. And since there were no design or numbering changes to either version, there was no way for HMV to send back all the recalled versions.

https://www.discogs.com/release/13558314-Madonna-Hard-Candy

- The 3rd version, officially the repress and correct color version is the one that was made in a different factory after Madonna's team was annoyed the other factory fucked up the first two times to make the discs like she wanted. This is the one with the white discs and pink and blue splatter.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1358986-Madonna-Hard-Candy

In the end, the splatter version is the easiest to find and cheapest to collect. The solid misprint with the correct music is the most expensive/rarest to find. The one with the wrong music (which is also pressed solid) is probably rarer, but less valuable and less desirable since it's a full on error with another musician's music on side 1.

If Hard Candy gets pressed again it will probably be on Black vinyl.

Important Information

Terms of Use