Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

Hoping for a well-rested and full recovery for M :heart:.

I would hope that by now M has received clear medical guidance and advice on how long she needs to recover.

Alongside her own personal wishes, I would hope that this has given LN and Guy enough information on which to make a confidnent calculation about which dates and/or legs are most definitely postponed or cancelled. Even if they do not have a fixed rescheduled date - the courtesy and transparency would be very welcome. 

9 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I think they should just announce the postponed dates officially… it’s already the 4th of July some people don’t even know what’s happening. 

I wonder if it’s because they want to keep tickets on sale. If they postpone it without offering a new date then they have to take it off sale, then people can’t buy tickets for that city. Yes it’s awful but no surprise.

I don’t agree we should blame her team or say they’re unprofessional. This is ticketmaster/live nation, the biggest touring company in the world doing this. Madonna’s team have let everyone know shows are being postponed and that more info is coming.

1 minute ago, Kieran said:

Hoping for a well-rested and full recovery for M :heart:.

I would hope that by now M has received clear medical guidance and advice on how long she needs to recover.

Alongside her own personal wishes, I would hope that this has given LN and Guy enough information on which to make a confidnent calculation about which dates and/or legs are most definitely postponed or cancelled. Even if they do not have a fixed rescheduled date - the courtesy and transparency would be very welcome. 

But why tell everyone a vague plan? Would that not just cause confusion? Better to wait for something concrete.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I visit her official site very often.  Also, the world is a pretty big place.  There are a lot of people who have no idea what Madonna is up to lately, nor know she's been ill.  It's easy for us fans to assume that people might be living under a rock if they aren't up to speed on her. Take someone like Taylor Swift who is far more popular than Madonna at the moment.  You'd think everyone would know what she's up to, but I'm sure there are many of us (such as myself) who aren't privy to what's she's doing at the moment. 

I know but I’m talking about ticket holders. Don’t you think the vast majority of them will know by now? Even if they get an email from ticketmaster , what about the 2% who’s email went to spam? Should we worry for them too?

1 minute ago, IconicQueen said:

I'm sure she doesn't need any "caring for" from her sister, she has a whole team that is paid to do that if she needs it. Her sis is probably just there to visit and see how she's doing.

Now Madonna has lost money on the tour postponement she will be needing to cut costs I imagine

12 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I agree they probably need more time and info in orden to say something more concrete that is definitive, thats Why the waiting! 

I agree. These things take time to see her progress. At least a few more weeks before we get info. It’s already been stated by Guy that this was a very “serious” infection which require a few days in ICU. It will take weeks in home care to see how she recovers before they can know anything. Guy already gave the heads up saying it will be postponed. So anyone that has made travel plans should have already canceled those. And of course you will be able to get a refund when the time comes. But you should have already solidified your hotel and air refunds by now. 

I know I sound like a know-it-all. It’s just what I feel like it is. I could be all wrong. Just one humble opinion that sounds un-humble. Haha.

This gotta be the worst time of her all career. Not only what's happened to her is probably one of the worst thing, if not the worst thing that happened to her health-wise, but it also happened at the worst time, two weeks before engaging in a world tour... For any artist that would be a nightmare, but for the control freak that is Madonna that must be hell on hearth... She needs to have peace of mind to heal well and in good conditions, and this is actually probably the most stressfull time of her whole career. Stay strong M 💪💪💪

1 minute ago, Redha DBL said:

This gotta be the worst time of her all career. Not only what's happened to her is probably one of the worst thing, if not the worst thing that happened to her health-wise, but it also happened at the worst time, two weeks before engaging in a world tour... For any artist that would be a nightmare, but for the control freak that is Madonna that must be hell on hearth... She needs to have peace of mind to heal well and in good conditions, and this is actually probably the most stressfull time of her whole career. Stay strong M 💪💪💪

Yes, she needs our support, for sure!!

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I wonder if it’s because they want to keep tickets on sale. If they postpone it without offering a new date then they have to take it off sale, then people can’t buy tickets for that city. Yes it’s awful but no surprise.

I don’t agree we should blame her team or say they’re unprofessional. This is ticketmaster/live nation, the biggest touring company in the world doing this. Madonna’s team have let everyone know shows are being postponed and that more info is coming.

Shittttt!!! Sooo true… 😮😮😮 we tend to forget how many parties are involved in tours!!! 😭

Anyhow, this sickness has made me ponder my own preferences and also wanting to see her slow down physically. 

I was watching Madame X tour and remember what a joy it was to sit down and experience her music in a relaxed seated position and to be around hard core fans. (Except the drunk Russian girl who tried to steal my seat and kept talking really loud.) I loved this tour. And I like that I could see 10 shows in one city and not have to travel to see more shows. I TRULY loved it. I think it’s a great way to proceed. I don’t need her doing aerobic style dancing or movements to entertain me. Hoping for more tours in theaters. Although I will love the arena shows too. In the future I prefer Madame X style shows. And she can get very creative without so much physical strain on her body or traveling.

Turns out Jenifer is young and healthy compared to her other sisters. She is 55 years old. I kind of hope this is true that she is helping her. Family is so comforting and the others are quite a bit older to travel. <\b>And one went to heaven recently.

Huh? Weird comment... Her siblings are still young and their ages are close to M's. You're not ancient or unhealthy as soon as you hit 60. M travels often, other people her age and older travel often.
If this is true, then maybe Jennifer is the one who is able to help out at the moment? Maybe Madonna asked her for a reason? Who knows.

Strange to comment as if the decision came down to who is the healthiest and the youngest though..

2 minutes ago, Crazy For M said:

Huh? Weird comment... Her siblings are still young and their ages are close to M's. You're not ancient or unhealthy as soon as you hit 60. M travels often, other people her age and older travel often.
If this is true, then maybe Jennifer is the one who is able to help out at the moment? Maybe Madonna asked her for a reason? Who knows.

Strange to comment as if the decision came down to who is the healthiest and the youngest though..

I have relatives that don’t visit each other because they are not as young, energetic and healthy to help out other relatives when sick so the younger ones go. That’s an experience that’s normal for many families. Stop trying to to start fights with every other member on this forum with your aggressive, childish and mean posts. You need banned.