Edit History

FraP

FraP

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

What did she say 

We don't know the full story, but it's pretty clear there was some fallout after the DWT. There's chatter that Niki caught heat from Madonna for putting on weight, and others buzz about money issues, like Madonna not paying her fairly. We know Madonna can be a bitch sometimes, so I'm not quick to throw shade at Niki.

But it's known that Niki was feeling salty during the Reinvention tour, quipping she would join Madonna again for a reinvention, not for a regurgitation. She might've thrown some not-so-kind words around then, she surely made a joke about Madonna's forced British accent and said that Kabbalah had brainwashed her. She also dished some gossip about Madonna's boyfriends from the 90s. All of this happened in 2004, around the time.

Over the last 10/15 years, she's mostly spoken positively, although it's apparent that something broke along the way.

That's all in the past. I've watched a bunch of Niki's recent clips, and these days, she's mostly singing Madonna's praises, reminiscing about the lessons learned and the good times. Yet, she can throw a bit of shade sometimes, always keeping it respectful, though.

In my opinion, though, something happened that somewhat damaged their relationship. She's been a good friend of Madonna's for a long time. We don't know if she had a reason to be upset in 2004.

56 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I don’t get all the fuss. They probably spoke backstage before the show and they for sure didn’t pay for their tickets. 
I’m happy for Kelly, she’s a true stan and in the past like at Rebel Heart it was Anderson Cooper that got to go onstage with M. It’s also great or since she will talk bout it on her show like she did the other day. 

I'm also really happy that Kelly got up there. She's a die-hard Madonna fan, always geeking out on her TV shows, showcasing videos of her at concerts (I remember when Madonna handed her the mic during GI2M at the S&S). Kelly truly deserves it. And I'd rather see her as a guest judge than N&D, because seeing them just as judges holding up scorecards (where guests typically just react without really bringing their own flair to the stage) would have been a letdown.

What saddens me more, though, is if they were in the front row but didn't get to chat even a little with their old friend and colleague Madonna. That would be really disheartening and sad. Like, come on, move on and reconnect.

52 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

In 2004, she said she will be on stage with Madonna again when she will do a real reinvention and not regurgitation. And she said other things I don't remember :angry:

Yes, but I think that happened because there was some unresolved issue we're not aware of.

But that's water under the bridge now. Madonna reconciled with Elton John, who has been a total bitch for a decade and he definitely wasn't as close to her as N&D were. I don't see why she couldn't reconnect with them too.

FraP

FraP

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

What did she say 

We don't know the full story, but it's pretty clear there was some fallout after the DWT. There's chatter that Niki caught heat from Madonna for putting on weight, and others buzz about money issues, like Madonna not paying her fairly. We know Madonna can be a bitch sometimes, so I'm not quick to throw shade at Niki.

But it's known that Niki was feeling salty during the Reinvention tour, quipping she would join Madonna again for a reinvention, not for a regurgitation. She might've thrown some not-so-kind words around then, maybe hinting Madonna sidelined Donna and spotlighted the new backup singer more (though my memory's fuzzy on this).

She then made a joke about Madonna's forced British accent and said that Kabbalah had brainwashed her. She also dished some gossip about Madonna's boyfriends from the 90s. All of this happened in 2004.

Over the last 15 years, she's mostly spoken positively, although it's apparent that something broke along the way.

That's all in the past. I've watched a bunch of Niki's recent clips, and these days, she's mostly singing Madonna's praises, reminiscing about the lessons learned and the good times. Yet, she can throw a bit of shade sometimes, always keeping it respectful, though.

In my opinion, though, something happened that somewhat damaged their relationship. She's been a good friend of Madonna's for a long time. We don't know if she had a reason to be upset in 2004.

52 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I don’t get all the fuss. They probably spoke backstage before the show and they for sure didn’t pay for their tickets. 
I’m happy for Kelly, she’s a true stan and in the past like at Rebel Heart it was Anderson Cooper that got to go onstage with M. It’s also great or since she will talk bout it on her show like she did the other day. 

I'm also really happy that Kelly got up there. She's a die-hard Madonna fan, always geeking out on her TV shows, showcasing videos of her at concerts (I remember when Madonna handed her the mic during GI2M at the S&S). Kelly truly deserves it. And I'd rather see her as a guest judge than N&D, because seeing them just as judges holding up scorecards (where guests typically just react without really bringing their own flair to the stage) would have been a letdown.

What saddens me more, though, is if they were in the front row but didn't get to chat even a little with their old friend and colleague Madonna. That would be really disheartening and sad. Like, come on, move on and reconnect.

48 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

In 2004, she said she will be on stage with Madonna again when she will do a real reinvention and not regurgitation. And she said other things I don't remember :angry:

Yes, but I think that happened because there was some unresolved issue we're not aware of.

But that's water under the bridge now. Madonna reconciled with Elton John, who has been a total bitch for a decade and he definitely wasn't as close to her as N&D were. I don't see why she couldn't reconnect with them too.

FraP

FraP

37 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

What did she say 

But it's known that Niki was feeling salty during the Reinvention tour, quipping she would join Madonna again for a reinvention, not for a regurgitation. She might've thrown some not-so-kind words around then, maybe hinting Madonna sidelined Donna and spotlighted the new backup singer more (though my memory's fuzzy on this).

But that's all in the past. I've watched a bunch of Niki's recent clips, and these days, she's mostly singing Madonna's praises, reminiscing about the lessons learned and the good times. Yet, she can throw a bit of shade sometimes, always keeping it respectful, though.

22 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

18 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Important Information

Terms of Use