Edit History

Dita-84

Dita-84

16 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Dear @Dita-84,

My complain is about how M fans cannot understand the vision M has had about her work, I say, the blurred lines that she expect us to decipher once we get familiarized to her mindset.

About GHV2: it was clear to M's vision then she wanted to do to GHV2 what people expected her after being disappointed to "no hits!" Drowned World Tour setlist. She tried to do an "alternate hit-driven version" of what DWT was. Of course, with only these hits, because at that time they were the only ones she was akin to. The tracklist order follow a very similar narrative to DWT's. Believe it or not.

About Celebration: she was just saying yes to Warner to leave them out. She recorded new songs (as well as new takes from old leftovers) just to please them. I really bet she even wanted that tracklist. It was just, "ok, you want this from me, this is what the contract says, so ok I'll do this and I move away from you by front door." She was just focused to Jesus Luz and S&ST Round II.

I really get GHV2 was her vision by then, and we as her fans should respect her and admit what she had in mind and Celebration was her notcurring at all, after all, it was a thing she had to deliver so she would not have to leave label to "not pendant issues."

Of course we as fans have the full right to disagree to Madonna's mindset as we aren't her; but saying things are out of order without getting the full pic behind them is to do what SayHeyers do to Kylie and her work.

We don't need to say ok to everything M does; we only should get why M had this thing in mind by that time, after all, we support her, otherwise we'd be stanning other people.

I hope I have been the clearer possible.

To me it didn't seem like there was any 'vision' for GHV2. It was a release I feel was forced upon her by her record label. I don't disagree with fans who may have been disappointed by the release. It was a lazy cobbled together selection of existing songs with no new tracks, no new photos, nothing. It's difficult to understand a vision when there is nothing seemingly creative about the project. I did like the promotional posters around the time though.

Of course, this is only my opinion and interpretation. :lol:

Dita-84

Dita-84

14 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Dear @Dita-84,

My complain is about how M fans cannot understand the vision M has had about her work, I say, the blurred lines that she expect us to decipher once we get familiarized to her mindset.

About GHV2: it was clear to M's vision then she wanted to do to GHV2 what people expected her after being disappointed to "no hits!" Drowned World Tour setlist. She tried to do an "alternate hit-driven version" of what DWT was. Of course, with only these hits, because at that time they were the only ones she was akin to. The tracklist order follow a very similar narrative to DWT's. Believe it or not.

About Celebration: she was just saying yes to Warner to leave them out. She recorded new songs (as well as new takes from old leftovers) just to please them. I really bet she even wanted that tracklist. It was just, "ok, you want this from me, this is what the contract says, so ok I'll do this and I move away from you by front door." She was just focused to Jesus Luz and S&ST Round II.

I really get GHV2 was her vision by then, and we as her fans should respect her and admit what she had in mind and Celebration was her notcurring at all, after all, it was a thing she had to deliver so she would not have to leave label to "not pendant issues."

Of course we as fans have the full right to disagree to Madonna's mindset as we aren't her; but saying things are out of order without getting the full pic behind them is to do what SayHeyers do to Kylie and her work.

We don't need to say ok to everything M does; we only should get why M had this thing in mind by that time, after all, we support her, otherwise we'd be stanning other people.

To me it didn't seem like there was any 'vision' for GHV2. It was a release I feel was forced upon her by her record label. I don't disagree with fans who may have been disappointed by the release. It was a lazy cobbled together selection of existing songs with no new tracks, no new photos, nothing. It's difficult to understand a vision when there is nothing seemingly creative about the project. I did like the promotional posters around the time though.

Of course, this is only my opinion and interpretation. I don't wish to receive an interrogation about it :lol:

Dita-84

Dita-84

7 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Dear @Dita-84,

To me it didn't seem like there was any 'vision' for GHV2. It was a release I feel was forced upon her by her record label. I don't disagree with fans who may have been disappointed by the release. It was a lazy cobbled together selection of existing songs with no new tracks, no new photos, nothing. I did like the promotional posters around the time though. It's difficult to understand a vision when there is nothing seemingly creative about the project. 

Important Information

Terms of Use